Equinox Mamas-EDDS Sept/Oct - Sept thread 1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all, and welcome newcomers... Here's a list of who frequents this thread, and what's going on with their labors (if anything at all!)

Screen Name Real Name Birth No. EDD where what’s going on…
Lactationmom 3-Sep home w/midwife some contrax nothing to report
petitemama (laurie) #5 3-Sep homebirth w/ midwife lots of pressure and hip pain
akirasmama (laurie) #2 4-Sep contrax 5 mins apart 4 cms… labor started stopped and has started again
Anmarie Anmarie #2 4-Sep Home/h2o Alannah was born at 7:02 (9/3) at home in the pool-8lbs 13oz just over 20inches!!!
CTMOMOF2 (Tracey) #2 5-Sep Hospital OB contrax 4 mins apart for 20 hrs then Nothing now horly contrax but nothing exciting…
cobluegirl (rachael) #3 9-Sep hospital nothing happening yet
Carolyn #3 10-Sep Home Pressure
Emma #2 12-Sep Hospital Nothing yet
apple (Jamie) #1 14-Sep Hospital w/ CNM losing plug
Eman'smom #2 mid Sept some contrax
Lisa_Lynn (Lisa) #1 17-Sep Home
Mommy Stormraven (Michele) #3 17-Sep Home water birth
dallaschildren 18-Sep csect boy
MammaKathryns 19-Sep girl
Ravin #1 20-Sep hospital
Sagira #1 21-Sep Birth Center
1stTimeMummytoLore (Kate) #1 22-Sep Birth Center w/CNM
shanetedissac (shane) #3 24-Sep Home
seven_lux #1 25-Sep hospital
anabean (Ana) 25-Sep hospital w/ cnm 2 doulas
Amywillo (Amy) #2 26-Sep
mahdokht 28-Sep home w/midwife
cllovato #2 28-Sep labor at home birth at hospital w/ cnm/ob
Mamaley #2 30-Sep birth center
jennifer (sabin) Oct
weesej (jen) #4 Oct homebirth w/ midwife
mamapenelope #4 October Home
Nik's Mommy (christine) 1-Oct
mamarsupial (autumn) #2 4-Oct hospital w/ cnm & doula
Aspen 8-Oct
hikaru #2 14-Oct birthing clinic (doc/midwives)
jazzpurr88 #1 14-Oct
Rikki #5 17-Oct home
BellaMay 25-Oct
halah (jennifer) #2 25-Oct homebirth
Czen #3 26-Oct home w/ midwife & doula
grandmasgirl 27-Oct birth center boy
kerikadi (keri) 28-Oct homebirth
Louise #4 late Oct uc
#2 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM

I went to my appt today--baby is engaged, does that mean anything when it's your second? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd ask. I'm 36 weeks.
#3 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I went to my appt today--baby is engaged, does that mean anything when it's your second? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd ask. I'm 36 weeks.
Not really...it means you may have a very long 3-4 wks. Are you really uncomfortable?
My baby is not even engaged yet...hehe...I never was with #2 I don't think...

Hey what do you do with the evening primrose? Swallow it or open it up and insert it?

Acid indigestion still killing me. Asked the midwife and all she said was take some mylanta ..that should help...hello.. I have been doing that all along. I just got rudely awoken from a nap with more stomach acid crawling up my throat... I think I will try some pepcid tonight...this is miserable.
#4 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 07:45 PM

I was sooooo uncomfortable in the pelvic area at around 32 weeks, but it's weird, I'm pretty much feeling fine down there now! I won't question it...lol.

Quote:
Are you really uncomfortable?
#5 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 07:51 PM

Glad to hear it. I am really uncomfortable down there but nothing going on....hehe...of course my muscles are laxer then yours..lol

Enjoy not having your stomach as squished...hehe
#6 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 07:53 PM

Had a midwife visit this afternoon. Happy to hear that baby is head down already at 32 weeks. She showed us how to feel its little head, it was great! Poor little one got his noggin shook a few times!
#7 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 08:04 PM

Don't forget me! Although I'm not hanging out with labor buddies, I do want to represent on the main thread .

ladylee (lee)-#2 repeat cesarean delivery 9/19, 7:30 am PST!

Had my 37 week appointment today-all is great. Excellent BP, baby measuring perfectly at 37 weeks, and she's up high. Which is fine with me--I'm happy to feel this comfortable at this stage and to keep up the status quo day by day. It's been a great pregnancy, I'm not in any rush to end it, but at the same time I have dreams of our new daughter and what she will be like and am eager for her to come to us. DH and I are so incredibly lovey dovey it must be sickening to others, I think we should quarantine ourselves. I'm sure that will change once we're hit with sleep deprivation! :LOL
#8 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 08:16 PM

[QUOTE]
Hey what do you do with the evening primrose? Swallow it or open it up and insert it?

I do both -- except I don't open it up to insert it -- just stick it in (usually two at a time before med) whole and let it work its magic. I was 75% effaced at last week's appt. -- we'll see tomorrow if any progress has been made. I live 45 minutes + from the birth center so she said last week she wants to keep tabs on my progress, even though she doesn't usually check people. Good thing -- I was 2 cm dialated too (took me 12 hours last time to get to 2 cm!

blessings,
amanda
#9 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 08:21 PM

Thank you Amanda...these are huge...gian horse pills...would you still use two at bed time? Also guess they should be used after sex? hehe..I am so ready and I have one week to go still....argh...I was fine till I had that stupid false labor..hehe..and I am not sure that comparing progress with everyone helps either..lol
ps. I am an hour away from the hosp too and I birth quickly once my water is broken....
#10 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 08:43 PM

Hey friends,
I don't post much but I love this community. Used to be on the list but somehow got lost. I am Ruth Due October 4 planning my 3rd homebirth. Just got my carseat today... felt good to get that out of the way. Now we just need to get firewood!

Sex - love pregnancy sex, can't get enough...

Preparation - took a hypnobirthing course, didn't get that much out of it, now I am doing the hypnobabies home course which I really like, I'll let you all know if it really works in about a month.

Did anyone here do a sibling class? I spent so much time with my first prepping her for the arrival of the second. I have done hardly any prepping for my four year old. We watched a couple of birth videos and thats about it. She said that she doesn't want to be there to see the baby come out "all bloody and yucky" but she wants to be the one to tell us if its a boy or a girl. I figure we'll play it by ear.

Happy labor vibes to all!
Ruth
#11 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 09:20 PM

Sibling classes:

We did not do a sibling class for the first or the second. What we did do was with ds#2 pg we took bradley childbirth class again with him attending every class (private) and having the instructor teach towards him along with us (he was 18months). Then this time I had a childbirth educator come into our home and speak to them about baby to be. It was really nice, she planned the class around the boys and they seemed to enjoy it. They love baby pictures and that was the first thing they asked for. Plus she had a birth on video that the boys had not seen. I've just included them in eveything and they have not been exposed to any negativity to birth or pg so they do not have these feelings. My eldest (4yo) will also be telling us the sex. I keep asking him how he will know if it is a boy or a girl. Just to make sure!

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#12 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 09:33 PM
Banned

I had another prenatal today. I am now two centimeters dilated, sixty percent effaced and the baby's head is really really low (engaged?). I think she thinks it might be soon. I am not sure what I think, though.

Congratulations, Anmarie!
#13 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 09:49 PM

Apple...you are probably not engaged yet but the baby it low. My baby is low too and I am not engaged..I think if you were they would have stated as much...

We have never done any classes period for us or the kids...I just really try to focus on relaxing every muscle possible while in labor and concetrate.

Check out Laura Shanley's site..she has some good info.

http://unassistedchildbirth.com/
#14 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 09:51 PM

Just to update the list... I have had five nights where I have had regular contractions for a few hours - then alas and a lack, they stop.... Ugh. Baby's head is also engaged, and at my last prenatal (a week ago), I was 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated. Since then I have felt off and on menstrual cramps and a dull back ache.... still nothing 'real' yet though.

I have loved being pregnant, but I am definately ready to meet our new baby.

Emma

Emma
#15 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 09:59 PM

Emma,

I have stop and start contractions too! This baby needs to make up his/her mind, either be born or don't, but quit teasing us I've been doing the evening primrose oil since Sunday and I drink RRL tea non-stop (I can't get enough of it iced) but I'm not sure if its doing anything. I am not really trying to induce, just want to make it all go smoothly if labour ever decides to come this way. My birthday is Saturday, maybe the little one wants to share with me?

Laurie

#16 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 10:09 PM

I'm sure it's been asked before on here, but what are you all wearing to labor and birth in? Last time I wore a hospital gown, but this time is at a birthing center and they said to bring a "loose dress". I'm more of a sports bra and shorts kind of gal, although i'm sure shorts would just get in the way in labor--and, I like being naked but I don't know if i'll want to be there. Any ideas?

I just went for a walk and there are times when I swear it feels like the baby wants to come out of my butt.
Not that I'm in a hurry, but I really wish that the fact that baby's engaged could tell me something. Ahh, the joys of the last month!
#17 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm planning on being naked, and taking a robe to wear to walk around outside my LDR room. I'll probably just wear undies after the birth and MAYBE a t-shirt or hospital gown, until it's time to go home (which will hopefully just be a few hours after the birth).

I've been sleeping more...was up late last night but then slept for 8 whole hours (not completely uninterrupted, but more or less). Then took a 2 hour nap this afternoon.

I gained 5 lbs. in 8 days between my last two prenatal appts!

I've been eating a lot of dairy and sugar and fattening stuff, not enough healthy stuff, I know... but my sweet tooth has been out of control and it's there and easy to grab, no way to convince the other members of my household not to have it around. <sigh> I hate not being in control of what groceries are brought into the house! I would buy fruit instead of Entemann's doughnuts, DH has no sense sometimes... but the doughnuts are there, so I eat them. I'm hopeless.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#18 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

You ladies have me cracking up!! So many funny things in this thread!!

Quote - "Don't forget me! Although I'm not hanging out with labor buddies, I do want to represent on the main thread ." Ladylee
Sorry! I only copied from the labor buddies list!
Everyone who wants to be added or has updates should copy the list and paste it into thier post... this way it will keep coming out and we can all keep tracked of ourselves...

Quote - "I just got rudely awoken from a nap with more stomach acid crawling up my throat..."Cobluegirl
Sorry to laugh, just a very funny statement! I have this too, had to go on Prevacid!! It really works for me, and it is the only thing that has... was taking like 20 tums a day before, didn't do a damn thing... but i bet my bones are a lot stronger!!

Quote - "although i'm sure shorts would just get in the way in labor" Mamaley
I'd imagine they'd get in the way of the delivery too!! haha... By the way, i didn't care who was there when i was all crotch hanging out and boobs everywhere... my mom said, "can dad come in too" I was like, Ewww, but i saw his big head sticking around the curtain, then the next thing i know he was like 2 feet from me!! Something about your dad seeing your naked crotch!!! But at the time, i didn't even care!!!

I've also been sleeping these past few nights a lot longer too Ravin! I don't know what happened, i went from being a total insomniac to sleeping a solid 8 hours w/out even getting up to pee!! Weird!!

And, the hungar thing, i am starting to think there is no baby in there, just LOTS AND LOTS of junk food that is gargling all the time... if i hadn't had an ultrasound, i'd really think that!!!

I love this board!!! You are all my best-friend right now!! I wake up in the morning and you are all the very first thing i think of, and the very last thing i think of/do before i go to sleep at night!! It is really nice to have a place to go where everyone REALLY understands!!! In a way that anyone else in my life never could! I'm constantly talking about all of you to my friends and family as if you were my next door neighbors or something!! I'm going to miss this after the baby is born!!! Where do we go after this again???? I couldn't find the right place, is it under parenting?
#19 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 11:14 PM

I found where we can post after our babies are born. Under parenting there is a catagory called Life With Babe. I looked under it and there were other threads with groups of parents with kids born in the same time frame. So it just has to be started, I guess Anmarie would get that started.

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#20 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have to first say, CONGRATS Anmarie! I hate being due so far from you all... It's gonna make me so jealous that by the time I have my baby, you'll all be done.

I'm LOL at all the posts on this thread, mentioned by CT above. Especially the one about the shorts!

Sib classes: I took all of my kids to a sib class last time around and they enjoyed it. They were also all in attendance when baby Shayna was born. This time, I'm just going to take Shayna and Kaycee to a sib class, since I don't think that Kaycee will remember anything from the last class and Shayna was the star attraction for the last class... Besides, I want another tour of the birth center.

What I'm wearing during labor will depend really on where I am. If at home, I'll more than likely be naked. If I'm at the birth center, either one of their gowns with my sports bra underneath. I truly make a mess when giving birth and would rather not clean up any of my things.

I'm having wimpy contractions everytime I nurse Shayna... Well, they don't feel wimpy and are definitely different than BH ctx, but they go away soon after she's had her fill. I almost considered weaning her, rather than letting her self-wean like all my others, however since I know that I'm really 36 weeks and not 34 weeks, I figure that it's okay if these little ctx are doing something. Just wish they weren't *so* painful.

Oh, and here is my funny to add to the posts for today... I was telling the above to dh, about possibly weaning Shayna, and then I mentioned that I didn't know if I could since she seems to really like the colostrum that she's getting... Well, he says, "Yeah I wasn't going to mention anything - but last night, well it was like sucking on a popsicle!" TMI, I'm sure...
#21 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Rikki!! That is funny!! Do you really let him do that! My breast are OFF LIMITS from the instant i become pregnant until i stop nursing completely!! And still since i've nursed, don't consider them as part of the sex-life at all!! To me they are feeding objects only!!

That is funny though!!! haha
#22 of 181 Old 09-03-2003, 11:57 PM

Hi everyone!
Congratulations Anmarie!

Had a *good* dr appt today at Kaiser! Only took me 9 months to find a decent one! :LOL He's a high risk doctor who really treats me like my problems are no big deal (since my gestational diabetes is diet controlled, and my BP is NOT in PIH ranges), and was actually appologetic sounding saying we'd start thinking of inducing when I was "a week or two after my due date". Compared with the old doc who said "we won't let you go past 38 weeks" this is bliss! He asked permission to check my cervix, actually asked if I'd 'like' him to check me (well I guess since I'm here and pantless, sure!)... He said I'm a little dilated, and very soft and short. Woo! He is guessing I'll probably have the baby around my due date based on that, but who really knows... So I've made my next appt with him and will avoid the other doctor.

I've been crampy, and am having contractions on my NST's and when I came home today I'm having a little bloody show. Not sure if that's just from being jabbed by the doc or not, but hey I'll take it as a good sign!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#23 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 12:03 AM

Tracey....you are too funny..I wouldn't want to be your husband....he must be totally deprived....hehe...I wouldn't say dh likes my breasts while nursing...he likes the nice full look but I think he is shy about the contents...lol..I weaned Tristan when he was 15 months...was 3 months preg with Lorna...It was kind of mutual...looking back I am not sure.. With Lorna she weaned about 22 months and I was 6 months preg. Dh has really liked them since then....kind of diffferent from with Tristan...of course being sore doesn't help anything. I am glad I am over that..till this one is born.....

As far as sex after birth goes...as soon as I am done bleeding if I don't tear we have sex...(someone commented on this earlier)The only reason we waited longer then that the first time is I tore really bad with Tristan and man..I had stitches till 6wks or so and it hurt....we tried at 5 wks pp I think. I am sure it was a good 6 months before things felt normal again. With Lorna I didn't tear at all and it was great. The recovery wasn't even comparable. We had sex like 2 wks pp or as soon as I was done bleeding....
#24 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 12:09 AM

#25 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 01:04 AM

I think aquarianangela was the first Sept mama to birth and is waiting over in Life with a Babe...

Sibling preparation

I feel really, really good about 3.5 yo dd's level of acceptance and excitement about the baby coming. We've been prepping her all throughout the pregnancy & it's been neat watching her adapt more and more. She has a fascination for anything to do with the body and its functions and wants to be a doctor--so we showed her both a natural birth, and when the opportunity presented itself recently on a news program, a cesarean birth. We explained what would be happening with her mommy and sister--she was very excited and grasped it very well.
She's picked out gifts for the baby, and today she told me she didn't want to go to school until she saw the baby come (a big compliment, even though she won't be going to K for another 2 years, it's something she talks about on a daily basis.)

Mom coming to help

I also can't wait, mahdokht-my mother is coming around the same time as yours. Her presence is so soothing, and I would also rather have her here more after than before. Can't wait to see her and share the children with her!
#26 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 04:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh Rikki!! That is funny!! Do you really let him do that!
Yep, sure do! He's a lot nicer to them than my soon to be 2 year old is...!

Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you found a nice OB at Kaiser. Mine was wonderful, when I had him. I think that I mentioned to you once that if I could have moved him to WA with me, I would have! Which Kaiser are you going to, if I may ask?

Mom coming to help: Unfortunately, my mom wasn't here for my last baby's birth, nor will she be able to be here for this one. She was the only one present at my 3rd child's birth - since dh was on a business trip... She was there for my first two children as well. However, she's a school teacher in CA and can't take the time off when she doesn't exactly know what date to schedule for. I wish that she could be here, she was absolutely wonderful help to me after I had the older kids. Also, she told me that she and my dad have scheduled a week off in October (this was before she knew we were pregnant) to go to New Orleans...apparently it's right around my due date, so coming to WA as well as going there probably wouldn't put her in too good a stead with the new principal at her school.

However, dh works from home, except on Fridays... His "boss" pointed out to him that he's maxed out his vacation accrual for the year (6 weeks is the max), and so unless he takes some time off, he can't continue to accrue anymore time. So, dh is taking next week off, and he'll also be taking two weeks off after I have the baby. That will be nice, since he can hang with Shayna if I want them out of the house!
#27 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikki
Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you found a nice OB at Kaiser. Mine was wonderful, when I had him. I think that I mentioned to you once that if I could have moved him to WA with me, I would have! Which Kaiser are you going to, if I may ask?
Walnut Creek. Its supposed to be the "good" Kaiser in the area (there is also Martinez), but the parking is *such* a pain! And joy of joy, I do my NST's on mondays and thursdays, and the good doctor works tuesdays, wensdays, and fridays. So I get to make the trek there (really its 10 minutes away tops, but I really need to leave 45 minutes before the appt to get parking) three times a week! And that's not including my midwife appts 30 minutes away I get to go to weekly as well.... and then there is my chiropractor, also seeing 3 times a week.... so I'm WAY tired of appointments... but it'll be done soon

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#28 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Morning all, Got up at 4:30am because i had to eat some honey nut cheerios!! Its 5:12am now, and too awake to go back to sleep!! Hope labor starts NOW!!

Check you all later!!
#29 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 06:40 AM

okay, i'm a slacker! thanks for starting the new thread CT...and i was up at 4am eating toast! hee hee.

here's the updated labor buddies.

LABOR BUDDIES

1. apple (Jamie), #1 Sept 14, Hospital w/ CNM
akirasmama (laurie) - #2 Sept 4
mamapenelope #4- October, #4, Home
1stTimeMummytoLore (Kate) - Sept 22 #1, Birth Center w/ CNM

2.. BellaMay - Oct 25
Emma - Sept 12, #2, Hospital
jennifer (sabin) - Oct
Amywillo (Amy) - Sept 26, #2

3.. mahdokht - Sept 28th, home w/ midwife
halah (jennifer) Oct 25, #2, homebirth
lactationmom - Sept 3, home, midwife
Rikki - October 17, #5, 'home'

4. Lisa_Lynn (Lisa) - Sept 17, #1, Home, Boy
Anmarie - ARRIVED!!!!
Michelle (Mommy Stormraven) - Sept 17, #3 (#2 w/ dh) Home water birth
weesej (jen) - #4, Oct, homebirth w/ midwife

5. Ravin - Sept 20, #1, Home
Eman'smom - #2 mid Sept
Carolyn - mid-Sept (Sept 10), #3, Home
kerikadi (keri) - Oct 28 - homebirth

6, Sagira - Sept 21, #1, Birth Center
hikaru - oct 14th, #2 birthing clinic (doc/midwives)
Louise - late Oct #4 - uc
Mamma Kathryns - girl, Sept 19

7. seven_lux - #1, sept 25, hospital
CTMOMOF2 (Tracey) - Sept 5, #2 girl, Hospital, OB
Aspen - Oct 8
dallaschildren - Sept 18 - boy, c-sect

8. anabean (Ana), Sept 25, hospital w/ cnm, 2 doulas
mamarsupial (autumn), Oct 4, #2, hospital w/ cnm & doula
cobluegirl (rachael) - Sept 9,#3 hospital
shanetedissac (shane) - Sept 24, #3, Home

9. grandmasgirl - Oct 27, boy, birth center
Mamaley - Sept 30, #2, birth cent
Czen - Oct 26 #3, home w/ midwife & doula
Nik's Mommy (christine) - oct 1
9/03

10. jazzpurr88 - 10/14/03 with #1
cllovato - 9/28/03 with #2. labor at home, birth at hospital w/ cnm/ob
petitemama (laurie) - 9/3 #5 homebirth w/ midwife
sabrin - #3 due late sept/early oct
#30 of 181 Old 09-04-2003, 06:59 AM

up at 3am to make dh my prosteglandin whore. hee hee. okay, so it was his idea...still. he prefers 'prosteglandin stud'. hee hee. then HAD to eat some toast...then couldn't get back to sleep. am ready for breakfast #2 already.

okay, now...how is my preggo brain going to remember everything i wanted to say...sibling stuff, clothes, moms, etc...hmmm..

SIBLING CLASS: no class here, but we have LOTS of friends having babies, so that has been a good preparation. we also checked out several books from the library, including the sears' 'baby on the way' and a few others from the library. we also bought her the 'i'm a big sister' book and have talked quite a bit about her new 'jobs' as big sister. dd also watched our doula's birth video (home water birth). she loves looking through our pregnancy books and finding the pictures of the babies in utero or coming out. she's very matter of fact about the birth stuff "the baby is in your uterus and she will come out your 'gina."

CLOTHES: i just bought a new robe. in the summer, i usually don't wear one...but have a nice fleece one for the colder weather we're known to get here in minnesota. decided that was too hot to wear, so now i have a nice cotton robe. i also plan on going naked if i can. don't want to wear a hospital gown, i'll tell ya that! i'm packing my two favorite blue canoe bras for the hospital too.

MOMS/DH/POST PARTUM HELP: dh has two weeks off, then will be working at home part time for 4 more weeks. he had the same arrangement when dd was born and he worked his butt off when he was at home...so his boss is being even more generous this time around, letting him shift hours around as much as needed. my mom and dh's mom will both come and help too. my doula is really into post partum stuff (our doula last time wasn't so much) and since our girls are friends, she will prolly come by now and then just for play time. she also knows a doula in training who is looking for some post partum experience and may be helping out for free...which would be cool. one of my best friends, and certainly my best mama friend, is really close by too...and our kids are best friends and i'm sure she'll be over a lot too. boy, now that i think about it...what am i nervous about?

FOOD: i'm soooo hungry. i must have eaten about 3000 calories yesterday and i still woke up at 3am with a growling tummy! we are getting some b grade maple syrup (great for baking) delivered today from a local farm...so this weekend i'm going to bake a lot of bread, freeze a lot of it, back cookies, and nest nest nest. i also need to pick the kale and collards from our garden, blanch, and freeze as much as i can. i promised myself i would freeze something from the garden and from the farm every week this summer to stock up for the winter...but i've been awful about doing it. i see fresh produce and i eat it on the spot! okay, i better to eat something.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page