March Mamas #3 -- September - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oceanone, I am so glad that the bleeding has stopped. Sending you lots of positive vibes and hope all continues well. Thanks for checking in with us.

Miss Piggy: you are very welcome, I am also a first timer and it is very helpful having ladies on hand who have been though it all before. We have midwife-led hospital care here in the UK as well, we are very lucky I think.

Now the nausea is nearly all gone I am enjoying pregnancy much more. Not showing yet, my Mum asks everytime I speak to her . My belly is very hard but I am still in my normal clothes. I cna't wait until I am showing.

I am also feeling a bit of clothing limbo partly becuase I have to undo my jeans everytime I eat but also because it is getting colder here and I will need some jumpers soon. I should manage to hold out until I can get some maternity stuff though. I also have a feeling of "typical" because there are some gorgeous clothes in for Autumn, all the kind of stuff I really like and I can't treat myself to any of it. Still I think that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages there .

I have also been teaching myself to knit, which has floored all my family as I haven't picked up a pair of needles for 20 years!. I am very proud of myself as I have made a hat for the baby. It is very cute if I do say so myself.

My UTI seems to be clearing up too which I am very happy about .

to everyone
#152 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 01:01 PM

PinkSunfish, thanks for the welcome. I agree that it's really great to be able to read the wisdom of mothers who have already experienced all of this!

I feel your pain with the clothing issue, although (probably because of all the poutine), I have not been able to fit my pre-pregnancy clothes for a few weeks now. However, I am a long ways off from the maternity yet. I have bought a few pairs of pants that are a few sizes too big and are really stretchy, and I am hoping they will take me until I can wear maternity clothing without looking like I am wearing a potato sac And, it's extremely frustrating, because I also am really liking the new fall colours and fashions a lot, but there's just no point....... (I really wanted to use that smiley....) It is kind of fun growing though. It's exciting when people start to say you look pregnant!

Hey, I am new to this whole forum thing. How do I add in a signature like everyone else? ... I am feeling left out...
#153 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 01:15 PM

If you click on the user cp box at the top of the page it will take you to your user profile. You then click on the edit profile box where you can add a signature if you like.
#154 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 01:16 PM

No worries ... I figured it out!
#155 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 01:39 PM

Two new belly pics!!!

Come check them out:

www.picturetrail.com/marchmammas

email me your and I will put it up:

marchmammas@yahoo.com

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
#156 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 02:40 PM

Oceanone, you must be so relieved, I'm happy for you.
Welcome Miss Piggy! Lucky you, I wish I had known about this place for my first preg.
We went apple picking yesterday, so I am pigging out on nice fresh apples (eating my second one today as I type all sticky fingered). I was the perfect Autumn day, sunny and warm with a brisk breeze. We picked a bushell of apples, got a gallon of cider and ate fresh donuts at the orchard barn, oh heaven! I felt so rich and happy, especially since we had litterally been counting out pennies from the penny jug to buy gas and food for the past few weeks (FIL just sent us a check on Fri., emergency loan since Dh's financial aid is still not in!)
I have been having really intense Braxton Hicks everytime I go walking, it feels so heavy like a little cannon ball in my abdoman. Really strange feeling, I don't remember this happening with Dd.
#157 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 03:23 PM

Wow, everyone is chatty today!
Artemesia--sounds like a great day. We had dd's b-day party yesterday, and i had a similar good, rich feeling all day. Also a perfect autumn day here. I felt a lot more of everything with ds than i did with dd (braxton hicks, fetal movement) and my midwife suggested that maybe i was just more "in tune" with it. I am still waiting to feel movement this time, although i am noticing some BH.

Sparklin-I know what you mean about wanting to avoid the sudafed, preg or no. I am the same way. I have been able to avoid it, but it sure can help when it's really bad. I loved your list, btw (yours too, dancing girl).

Welcome, misspiggy--I also wish i had known about this site for my first preg.

oceanone and gina- good news! hurrah!!

boobiemama--I remember that feeling toward the end of my bf'ing experiences. I never did tandem, but i'm sure it's worth it if you stick it out. i love the name, btw!

thanks for posting the pics, too. I am still planning to put one up soon.

Well, the family is awake from naps and wanting to play with all the new b-day stuff from yesterday.

enjoy your Sunday. . .

namaste.gif

#158 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 03:59 PM

Hello everyone
I am so enjoying this fall weather! Artemesia, I also went to the apple orchard recently. it is always so lovely! I love fresh apples... and carmel apples

Welcome aboard Miss Piggy.

Oceanone~ glad to hear you are no longer bleeding!!

Dancinggirl & PumpkinSeed~ Thanks for sharing your pretty belly pics w/ us!!

I went to a baby shower last night for a friend of mine. She is due mid December. Another friend of ours was there who is due in mid November. It was kind of funny. It has been a while since I have been to a shower. All the corny games. She got all these gifts that I would be horrified to recieve~ disposable diapers, pacifiers, bottles, etc. But, we are pretty different when it comes to lifestyle choices. This is her first baby. She is single. I got her the Baby Book by Dr. Sears. Maybe a little alternative reading will give her some ideas for better choices.

I have been so itchy every night as I try to fall asleep. Mostly my legs. I had this w/ ds as well. itch scratch itch

I have been feeling the baby move more and more. Still very very lightly though.
I have also been headache free for a few days now. It is such a relief!

Hey Jish~ how about trying the neti pot for sinus relief??? It really is a wonderful remedy!

No BH here. I had some a few weeks ago, but none since. Just peeing a lot, and occassional round ligament pain... my energy is still good, I am sleeping beautifully, and am officially in mostly exclusive maternity wear. Very little of my non-pregnant clothing fits anymore. The belly is just undeniable at this point.
#159 of 173 Old 09-28-2003, 11:41 PM

Welcome Miss Piggy. Congrats on your first little one

Beautiful bellies everyone! Mine is a little behind those, but I"m due end of March. I still just feel lumpy. You all look pregnant!!

I too am having the hard uterus feeling like after orgasm and sometimes during exercise. I remember this w/ds, and I think it st arts earlier w/subsequent preg's at least in my experience. I enjoy the feeling though, it's comforting to me as I've not heard the hearbeat, etc. I feel like someone's really in there!

Happy week everyone.
#160 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 01:52 AM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say thanks to all for the great welcome!

The belly pictures are a really great idea! It's nice to see how everyone else is doing at around the same time period.

I had a really weird thing happen to me today - curious if anyone else has experienced it. I could only find a small entry in one of my books on it. I had belly button pain. Out of nowhere - it felt like a really bad bruise or something. It still hurts a little bit. I took out my belly ring that I had previously had in, and it made it feel a little better - but, what a bizarre feeling. I had never heard of that before.
#161 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 02:06 AM

My goodness! This thread gets a lot of action. Welcome new members!!

Just popped in to say

I am craving some green beans!
#162 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 08:59 AM

i hear ya about the greenbeans! simmered on the stove for hours and/or greenbean casserole! mmmm
#163 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 01:55 PM

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted. I am feeling much better after have that gastrointestinal bug that landed me in the ER with dehydration. Anyways...

Big welcome and congratulations to MissPiggy!

I am getting pretty plump. I think I am gaining more this time than with the other 2. I am definitely more active because I keep myself pretty busy with the girls but I know I am not eating as well as I should. I am sleeping much better now. I love the 2nd trimester!!!

Not feeling movement yet, though. I felt it around 16 weeks with the other pgs but I am about 18 weeks and haven't felt any fluttering yet.

Having some MAJOR cravings for HOT and spicy food (emphasis on the HOT). I am putting hot sauce on just about everything. Yesterday I had stir fried green beans with chili peppers. YUM
#164 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 02:29 PM

I'm still around, juts going crazy in my house. The bathroom didn't get done while I was out of town and it's kinda nutty how out of sorts my home feels with just the bathroom in shambles. I don't want to be here, it makes cooking seem like a nightmare.

Went to dinner with dh, dd, mil, fil, and dh's g'ma last night. I wake up from a nap to dh saying, "we have to go NOW!" he hadn't realized the time and woke me up at the moment we were supposed to be there, then expected me to run around getting dd ready (woke her up at the same time). I was a little out of it and annoyed. Then dinner with those people. My ILs make me absolutely nuts. My SIL just had her 2nd baby in Aug, and 4 days after he was born they were asking if he was on a schedule yet. As if a) that was possible and b) either of us gave a crap about that kind of stuff and c) she had her first born on any kind of schedule. We deal with this stuff all the time from them. My SIL is my best friend too, and we both get mad at them when they do something annoying to either one of us. His G'ma asked me all the time with dd if I was getting ultrasounds (calls them pictures) and if I was sure everything was alright the entire pregnancy. I told her we didn't want to and saw no reason to unless we found something that told us to do one, we'd avoid it. She freaked out the whole pregnancy. This time, she asked about "pictures" and I was able to tell her we had one and everything is fine. But, as I said to dh later, I find it odd that something so vague can be so reassuring to her. Like an ultrasound at 15 weeks checking for age is a guarentee that my babe won't have 11 toes or something. Then I stood up and she said, "Well, I don't see any difference." and I said, "I'm not far along, but I can't wear my regular pants, so somethings growing there." I'm pregnant almost exactly the same timing as I was with dd, her bday is March 3, my due date is March 12. Last time is was past Thanksgiving before I showed noticabely.

It is so cold here. I'm trying to keep warm in my freezing house where we can't turn on the heat because we have disconnected radiators until the bathroom is totally done and there is no shower curtain and the window in teh bathroom is slightly open all the time and there isn't any trim on it yet anyway, so the walls are DRAFTY! So when I shower, I shiver the whole time and try to avoid being seen by my next door neighbor's reroofing crew!

R~mama to 3

#165 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 05:06 PM

My goodness! So many posts I don't know where to start!

Oceanone! So glad to hear the worrisome bleeding has stopped. Those stinkin' ultrasounds. I had one with my first baby at about 20-21 weeks, and it showed a marginal placenta previa. Midwives said if I wanted another one later to see if it had moved that would be fine, but since a pp causes abnormal bleeding late in pregnancy, it wasn't necessary. I didn't do the second one, and everything went fine. I know your situation is more complicated, but even if it still looks marginal at 24 weeks it has plenty of time to move up.

Miss Piggy, Welcome! And I LOVE your user name! It's funny that you can't find anyone to tell you the sex of your baby at the u/s, here people tend to think you're unusual if you don't find out the sex!

I have been thinking about getting the tandem nursing book, Sparklin', glad to know it's a good one. I don't know if there's a difference in price, but I think you can get it at the La Leche website, too.
Boobiemama, I have been going back and forth with the nursing/weaning. I was really getting tired of it last week, but he's slowed down to once every other day, so it isn't too intense. Then yesterday he wanted to nurse for naptime and bedtime. I was lying with him in the bed nursing him to sleep and the baby started kicking. It was so magical, I had one of those 'mother nature mama moments' where I knew it was all meant to be. You know, look what all my body can do at one time! DS is 2 1/2, a little older than yours.

PinkSunfish, did you take antibiotics for your UTI? I have a prescription for them, but I'm trying the cranberry route first. What was successful for you?

gina,
It sounds like you are making the best choices for your situation. Those tests are perfect for mama's who really need to be able to take advantage of the technology. I think that's what it's all about, finding the balance that works for you.

I'm jealous of all of you experiencing fall and picking apples. It was muggy and 90 degrees yesterday! I miss the seasons. Florida's seasons just kind of melt into one another, although I have to admit the winter's here make you feel a little spoiled. We put Christmas lights on palm trees! We are headed north to visit my family in a few weeks, we will get our fix of cold weather, orange leaves and apples then I hope!

Everyone take care!
Steph
#166 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 08:12 PM

Thank you everyone for posting I love to have a little read every once in awhile.

The pregnancy is much better now that the m/s is gone and I can feel little movements. We have an U/S next week this time we will find out the sex. I am excited to have a little peek.

It is strange how I suddenly feel more normal. It weird's me out when I wake up with energy again. I like it!!!

Hope everyone's doing well and treating themselves like a queen as this only happens a few times in your life. I keep reminding myself this

take care morag
#167 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamamorag

Hope everyone's doing well and treating themselves like a queen as this only happens a few times in your life. I keep reminding myself this
Ah, that is such a nice thought. I totally second it. I was just thinking -- this is truly the 2nd trimester. This is probably as grand and good as our pregnancies are going to get. We're all out of our regular pants (trousers, jumpers), feeling thankful to not be morning sick, having more energy, beginning to feel movement and feeling better in general. Sieze the day women! The 2nd trimester rules!!! (Besides, remember the 3rd trimester will most likely make our complaining from Sept, Oct and Nov sound like Paris Hilton complaining about not getting steamed face towels in her private jet's bathroom.)

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#168 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 09:09 PM

I got my ultrasound today. Was not what I had expected I made a new thread if anyone is interested in reading it.

The good new thou is we are having a ........

GIRL

I am a little relieved because I do not have to discuss circumsion with dh. I will read all about them after my dd is born so that way I will be ready and not so hormonal for the next db.
#169 of 173 Old 09-29-2003, 09:23 PM

Wow Dancingirl, I am so sorry that you are dealing with such unexpected results of your u/s. I can only say, stay focused on that 99% that everything is fine, and try not to dwell on that sad 1%, which won't be any good for you or baby (extreemly hard I know!)
#170 of 173 Old 09-30-2003, 08:31 AM

Back from my computer free weekend!! It was a good thing, really, to kind of escape from technology a bit and relax reading my doula books. As soon as I'm done with my internettin' this morning I have to finish my pretest for the training and then in two weeks the workshop will be done!! The weather around here isn't so nice...cold and all weekend it was off and on drizzly, so we didn't get to go apple picking. But maybe next weekend Peri really missed Jon this weekend, she kept asking where dada was, when he was coming home, or pretending that different noises she heard in the house (mostly from our cats) were from him. And every time we came back in the house she yelled out, "Hi Dada!....Dada not home." It was cute but also makes me feel bad for the four days we'll both be pretty much gone next month, when I'll be at the Bradley workshop for very long days and Jon will be in Tennessee for a conference. Hopefully she won't get too sad!

I have an appt. with my midwife today, which I'm really looking forward to. It'll be interesting to see how my uterus measures there, my guesstimate is 19-20 weeks, but I'm only 16 weeks along. And I plan on asking her about exactly what conditions she doesn't deliver, such as breech, etc., so I can be as prepared as possible. I'll also tell her about the Bradley and doula trainings, should be cool and perhaps she can link me up with some births!! Also, starting at 20 weeks of pregnancy I can come to a social she has at her house every Monday night with all her clients, and that should be really fun to meet more homebirthers here. I'll definitely give an update after my appointment!

Oceanone, so glad that the bleeding has stopped and you have a diagnosis that can heal itself...I would also agree that if you have placenta previa it may well resolve itself in the third trimester, your uterus will have so much extra to grow then that there will be plenty of room for the placenta to "move" to. By the way, did you end up weaning? How's your little one handling all the excitement of a new sibling, and does he have any gender predictions? Peri had consistently said I had a boy in my belly until this week, and now she's talking about how she'll have a new sister : It's so fun to share this with her. OH! and we watched some birth videos...the first one she thought was a little scary because the mamas were hurting, but the second one she was really impatient for them to show babies actually coming out...

Gina, glad your bleeding has stopped as well!!

Dancinggirl, Hope that you find some peace with the risk that the ultrasound revealed. Keep in mind, though, that it is overwhelmingly unlikely, at a mere 1% chance...And it's great that you are having a girl and don't have to deal with the circumcision issue!!! Some conflicts are just so much nicer to avoid...

Take care everyone else!!
#171 of 173 Old 09-30-2003, 08:38 AM

Hi Sahara,

I am on my last day of antibiotics for my UTI. I have learned from experience to get the antibiotics as soon as I can. If you can treat with cranberry then that's great, you should do whatever you feel is right for you.

On a personal note, I had a very scary experience the last time I had cystitis. The symptoms started on a Sunday so I couldn't see the GP. It didn't seem too bad at first so I drank lots of cranberry juice, unfortunately by the evening I ended up in casualty (ER) because I was in a lot of pain and was passing blood clots (very scary). Very quickly after starting the medication my symptoms subsided although I had to take the next day off work (I should have taken two).

This time I didn't want to risk that happening again either for myself or the baby so I got the antibiotics ASAP. These ones are safe to take during pregnancy (I double checked with a pharmacist friend).

Re U/S and gender: A lot of hospitals in the UK won't tell you the gender of the baby either. Sometimes because it isn't 100% accurate but mostly because they worry about people selecting babies on the basis of gender. Each hospital has their own policy on this. Finding out the sex is becoming more common here but we want to be surprised.
#172 of 173 Old 09-30-2003, 01:24 PM

Dancinggirl -- What a bummer that your US showed something. I read your other post & I, too, have had friends that found the same type of cysts and had healthy happy babies. But, oh, that worry. I think everything is going to be just fine for you all. Remember, to turn the situation over to your higher power and think positive. A 1% chance is so minimal. It's that 99% chance that is so wonderful. Just imagine, if I told you, you had a 99% chance of sunshine on your wedding day, but only a 1% chance of rain. Would you plan an outdoor wedding? Plan that outdoor wedding, Dancinggirl -- healthy baby here you come!

Jster -- Glad to have you back & glad you enjoyed your weekend in real life! Poor Peri! I bet she's glad you're all back together. That sounds so cool that your MW has social gatherings. Thats awesome! Hope you're having a wonderful appointment with the MW. I wonder if you're right on with your measurements. I thought I was going to be much bigger for my last appointment, but I hadn't changed at all. Hmpf! Oh, well! Hope you're right on!

PinkSunfish -- Glad you're getting over that UTI for good. That just can't be fun at all!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#173 of 173 Old 10-01-2003, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

It's October already and I can tell as my fingers are too cold to type very well.

Here is the link to the new thread.
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=89761

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page