anyone get a late BFP? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-22-2008, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering what are the odds of getting BFN's but being pg?

I really don't think I am pg, and have confirmed that with a couple of BFN's. But I'm having suspiciously pg symptoms--things that I've only experienced when pg (though I've never gotten them this early on). Stuff like a change in taste buds, headaches, tired, bad taste in mouth, sensitivity to smells. I'm nursing my 17mo, and haven't had a pp AF yet, so I have no missed period to go by, nor do I know if I ovulated. (I've been keeping track of my cervix, looking for signs of ovulation, but haven't noticed any yet . . . but I could have missed something, I suppose.) Anyway, based on when my symptoms started (and they've been with me for 3 weeks now!) at the least I'd be 5 weeks, and I would think that I should be getting a BFP if I were actually pg. Has anyone gotten a BFN at 5 weeks but actually been pg?

TIA, mamas!

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#2 of 7 Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 PM

Yes.

6 months PP I started bleeding, and I was sure it was AF. But then the bleeding stopped, and started again. BFN. I tried again a couple of days later when I was still spotting -- BFN. After 12 days of spotting, I decided that I must have been miscarrying because that had never happened to me, but then on day 14 or so I was struck by completely unexpected exhaustion coupled with a gush of blood and I knew I was still pregnant, so I tested again -- BFP. The bleeding must have been implantation bleeding, so I was 2 weeks past implantation before I got a BFP. (I'm due today.)
#3 of 7 Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 PM

YES.
I just got my BFP after testing and getting BFN's for several weeks. I am also nursing my dd and don't have a regular cycle to go off of. I too had symptoms for 3-4 weeks before I finally got a BFP. SO I still don't have a clue as to what my EDD would be.....I go in for my first appt in 2 weeks.
#4 of 7 Old 01-23-2008, 03:06 PM

I am currently 13 weeks pregnant. I had two negative blood tests and COUNTLESS home pregnancy tests come back negative. Also two earlier ultrasounds showing nothing. I went to the hospital (for something else) and they told me I wasn't pregnant. I just went in for another ultrasound and the baby is huge, alive, and wrestling with the umbilical cord! I just got my first positive test a couple weeks ago. I say, trust your body and you'll know.

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#5 of 7 Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 PM

Yup! I tested at what I thought was the right time (onset of menses) but got a BFN. Same thing the next day. A few days later I had an unmistakable pg sign (for me, it's sore nipples) and tested -- voila!
#6 of 7 Old 01-24-2008, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Wow! Interesting. I feel so frustrated at my symptoms and almost as if I must be imagining them since I keep getting BFN's . . . but they are definitely not imaginary. I guess we'll see.

Thanks so much for the input, mamas!

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#7 of 7 Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM

I got 5 BFN's with my 3rd son. I went for a blood test and got a BFP-I was 6 weeks at that point.

Best wishes to you. Here's hoping for BFP for you as well!

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page