March Mamas #3 -- September - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-10-2003, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mum2sarah, don't worry about it being a scam. I thought it sounded like a great new technology, it didn't even occur to me that someone would try to take advantage of people like that.

Bathrobe Goddess, you hit the nail on the head as far as why I am ambivalent about the U/S. I'm going to talk more to my midwives about what can be detected by the scan, I take it Spina Bifida is one of those things. I knew that holes in the heart could be detected, and also kidney defects of some kinds. I don't know, I guess it's a trade off. You might get some valuble information that saves your babies life, or you might inflict some unknown damages. Why am I more afraid of the unknown? Why aren't there more studies that show what the effects of U/S are on babies? There's certainly enough data out there!

dancinggirl, there was a really great video our Bradley Class instructor showed us during our class about circumcision. Before the video 4 of 10 dads were considering circumcision, after the video all decided against it. It was pretty graphic, but it was effective. Good luck with that debate! I know there are some good books out there.

Oops, gotta go, toddler on the loose!
Steph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2003, 11:29 AM

After 4 days with no naps, I'm declaring my fatigue gone!!! I know that I may still like them, and today I'll have 4 kids to care for for 4 hours so I may just need some zzzs this afternoon, but it is so nice to feel like I'm not utterly exhausted anymore!!

Pinksunfish, no problem on the lingo I just love to know where people are from! And like I said, I can get it all, plus I've learned many of the British baby words by being online with Brits... Let us know how your u/s goes!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 09-11-2003, 01:03 PM

My heart goes out to you, Lyndsey.

i had 10 braxton hicks in a row last night. it woke me up. i've been getting them here and there, but not like that. i still feel the baby fluttering so that's good. i'm right at the end of the first tri.

Good sleeping comfort tip!!! Roll up a hand towel (or a cloth diaper)and tuck it between your breasts when you sleep on your side. doesn't sound like much, but when you do it you will instantly sigh because it feels so good! A message therapist told me that when prego with first baby and that was probably the best comfort tip i've ever gotten from anybody! And when you get farther along and tummy protrudes, tuck a towel (wedge it) under your belly while sleeping on your side. thats nice too.

Thanks for the kegel reminder, Sahara. Being on the computer is always a great time to due them.

Pinksunfish, i ovulate out the norm too. My cycle is short and menstual is only a day or two. So i'm due 8 days sooner than what the OB thinks. Oh well, at least he won't pressure me as soon for an induction (they really start pressuring in this state to induce at 37 weeks). I'm going to a midwife (OB is backup) and her due date for me is closer to mine.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:03 PM

Kirstie- I'll have to try the towel betweem the boobs trick! LOL

I didnt get any sleep last nite, my 19 month old was up all night barfing and with diarrhea.

I had my 15 week prenatal. heard the heartbeat.
i will have an ultrasound oct 9th, to check the babys organs, etc due to my baby who died due to a birth defect. i cant wait to find out the sex! although i think it is another girl.

havent been around much, busy, sick kids, etc,
Old 09-11-2003, 06:02 PM

Hey there March mama's! I had no idea there were so many of us out there. I haven't checked since my "I'm pregnant" post. I've been - like many of you - too ill to do more than what is absoulutely necessiary. I'm due around the 24th of March '04.
Now that my 'morning sickness' is over - My body has begun a new routine of migraine headaches - blah! I talked to my midwife who is also a homeopath and she said that once we work out the pain relif we should work on my liver - it may be over taxed. Which is common during pregnancy.
Anyway - I'm looking foward to being a part of this thread - and having so many partners in crime.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:46 PM

THis is my first visit and post to this site and thread. I have been a Mothering subscriber for over 3 years. Not sure how much info I should share right now. . . but i've been lurking on the March 2004 due date calendar at the babycenter website, and am totally disappointed with it! Soooo many women are soooo uneducated about pregnancy and birth. I haven't gotten many responses to my posts over there.

Anyway, my daughter (sorry if i don't have all the abbreviations and smilies down yet!) is nearly 3, son is going on 16 months. Both were caught by a CNM in a very laid back hospital setting. I am due March 21. This time, we're having the baby at home! A midwife (CM in Michigan) will attend the birth, as will our CNM, although not as our care provider. I am so excited.

I look forward to making some friends, having some thoughtful discussions, and learning lots!

namaste.gif

Old 09-11-2003, 10:14 PM

Hi, Colleen! Yes, you are certainly in the right place. I hung out at Babycenter a bit during my first pregnancy and made the mistake of mentioning homebirth once. It was a like flury of attacks and questions and "Gosh, you're brave considering all the risks" ETC ETC ETC. Made me crazy. I only stood it for a couple of weeks. Yuck.

So, you're in Clarkston. My father lived in Clarkston for a while. Mmmm, Rudy's pizza was a good friend of my belly. (ooh, although I'm still a bit morning sick & don't want to think about pizza so much) I live in Ann Arbor. So, we're actually in driving distance. There's another woman here from Plymouth (is it Plymouth? I'm forgetting). Maybe we should have a MI powwow and share our bellies with each other!

embalene -- nice to see you around again. Glad you're over the sickness. Send some feeling good vibes my way, ok? Pleeeeease?

mum2sarah -- that's crazy that it's a scam! I hope you can stop payment/shipment. Sorry you had to go through this! Yuck!

Jster -- so glad you're nap free and proud to be! That's awesome!

It's so cool that so many of you are feeling movement. I lie in bed at night & try to get my little one to move. I still haven't felt anything but my pulse.

I'm looking forward to feeling good. My uterus really seems to be growing. I can actually feel it. It's wide like almost out to my illiac (sp?) crests and I can feel it about a finger width or two above my belly button. I have a MW appnt next week I'm eager to see where she can feel it. I'm wondering if that really was my uterus.

I'm feeling queasy and disgruntled at the moment. I find myself wondering just how far along I am and am getting annoyed. I think it has more to do with feeling yucky than really needing to know though!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:25 PM

Here's a belly shot of my DH took. It's really poor quality, but you get the idea of what I look like. (Also, I should note, I may not really be a March mama, so don't feel like you're too little if you see my belly. I don't think it's huge or anything, just a nice little bump)

http://homepage.mac.com/jakces/iblog...039/index.html

I forgot who posted that they would do a belly shot page for us. That would be fun! I keep looking for your post though to e-mail this one to you & I can't find it.

Hope you're all doing well! Ahhhh, weekend. I'm relaxing! Ahhhh.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:48 PM

Hey Claire,
I am about 15 weeks and a few days and my belly is just as big, if not bigger... I was no where near this big w/ ds at this point in pg!
My guess would also be that you are carrying a boy. Just looks like a boy belly to me. How wonderful! Now, my belly looks rather girlish, but who knows until they arrive!
I'll try to get a belly shot posted in the next few days and you can all tell me what ya think
Old 09-12-2003, 04:11 PM

OK, I'm 12 weeks and just about in prego pants. Just barely and I mean barely, fitting into regular clothes. I feel like a whale.

My nausea is getting much better and frankly all I want to do is eat.

What is everyone craving???

my list:

California sushi roll
Thai food and more Thai food
Vietnamese Pho
Fried eggs with cheese

almost forgot: WHITE PEACHES
Old 09-12-2003, 05:38 PM

Glad to hear that most people are starting to feel better. My boobs have stopped hurting (yay!) and the nausea is starting to go. I can now open the fridge without feeling like I am going to puke.

I had my Nuchal Translucency u/s scan today. WOW!!! I can't believe how much the baby has grown in just a week. We could see the two halves of the brain, the spine, the fingers, toes and eveything. What was especially cute was that the baby was sucking its thumb, we could see the jaw bones working as well. It had the hiccups too which was fun.

The point of having the scan though was to get a risk assesment for Down's syndrome. As I am 30 my initial probability was 1:600 but after the scan and blood test it dropped to 1:1600. This gives me the same risk as a 15 year old girl! Very nice to be told that when you are 30 .

So we are very happy and feel we can relax a bit about the pregnancy.

I am not showing at all yet and still fit all my clothes especially as I have lost about 7 pounds during this trimester with the nausea. Not too worried about the weight loss as I am not exactly a skelf . I am really looking forward to the big pregnant belly although we'll see how I feel about that at the end of March .

to everyone and a big welcome to Colleen.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 34 but we won't be doing any testing other than the U/S at 20 weeks. I know the feelings of some about u/s, and I could live without it, but dh really wants it. It's really his only way to feel attached to the baby before it's born. Feeling movement creeps him out. He likes the first few kicks that just feel like bumps, but as it gets bigger and those elbows and knees get going he stops feeling anymore. I think it's sort of a funny quirk of his.

I'm 14 weeks today and I'm having more good days than bad days. That's a plus. The fatigue is still what gets me at times. Since my 5 y/o started kindergarten it's been tough to lay down during the day. I have to leave to pick him up at 2:30 and it really breaks up the day. If I can lay down my 1:00 it's good, but anything later than that I it's tough to get up and get him. I have to be up by 2:00 to get snacks ready and wake my almost 3 y/o up from up from nap (not a good waker upper: ).

The weather finally cooled off a bit today and I was able to wear a pair of pants that actually fit me -- woo hoo!!! It feels good.

Sparklin, you've got me beat tummy wise, and this is my third. I'll be where you are in about a month, so my guess is that you are due in February. I'm holding steady with where I was with my first as far as weight and girth goes. I was a bit smaller with my second at first, but I started 10 pounds lighter with him. It doesn't sound like much but at 5'2", the difference between 105 and 115 is big.

I finally put on some weight last week, about 3 pounds (have I said this already?) Sunday morning I woke up and suddenly had put on some girth. Funny the difference a day makes. I'm still not eating a lot so the difference between morning and night is big in my stomach.

No movement here yet. I'm not expecting any for a couple of weeks. I have too much intestinal rumbling to feel any for a while. I'm also way too busy to feel for it.

I hope everyone is well and has a great weekend.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:24 PM

Okay here is my belly shot:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid2763316

I do think Claire is a bit bigger... perhaps she is going to have a February baby... we'll see!

Pumpkinseed~ no big cravings here. I had plenty of aversions and cravings in the 1st trimester, but I don't have any major cravings now. I am really turned off by meat though. I'm normally not a big meat eater. Prepreg I would have chx a couple times a month, and fish maybe once a week. I occassionally had turkey, but never ate beef or pork, or venison, etc.
Sushi rolls sound fantastic though. I am a major sushi lover, as well as Thai food!

I have been feeling the baby moving. I just love that feeling. At least at this point, before the baby is kneeing me in the ribs!

I'm not doing any testing either, except for a 20 week u/s.
I'm not weighing myself either. Keepin' it all as simple as possible.

I had really wanted to do a homebirth, but I have a roommate now and she has a child, and I don't feel it's appropriate to ask them to leave... besides they have no where to go... so I am having the baby at a local hospital, but still will be having a waterbirth and using midwives for all my care and delivery.

Anyone else got belly shots??
Old 09-12-2003, 08:36 PM

Nice bump bebe luna ! Thanks for sharing your picture.

Just to clarify:

Quote:
This gives me the same risk as a 15 year old girl! Very nice to be told that when you are 30 .
What I meant when I said that, is it is nice to be compared in anyway to a 15 year old girl now I am 30 and have to admit I am grown up at last .

It was very reassuring to have the risk assesment come out so well although even had the news not been so good we would have kept and loved the baby.

I didn't mean to imply that all older Mums should have u/s. I understand and support the wishes of those who choose not to have them done but it was the right choice for us, especially I think since it is our first baby.

Hope I didn't cause offence!
Old 09-12-2003, 09:26 PM

I forgot to post my weight stats -- I held my weight until a couple weeks after I found out I was pregnant and now I've lost a total of 8 pounds. I'm hoping I get back up to my prepregnancy weight soon. I lost weight with my DS, too. So, I'm not overly concerned. It's just I have a lot less to lose this time.

Pinksunfish -- I got where you were coming from. Don't sweat it. Heck, we're all pregnant here and not always saying things just how we want. In fact, on Tuesday I told one of my students to have a great weekend. It was Tuesday. Tuesday!

Babyluna -- You have such a cute tummy!

Jish -- I have to say it makes me a little nervous to think that you both (babyluna, too) think I'm due in Feb. It makes me nervous because I haven't felt movement at all. My morning sickness lasting through 1/2 of the pregnancy is quite possible. But, not feeling movement. That's scary. I should be if I was due in Feb, shouldn't I? I trust everything will work out for the highest good. I have faith. I'm just concerned is all. Move baby. Move!

Jish -- Also, I hope you can fit those naps in! Glad you're wearing cool pants!

Pumkinseed -- I still can't read your list of food, but it's fun to hear that you're in pregnancy clothes. They're so fun! And, I'm sure you don't look like a whale!

Old 09-12-2003, 09:44 PM

First, just want to say it has been so great reading these boards.

I am still feeling pretty tired. My dd wakes most every night to go potty and climb in bed with us. Then I pee, and lots of times can't fall back asleep for what seems like an eternity. I have lots of help from DH, so it could be much worse. Both kids still nap, and i try to lie down at least for a 1/2 hour or so. The house is trashed!!

Luckily, I didn't suffer from much nausea this summer, just a few bouts--always seemed to help if i ate. My appetite is quite large (was both times before). I've gained 5 lbs. I work out quite a bit, and keep track of my weight there. MW does not weigh me. I've had one appointment and did hear the hb with the doppler.

No food aversions, not really any cravings. I'm glad my belly is finally starting to pop out--I love the belly part. I'm still wearing most of my clothes, although they fit much better in the a.m. hours! I'll be 13 weeks on sunday. No hint of movement yet.

I will not be doing any prenatal testing either, except the 20 w u/s. We have decided to find out the sex of the baby this time--we did not either time before, and we have "one of each" now, and just thought it would be fun to know this time.

Thanks for the welcomes!

namaste.gif

Old 09-13-2003, 02:48 PM

I wish I had a place to post a belly shot, everyone I know tells me I don't look pregnant, and they get really concerned that I am so small at this point. I was much bigger with DS. But, I've heard the baby's heartbeat, I can feel my uterus is getting bigger, especially when DS is nursing cause it's rock hard, and I'm starting to feel those little 'fishy squiggles' frequently now. People always seem to know just what to say to make a pregnant mama worry.
I've decided to go with the one U/S at 20 weeks. DH still feels like it is a valuble diagnostic tool, and though the midwives will support us either way, they are comfortable with having the scan, they would just prefer it to be very short and the only one we do. They use a technician who video tapes the scan, so that he can go quickly and then replay the tape for us and tell us what we are seeing. It's the same way we did it last time.

Welcome Colleen and welcome back embalene! Colleen, I started out on the babycenter boards with my first pregnancy, and it all just kind of fell apart for me because I didn't have much in common with the mama's there. I wish I'd known about this board then, but I didn't find it until right after DS was born.

I've just been craving fruit, mango, papaya, strawberries and plums. And pasta.

Hey, PinkSunfish, I don't think you offended anyone, lots of mama's here are having a U/S. I'm surprised they considered you that much higher risk at 30, I thought the usual age was 35. Ah well, at least you can put your mind at ease now.

Well, I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!
Take care,
Steph
Old 09-13-2003, 04:13 PM

I love the belly shots guys!

I too am in maternity clothes right now, but my belly isn't showing all that much yet. It just feels like a lot of pressure there wearing ordinary clothes.

I am still bleeding every day, both fresh and old blood throughout the day.

As much as I wanted low intervention including minimal or no ultrasounds it doesn't seem like this pregnancy will go that way.

I had an u/s the other day and we did discover the problem. Part of the placenta has broken away and is hemmoraging. It may or may not be a huge problem, but is more worrying because of the fresh blood.

On the reassuring side, many women with this condition go on to deliver their healthy baby and also the baby is doing so well, growing apace and waving it's arms about in there, nice strong heartbeat. So, I am cautiously optimistic and regardless, just need to get on with things instead of this constant worry. Of course I have to take it easy, but I just meant in a psychological way. I am just starting to feel less nauseous and tired and should be enjoying this pregnancy, picking names etc and I am too scared to do any of those things. I didn't realize last time how much of a wonderful luxury a healthy, relatively stress-free pregnancy is. I want to enjoy it really, but I can't get past the worry right now.

Sigh, sorry to be such a downer. It's one of those time will tell things.

Pumpkin seed, I am craving

PEARS - they are just gorgeous right now

Lots of cereal with dried fruit

Cheese sandwiches - way too many of these

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:46 PM

Oceanone,
i could have written your post. i too am stuck in the bleeding zone. i would so love to enjoy this pregnancy but i can't- i am on pelvic rest due to the bleeding and i feel quite a bit of pressure when i am on my feet for long. w/my dd i was working and not connected to the reality of the baby to come- now, i know the enormous pleasures of it all and i feel i could really relish it now as i didn't before. alas, i too didn't realize that a healthy pregnancy is such a luxury. being on bedrest at 3 months is pretty awful... sorry to be so dismal- oceanone, if you want to complain to someone please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]-
regards, all
Old 09-13-2003, 06:30 PM

(((((((Oceanone & Gina))))))) I'm sending you both healing vibes and keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. I hope this trial passes quickly for both of you. May the rest of your pregnancy be peaceful and uneventful. I can picture you both holding healthy beautiful babies this coming March. Let it be so!

Old 09-13-2003, 09:30 PM

oceanone and gina,
ditto sparklin's note. . . and thank you for reminding me how lucky i am!

namaste.gif

Old 09-14-2003, 09:02 AM

I can't put it any better than Sparklin but Oceanone and Gina, you are both in my thoughts and I hope that things get better for you soon.

lots of and
Old 09-14-2003, 10:01 AM

((((((((((((((Oceanone and Gina)))))))))))))) feel better soon

Well, I have had an interesting few days. I had a GI virus and got dehydrated to the point that my MW told me to go into L&D Triage. So we went but since I am less than 16 weeks pg (barely!!) I had to go to the ER. I waited for 3 hours then I was finally put in a room and given some IV fliuds, labs checked, baby checked. I am feeling a bit better now. I am just glad the baby is fine and there are no other problems.

This pg has been so much harder than the last 2, I hope that's not a sign.

I am going to put a belly shot in. I am HUGE for being due March 5.

Rachel
Old 09-14-2003, 11:00 AM

Oceanone and Gina, I too hope that all goes well with you and that your bleeding stops quickly! It's wonderful that your babies are doing so well and that they are obviously thriving despite the problems with bleeding, though, so hopefully all will be well. And Oceanone, I'm sure it is great to know what is actually happening. I think we all try to be as low tech as possible here, as much as our comfort levels and our needs allow...so if I were in your shoes I'd be doing the exact same thing with the ultrasounds!! Take care of yourself!

2girlsmom, what a scare! Glad that everything looks good, though...and if this is your third pregnancy, and you've got two munchkins to chase around, it's bound to be hard on you. Take it easy! Can't wait to see a belly shot!

Sparklin, here's my theory on that great big belly o' yours...since you haven't felt movement yet, and the preg. test didn't come back positive till July, I think you will be due in March with twins or one big baby. Are there any other reasons you would be measuring ahead?? But I'm definitely leaning towards the twins...not that it might help your sanity much!!!! Time will tell, I guess!!

Bebeluna, nice belly for you, too!! And it sounds like your birthplan is exactly what you need...which is what it should be. How are things going with the roommate and job? Does Talin like to play with the little girl, and do you enjoy the company of the mother? Hope all is well!

Steph, sounds like the right decision about u/s! And I was on a different but non-ap message board my first pregnancy and it did grate on me at times. Glad to have found this place as well!

yogamamaof2+1, "the house is trashed" Ah, and isn't it so funny that no matter how messy it is the kids never mind?? Hopefully baby will cooperate and you'll get to bond with your boy or girl as a boy or girl in utero...

I don't really feel like I look as pregnant as you ladies do, but when I wear more belly emphasizing clothes I do look about 3 months pregnant, so that's right I guess. I went through my maternity clothes and boy, how pathetic!! I somehow made it through my last pregnancy with about 7 shirts (from two seasons) and 3 pairs of pants in each of two sizes, plus one pair of overalls. Probably won't buy any more clothes, but maybe I'll sew myself some shirts for fun My uterus has just gotton so big lately, by my estimate it's now at about 16/17 weeks, but I have an appt. with my back up doctor on Tues so we'll see what he says. I have also been feeling definite movement, yea!! I spend my sleepless time feeling my belly, and this morning one of my cats came a purring and lay down right on my uterus, which the new baby seemed to enjoy. The cats both did that a lot with Peri, too, and sometimes when she was big enough to kick back they'd get startled, but it was like they couldn't stay away from my belly.

Sigh, anyone have second thoughts about paying out of pocket for a homebirth?? I know that I'll relish the experience, and that I definitely do not like the hospital that my HMO uses, but at the same time we could use that money for so many other things!! I've been working 30 hours a week doing childcare, and still I only get about $200 a week from it...not quite enough to pay my share. And DH has his grad school preliminary exam coming up in January, so he's working a bit less this semester. Maybe he'll work more next semester or next summer, but sometimes I feel he's just an underachiever and would rather take out student loans than work (we've already got tons, all from him, and I just dread having to pay them back). But he never spends money, and I do spend some on my hobbies, so who knows?? Sometimes I feel like if there were only an easier way...And I know that if I could somehow drop the insurance through his work I'd qualify for the state pregnant women's health care and they would pay for a homebirth with my midwife!! It's so frustrating that our country is so goofed up on it's care. And since I've been reading all these pregnancy/birth books for my doula classes the ironies hit home, sigh...
Old 09-14-2003, 01:50 PM

Okay email address for belly shots:

[email protected]

this will only be for belly shot pictures and I will post them online once a week (prolly on Thursdays). I will then post the link on the March due mammas thread.

This will be so darn fun!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 09-14-2003, 07:42 PM

Hi Ladies,
Just checking in. I am glad to see that some are feeling better; I have all of you experiencing problems in my thoughts. And great belly shots! Mine is sticking out now (MW says uterus is tipped really forward), but its just pushing out the little "pooch" of fluff that was still left (I had lost a ton of weight before getting pg).
I feel like I am having a relapse of ms. The past two days I just want to sleep, have that nasty metallic taste in my mouth like in the beginning. And I had really started to feel great. Hopefully it won't last. Then I began to wonder if I had managed to get pregnant again! I actually knew a woman that had that happen. She was pg with her husband but didn't realize it, left him and had a fling with a stranger and apparantly got pg by him too. She said she was mighty surprised when she delivered twins, the girl was a fair redhead like her and exdh, the boy (a few weeks younger) was a dusky brunette like her fling. Can you imagine!
I spent the past week reading up on homebirth, particularily UC. Boy, I am smitten with the idea now. Good thing since the birth center plans are a scrub now. I am actually really looking forward to the birth now, as opposed to the mild trepidation I felt before. I was really worried that somehow I would get transferred for a c/s again and there is just NO WAY I am going to let that happen (unless a true dire emergency of course). And since I would have had to be in the hospital anyway, that is just too close to a surgeon for my comfort, progressive hospital or not. As you said in another thread to me Sparklin, maybe the birth center closing IS a blessing in disguise (for me at least, I still think it a valuable resource that shouldn't be lost in the community). I never would have looked into UC seriousely if my original plans had not gone amok.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:40 PM

hi march mamas,
thanks all for the kind words of support- it surprises me how comforted i am when someone notices and says "hello in there"-
i have a question: is anyone experiencing pubic pain- don't know how else to describe it- an aching in the pubic bone area?- due to my bleeding and paranoia i don't know how to guage normal preg. symptoms- i was so busy when preg. w/my dd i didn't even notice a lot- anyone feeling this odd ache?
Old 09-15-2003, 04:06 PM

Yeeeeessss! I am. And I think it's exactly what you are talking about--deep in the crotch (sorry but that word explains it best) and it definitely feels like a bone thing. For me, this is exacerbated by walking/jogging and other exercises where there is a constant back and forth leg movement. I had this with my second pregnancy, but it started much later. This time it started almost immediately. My thought is that it's the softening hormones already at work.

namaste.gif

Old 09-15-2003, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

I had that crotch pain with my second child. I was amazed at how early it started. It felt at times like my pubic bone was going to split in half. I haven't had it with this one, so I don't know what's up. Maybe it's because there is more time between this pregnancy and my last as there was between the first two.

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I'm still tired a lot, but I can live with it. Since school has started I don't really get a chance to nap often, scheduling conflict with pickup..:

I'm 14 1/2 wks and I haven't felt anything close to movement, though I have to be honest and say that I'm not paying attention. I'll likely feel movement around 16 or 17 weeks for sure, before that I waver between "was it or wasn't it" so I just wait till it catches me by surprise.

My dh loves my little tummy. He thinks that I'm very sexy and beautiful when I'm pregnant. It's pretty sweet to have someone think you're beautiful when you're feeling fat.

I've been so crabby lately. I've had this headache that I can't quite get rid of. It's behind my left eye and it's driving me nuts. I've resorted to Tylenol as it's the only thing that makes it tolerable. It will finally go almost totally away, but it's still there just enough to let me know it will be back. I hate the headache month of pregnancy.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:11 PM

gina, I'm joining your club for achy crotches I have been overwhelmed with how many different sensations I've felt this time around. My midwife says it's not unusual for 2nd and 3rd time pregnancies to make you feel more physical sensations/aches/pains than the first, which is just the opposite of how I thought it should be. And I feel really uncomfortable with a seatbelt on right now, too. I think it's because 'niblet' is just above my pubic bone and gets squished by the belt.

I got a cold Friday, and after 2 days of ineffective homeopathics I finally broke down today and tried some of that Afrin decongestant spray. Dr. Sear's recommends it in the pregnancy book as the safest treatment for congestion/sinus infection. Since I'm way too prone to sinus infections, I thought I'd give it a try. The stuff is HORRIBLE. Maybe it's because I'm not used to medication like that, but it totally burned my nasal passages for 2 hours and made it feel like I had swabbed my sinuses with wasabi. And it tasted nasty, too. Next time I think I'll go straight for the wasabi!

artemesia,
do you recommend any books about UC? I am happy with my midwives, but they are pretty far away (1 1/2 hours), and I feel I need to know more this time around in case the baby is ready to come before they arrive.

Bathrobe Goddess: You Rock!!!! I am so exicted, I'm going to go get the camera right now!

Take care everyone,
Steph

User Tag List