March Mamas #3 -- September - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2003, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you believe it's September already??? As we all move into the second trimester I hope that everyone begins to feel better and we can get some serious posting going again. Too many of us busy napping or barfing to be posting.

Here is the link to thread #2.
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...0&pagenumber=1

When are the March Mamas due???

dancinggirl 03/02
Boobiemama (Angie) 03/03
bebe luna 03/03
Citizenfong 03/05
2girlsmom 03/05
Penguinlady 03/06
Sahara (Steph) 03/06
livelybaby 03/08
Sparklin 03/08 Yea, she finally knows!!!
lemon 03/11
Jish (Beth) 03/12
fiacre 03/12
gina 03/13
jster (Jennifer) 03/14
DandelionCrown 03/14
Mum2sarah 03/14
coloradomom 03/15
willowsmama 03/17
Dnr3301 (Rebecca) 03/20
PumpkinSeed 03/21
Oceanone 03/22
thyme 03/22
kirstie 03/23
BathrobeGoddess 03/25
mamaMAMAma 03/26
PinkSunfish 03/28
indigolilybear 03/28
moom 03/31

Let me know if I've screwed up anywhere. If there is anyone who needs to be added, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 06:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while as we have been on holiday for a week. I haven't had a chance yet to catch up with all the posts on March #2 but I hope everyone is okay.

I am still feeling very nauseous and had my fist bout of actual vomiting whilst eating a (very nice) lunch by the pool. Poor waitress thought she had poisoned me and DH had to explain what was going on. She offered to get me something to settle my stomach (what a sweetie) but I had to go back to our room to change . I usually pride myself on always making it to the bathroom but m/s comes on so suddenly !

I have two separate antenatal appointments this week so I will check in later on and let you know how they went.

Best wishes and to everyone.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:06 PM

Oh no! Thats awful to get sick in public, that was my biggest fear!

I have been busy, and tired, my brother was here for 2 weeks. I was reading just not posting. I feel better, still some bouts of sicky feeling, but mostly better. But now I am having headaches alot, but I think most of it is stress and sleep deprivation. We have druggies upstairs from us who have kept me up for more than the past week. We are breaking our lease and moving because of them though.
We are also buying a house, escrow will close Oct 1, I cant wait, I am so excited! After our move I plan to start getting the baby things we need!

I am 13 1/2 weeks now, glad its over and ready to move on!
Old 09-01-2003, 11:50 PM

Just in case anyone missed it in the last March thread...

I'm Sick!!!!!

I am really just looking for some sympathy since I can't take anything to feel better!

I hope evryone is feeling better than I am

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 09-02-2003, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Eden, my heart goes out to you. I was so sick with my last two, that this one has been a joy. I was on antinausea meds with the first two to keep me out of the hospital since I couldn't even drink. It was gone with the first at 13 weeks but lasted until about 15 with the second. Hopefully it will just be gone one day.

Boobiemama, what an exciting time for you. About the headaches, you might try upping your water intake. Headaches can be due to dehydration, even though you think you're drinking enough. See if that helps. Of course, for me, there is always a period of about three weeks where I get headaches everyday, then they go away. Crazy hormones. I think it's usually around 16-20 weeks so I have a few weeks to wait.

I had a rough weekend, feeling just icky the whole time, but the neighbors dog barked all Friday night and kept me up. A night without sleep seems to knock me down for days. Today I'm feeling pretty darned good so far. This will be Bugs first regular week in school with no early releases from heat, and I'm looking forward to getting into a routine. I am a routine oriented gal.

I'm off to the indoor playground at the mall for our weekly playdate.

Come on, everyone!!! Check in and let us know how you are doing. The April moms are showing us up.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:01 PM

Can you add me to the list? I'm due 3/8.

I just got back from my doula training this weekend. It was so much fun, and a nice break from my toddler. Daddy took him all 3 days while I was in the training. Although we had the evenings together, Daddy was still making sure I was on "vacation"! It's the first time I've really had a break. It was so nice to really do something for ME. I had no idea how much I needed to do that.

DH even washed all the poopy cloth diapers!!!

I really hope everyone starts feeling better soon! I'm starting to get my energy back - although that may be thanks to my vacation too.

Now I'm on the search to find something to wear to my sister's wedding next month. I'm just starting to show, so I want to make sure people know I'm pregnant and not just getting fat! LOL!
Old 09-02-2003, 02:25 PM

Me too! I'm due around March 28-April 1 depending on which calendar I consult. Thanks

I hope everyone is feeling better who is not feeling well. I *think* that mine is almost over. I still have a hard time cooking dinner though. Yuk.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:50 PM

Hi mamas! I wasn't feeling too good this morning. I was having stomach cramps and nausea, it just came out of nowhere! So my sister took the girls to her house for a few hours. Suddenly I am feeling much better. Funny, isn't it?

I have been having strong food cravings. More so than with the last 2 pgs. I have been eating navy bean soup like crazy and iceberg lettuce and garden tomatoes with french dressing. I don't want anything else. Yum...

I am much less tired now, coming into the 2nd trimester. That's a relief. It's so hard not being able to keep my eyes open midday with 2 little ones running around.

Rachel
Old 09-02-2003, 05:02 PM

Hi all! Whew, put me in the "Still with MS" group. I'm ready to feel good again.

I start teaching classes this week. I'm excited to get back. I fear losing my breakfast in front of the class, but it's college, so hopefully they'll just think of videoing it and sending it to Jacka$$. I just teach two classes and they're both in the mornings. Mornings actually seem to be a good time for me. It's afternoon/evening sickness with me.

Sounds like a lot of us got a break from kids lately. A good college friend of mine was in town and one day we shopped, at out and then met up with the husbands and kids back at the house for cards. It was wonderful. And, i was only a little queasy for about an hour while i was with them.

livelybaby -- doula training sounds great!

BathrobeGoddess --- just think of the years you can torment this child into getting you really good Mother's Day presents! Hope you feel much better soon!

indigo -- what is it about the phrase, "What's for dinner?" that makes me want to throw myself on the floor!?!?!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:45 PM

Well, I am pretty sure I have West Nile. The rash popped up this morning. I called my MW and she told to me call my regular doctor and get it checked out. I have an appointment for tommorow. But she assured me nothing to worry about and to take some Tylenol for the fever....did I mention that my county has the highest rate of West Nile in the country? Yuck!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 
Old 09-02-2003, 06:43 PM

Jish, you're awesome for getting our Mama-list together and keeping our threads going!

Bathrobe Goddess, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that you just have a harmless rash, or that the treatment for West Nile is safe for you. Please let us know what you find out.

I just want to say

I FEEL GREAT!!!!!

OK, maybe I won't be jumping rope like the sheep, but I am definately almost over the hump!!! It's been getting progressively better this week, and for the last two days I've been knocking out chores I haven't been able to face for months!!!! I still took a nap this afternoon, I don't want to be too cocky.

Here's to the 2nd trimester! (sparkling grape juice, of course!)
Old 09-02-2003, 06:44 PM

Wow, September already! Well, I'm trying to decide between doula training, Bradley instructor training, or both, hehe! Any suggestions? And I'd love to attend some births both for the experience and the thrill, anyone have suggestions about how to make connections with pregnant moms??

Beth, thanks so much for keeping us so nice and organized!!

Pinksunfish, sorry to hear you are still ill, hopefully it will let up soon! Can't wait to hear about your appts...btw, are you from somewhere other than the U.S.? antenatal, while easy to understand, isn't in my normal vocabulary

Eden, hugs for all those troubles/stresses!!! Hope that you make it through the morning sickness and west nile, try to stay calm and get what fluids you can!

Boobiemama, yea! for getting to the second trimester! Hopefully it will bring pregnant bliss! I second the suggestion about water intake, also watch for too much sun...causes splitting headaches for some I know (that can last for days). Good luck!

livelybaby, do share! I'm really eager to try either the Bradley training or doula training or both...was it a DONA workshop? And how well were you "prepared" for it (readings, have you attended a lot of births, other training, etc.) Do you have any concerns about being a doula and a parent (and I'd love our other list doulas to share their input here too...Rebecca?) Do you work now (I do in home childcare) and how will you deal with conflicts? Sounds like it was a wonderful break for you, what a neat experience!

2girlsmom, it is great to have a break once in a while, just to relax and breath without having to deal with others' needs for a few minutes can be so refreshing!

Claire, hope classes go well! and nice to be getting some breaks, ditto on the reasons! DH has been doing all the cooking lately, such a relief, but I still have to decide "what" we'll have, and that is a tough one sometimes. With the heat that we had (and it left 4 days ago, so no longer an excuse) my eating habits were awful...hopefully I'll get them back on track. Can't wait to hear about your next appt, when is it? Do you have any more thoughts on measuring big?

Take care all, hope this month is treating you well!
Old 09-02-2003, 07:29 PM

Hello everyone,
Now that Im in the second trimester (13.5 weeks) I am also feelin SO much better!!
I still get a wee bit queezy sometimes but I can eat a wider variety of foods, I can cook once again, and I rarely feel exhausted!
I am still enjoying the gym, trying to continue w/ weight training and hopefully recovery after the baby will be a bit easier.
My belly has been popping out more and more evryday. That part is so much fun!
My roommate and her daughter moved in yesterday. She leaves early for work and doesn't get back until 7 or 8, so I won't see too much of them. They are nice though and I think we will get along great.
I am meeting the midwives tomorrow. I am looking forward to the appointment.

Eden, hang in there gal! Big hugs to you!!! I hope you feel better ASAP!

Big hugs to everyone else too... just because we all need it!

Happy baby growing!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Now that Im in the second trimester (13.5 weeks) I am also feelin SO much better!!
Hehe, I hope that will happen for me too! Last night as I was nursing Peri to sleep I asked her to be gentle because Mama's breasts are sore, and she nursed for second, then stopped, and said, "Mama, next week your breasts feel better." and continued nursing! Well, in one week I'll be at that magic point, and who knows, maybe Peri's right?!? She doesn't have that much of a concept of time, just knows what's bigger (week>day>hour>minute, etc.), but kids do have connections

Just had to share that!

Glad things are going well, Jaze! How's work been, have you started yet??

(edited for typos)
Old 09-03-2003, 12:55 PM

Hi Mamas,
So I'm not the only one who is still queesie? I just have no appetite at all, I have to force myself to eat. And I think that I'm not doing a great job at that because I am loosing weight. I put a ring on yesterday and it fell right off my finger.
Everything seems to be going wrong right now, I wish this trend would speedily reverse. Two nights ago Dd woke up with the ceiling leaking on her head. We need to tell the landlord but that's a bit awkward since for the first time in our lives we don't even have rent money. Dh can't buy his textbooks for college, nothing. The college is jerking him around with his financial aid and won't even give him an emergency loan (which is what the loans are supposed to be for!). Ugh, sorry, I just had to vent. I'm really trying not to stress because of the baby, but it's really hard not to iykwim.
Oh Calgon (or a healthy natural herbal equivalent) take me away!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:57 PM

Wow, it's been forever since I've posted.

Bathrobe Goddess- hope you feel better soon.

I'm totally brain dead on how everyone else is doing but all is well I hope.

i'm feeling alot better. m/s is much better. I still need a nap during the day but it's ok. I think I'm gaining weight a smidge fast. My jeans don't fit anymore I'm only 12 weeks! HopefullyShamu has a cute wardrobe I can borrow.......
Old 09-04-2003, 05:25 PM

Willowsmama -- Shamu has a great wardrobe -- black and white. Very slimming!

(((((artemesia))))) -- hopefully this will ease up and things will be coming up roses again real soon. Hopefully your husband can share some books with other classmates until the check comes in. If he applied for it before the semester it should be in soon. Best wishes.

Well, I a new experience. For the first time ever I went to a M.D. for a prenatal this week. I'm still planning a homebirth, but I wanted to get an U/S (after much debate). With my insurance I had to have my assigned physician ok it. It was weird. She couldn't find my uterus and then, she could only find the right side. So, she measured that and pronounced me 8 weeks, but she didn't measure in the direction of my belly button, rather to the side of my uterus that could feel. odd? It gets odder, then she takes out the pregnancy wheel and subtracts two weeks from when I had my first positive pregnancy test. She tells me I will have the baby in May. Yes, MAY! Uh, so let's see I tested positive July 13 and so I was pregnant in June, but I won't give birth until May??? Does this make me an elephant or something?!?!?! Odd, huh? Anyway, she ok'd me to get an U/S. I guess it wasn't a total waste of my time and confusion.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Sparklin, that doctor does nothing to show the benefits of western medicine!: I go to an obgyn (don't have another option in my neck of the woods) and she is wonderful. This lunatic shouldn't be practicing medicine. Also, am I the only one who doesn't get measured until past the halfway point of my pregnancy??? My obgyn has never measured me before the halfway point in my pregnancy. With my second pregnancy it was about 24 weeks before she started keeping track of how I was measuring. Do most care providers start measuring at the very beginning??? Hmmmm, interesting. I find it so amusing that you are either 8 weeks pregnant ( : ), or you are way farther along than you think, or you are carrying twins. I got to tell you, I can't wait to hear the results of your u/s. When are you going to get it -- relatively speaking since no one has any idea how pregnant you are.

I'm so proud of myself. I dove into the boys rooms this morning and spent four hours cleaning and organizing there desperately unorganized and out of control bedrooms. The rest of the house is now a complete mess, but the boys rooms look great! I have the feeling I'm going to crash tonight.

I start week 14 tomorrow. Doesn't that sound nice. It's so nice to be moving farther and farther away from those single digit weeks.

I have a guilty confession. I am absolutely dreading getting big. I hate that I can't wear my regular clothing. I'm in no way huge and unless you know I'm pregnant you likely wouldn't guess, but this is the first pregnancy that I haven't looked forward to looking pregnant. Since I weaned ds a year ago, it's been nice having my body be all mine again after five years of pregnancy and nursing. It's a bit hard to to think of years of sharing it again. this is the third go around with this, but this is the first time I haven't been excited about the actual pregnancy part. I just felt like I needed to vent. I know as I look pregnant (rather than just paunchy) and the baby starts to move it will get more exciting, but now it just seems like such a long road to March. Anyone else, especially those with more than one current child feel the same?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:14 PM

Beth,
I know what you mean about the sharing. My situations a little different since I only have the one child, and he's still nursing. But that's what's freaking me out. Sometimes I feel so drained trying to attend to his totally reasonable needs, what's it going to be like to throw in a newborn? We are just now to the point where I've got the days figured out (for the most part : ), I can keep up with everything and still feel like I have some time for myself. I'm looking forward to farther along in the pregnancy too, I think those mama hormones will kick in a little more and I'll be all dreamy about it like I was last time.

Claire and Beth... Talking about measuring, my midwives last time and this time started measuring at 12 weeks. Basically its just how many finger-widths my uterus is above the pelvic bone for the 12 week measurement, but I think at week 16 they start using the measuring tape.
What a weird experience with the physician, Claire! Well, I guess it will all come out in the wash when you get the actual U/S.
willowsmama, I have moved up two sized in jeans, and now I'm just about out of those, so it's offically time for maternity clothes. Seems like it happens all of a sudden!!

artemesia, I really hope things fall into place for you soon, rent is the last thing you need to be worrying about right now. Hopefully your landlord is compassionate and can work with you a little.

I just found out that there is a hypnobirthing instructor who just moved to our area. I'm really looking forward to meeting her. She's also a doula, and we talked for a long time on the phone. We'll see. We were going to take the Bradley refresher course, but I think it would be better to get a new perspective to add to what we already have experienced.

Hope everyone is rounding the bend on this trimester, looking forward to hearing about the last days of fatigue and morning sickness!!!

Steph
Old 09-05-2003, 01:20 AM

Jish--I relate to what you're saying re: dreading getting big/etc. I was soo big w/ds, that I remember not being able to wait to get my "spring nymph" : body back!! LOL. I can't say I"m dreading getting big, because right now, I'm not. However, I now have *two* kids to take care of, one who's potty training, and I wonder how I will keep up, especially if I get HUGE again, KWIM? And I am wondering how early, if at all, I feel "done" being pregnant. It *seems* that it gets a little harder on your body the more preg's you have. W/dd, I never felt that I was that sick of being preg. while w/ds, I definitely did.
And sometimes, thinking about the whole newborn thing is daunting. I visited a friend recently w/her new baby, along w/her two others, and realized I had forgotten how much physical labor babies entail. hold, rock, nurse, change diaper, hold, etc.

Anyway, on the other hand, I feel so much more connected to this babe than any other in utero which is really fun. And I can't believe the first trimester is already almost over!!

But to answer your question, YES! I do have moments where this seems less "hallmark movie" than my other pregnancies. And wonder if we made the right decision, etc. But most of the time, I feel really excited to see this new little person.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:28 AM

Oooh, Steph, I did HypnoBirthing for my labor with Jude. I really liked it a lot. Since he's my first and only, I don't have previous labors to compare to, but my friends who've done HyB for second/third babes say they would never birth any other way. Apparently, after one birth in pain, HyB is a big improvement! You do have to practice every day for the best results. My labor with Jude included him being posterior the whole time and having a compound presentation. But, it was fun. I had an hour of PAIN, but heck, an hour, I got through it. You can read my birth story if you'd like:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...threadid=61645

Also, i'm looking into HypnoBabies this time around. The program looks like it's really in depth. They only have classes in CA though. Just something I'm thinking of. http://www.hypnobabies.com/pages/895069/index.htm

Jish -- yes the mystery of my pregnancy is certainly unfolding. My poor students, they asked me when I was due. All I could honestly say was, "Not this semester." At least they don't have to worry about my giving birth on my desk! Although, they may need to worry about me throwing up or crying in front of them. The darnest things make me cry. "Oh, handmade soap!" or "I love our Interstate system!"

Old 09-05-2003, 05:21 AM

Claire, our mystery lady...I think I figured out what your Dr. did...instead of subtracting two weeks from your positive test, she added, giving you an LMP of early August...and that would make your due date in early May. Funny how she also managed to make your uterus measurement correspond??? Did she say anything about how big you look? And when is your ultrasound scheduled? I must admit I'm super curious about this little drama, especially since we were TTC together...can't wait to find out what the scoop is!

I'm curious about hypnobirthing as well. Those who have used it...did you take actual classes, the home study course, or what?

I'm not personally dreading getting big, but I certainly understand why someone would be! For me, being pregnant last time was just so special, and I can't wait to have a decent belly to rub I also think that it makes a difference if you're tiny to begin with... I certainly worry about being overwhelmed with responsibility and getting touched out, though!! It was bad enough with DD, I can't imagine how draining it might be when/if I'll be tandem nursing and doing child care, uggh!!

Sigh...up in the middle of the night. Peri had to go pee and poop at 1:15, which was wonderful for the potty training, but I couldn't get back to sleep. Maybe I'll get to sleep in...
Old 09-05-2003, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Sleep???: What's sleep???
Old 09-05-2003, 12:11 PM

I started bleeding last night.Ended up in the ER around 2:30and sat there with W till almost 4am. The dr. found Sprouts' heartbeat and said it was good that he/she was playing hide and seek with Doppler. Cervix is still closed, too.

Of course, my dr doesn't work on Fri. But I go for another u/s on Mon. They're checking for placents previa.

Today I will be on the couch for as long as I can be. But I've got a mountian o'laundry to wash and hang and grocery shopping to do. All in moderation, right? Lounging is very hard for me, I think it's not in my DNA to lounge.

Is this week effing over yet?!?!?!?! Not sure but Sat. I might hide bed to avoid the tempting the fates..........

Sparklin- I had a + hometest on July 16 and I'm due 3/17/04 so you're prolly due a couple days before me. Lovely dr, though.
Drs. like that shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:20 PM

Oh Willowsmama, so sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better and stay that way ASAP!

Okay, I am just around 14 weeks now. I did visit a midwife on Wednesday. She also measured me. 10.5 inches, I think.
BP was great (98/60), and I got to hear the heartbeat (155 bpm) which brought unexpected tears to my eyes.

I don't really feel apprehensive about getting big, but a bit about the uncomfortableness that comes with the later stages, especially while sleeping!

I am so happy~ I was able to cook dinner every night this week! I couldn't stand to cook, up until this week. I would gag practically by just walking in the kitchen. My food aversions seem to be gone, and no real crazy cravings. Actually my appetite is getting big.
Me & Talin went to the farmers market this morning and brought home a nice lunch of homemade gouda, fresh baked bread, tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, homemade lemonade, and blueberries. Quite the treat!

When the midwife did my pelvic exam, she said that my cervix seemed to be riding quite low. Anyone heard of this or experienced this before? She didn't have much to say about it, so I'm not really worried, it just seemed strange to me.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:25 PM

Willowsmama, my SIL had placenta previa last preg and she took it easy (no bed rest) just tried not to overdue it. By her last tri the placenta had pulled up with growth of baby so it wasn't a threat anymore. Unfortunate for her because she wanted a c section, but she was able to have a vaginal birth.

Hope that's not the case with you (as far as the previa, i hope you don't have). I bled in my 4 month with my first a little and it was a yeast infection.

I have an inutero name for my baby, too. It's "festus". My 3 year old loves to say it. He says on days when i don't feel well, "is Festus getting bigger, Mommy, is that why you dont feel good?"

i also use the "Festus is growing" when i'm nursing my boys (i tandem nurse a 2 and 3 yr old) and there are many times when i have to cut the sessions short. I tell them to save some for Festus. That seems to work most of the time. But, if i start cutting back on the nursing that is going to cut back my supply. So it's just trying to find the right balance.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:28 AM

Hi everyone! I am much better today so I thought I would check in! I lost about 5 lbs from being sick this last week but I hope to get my weight back up asap!

I am worried about getting "big" this time. You know those cute, perfectly round, basketball belly mammas in all the magazines? Yeah, I was one of those with dd. Now I am nearly ten years older, starting out PG 20 lbs heavier ( weighed only 6 lbs more than I do now the day I gave birth to dd) and I am only 5' tall. This may sound selfish but I really want to be "cute" again!!!! This is me teying not to dwell on my real problems in life!

My midwife didn't measure me either on my 1st appointment. And she dispelled what I thought about how my uterus sat in my body. I have been told it tips backward since dd was born but she said it is tipped forward...she even poped it up for me to feel which was VERY cool! She told me I might feel movement early because it is so close to the surface. Cool!

Old 09-06-2003, 10:05 AM

Willowsmama, I hope you are feeling ok. A friend of mine is about 8 weeks and had about an hour of bleeding last week. Not spotting, but bleeding. She saw her midwife and everything looked great. I guess her mother had the same thing happen to her. Just a fluke, I guess. But very scary, nonetheless.

I am having the worst case of stuffed up nose at night. It is making me wake up frequently because my mouth is so dry. I had it the last 2 pgs, also. Anyone else experiencing this?

I had a minor bicycle accident last night. We were out with the kids at a festival and were coming home in the dark. I couldn't see the sidewalk very well and my tire went between the grass and sidewalk, the handlebars twisted and we fell. I pretty much caught myself with my foot and hand. I had my 19mo on the back if the bicycle. We were fine and it wasn't too bad a fall.

Rachel
Old 09-06-2003, 10:21 AM

Eden, I've been thinking about my weight/apperance some too. I think it's inevitable when thin women with virginal/adolescent appeal are what we are told is attractive. And even though I know it's just a sales pitch, it still makes me self-conscious sometimes! I'm glad you are feeling better, it stinks to get sick when you're pregnant.

kirstie, I thought it was a lot of work nursing ONE toddler through a pregnancy! You should get the "Patient Prengnant Mama" award! Are you worried about your supply going down for the baby, or for your toddlers. Because your milk and supply will totally change over the next few months, and come back up when the baby comes, right? I know I'm talking to an expert here, so tell me what I need to know!! What do they call it when you are nursing 3, by the way? Tridandem nursing?

mmmm, Jaze, you are makin' me hungry! I'm glad everything is going so well for you!

willowsmama, I hope everything is looking up. At least it's the weekend, hope you can do some serious lying around!

Claire, I LOVED your birth story, and thank you so much for the link. I think I'm definately going to try hypnobirthing this time. Last time was pretty straightforward, but I could have used some more creative techniques for dealing with the active labor/transition phase.

Rachel, I have the same thing, stuffy nose and dry mouth. I read in one of my pregnancy books that you make more of all your bodily fluids when you're pregnant, and that stuffs some women up. Glad you are ok after the fall, I am always so nervous I'll dump my toddler!!!

Take care everyone,
Steph
Old 09-06-2003, 01:31 PM

i have the stuffy nose problem too. Same as in all my preg. When your preg your sinuses get swollen which is not very comfortable especially when you already have sinus problems like me.

Sahara, i'm not worried about the baby just the toddlers supply. But, the are such nurse a holics that i doubt a dwindled supply would stop them. I was successful nursing my oldest through the my 2nd preg, but toward the very end my supply changed. I just know that part of keeping your supply going is letting your child nurse and at times long to boost it for growth spurts. That's been my experience anyways. Seems i'm more willing to cut them off before they are finished now. Not always but enough i think to effect the supply. As soon as that baby comes despite if my supply stopped during the preg, my boys will be lining up for their share. I've been working on letting them know that newborn gets the breast while the other two share the other breast. They indicate they understand.

Bathrobgoddess, all short women look cute when they are pregnant. Just like they never look glamourous otherwise. I'm five foot, also and that's what my tall friends tell me.

User Tag List