What sorts of things are you obsessive about during your pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-04-2003, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought this would be funny ...

Here's my list, at 37 weeks:

1. Keeping the house clean. Like not leaving dishes in the sink at night, in case I go into labor in the middle of the night & can't do them. The house has "clean zones" where dh is forbidden to enter--like the guest bathroom, which has been cleaned and has clean towels in preparation for my mother coming. My mother is so not the type of mother to judge, but I got caught the first time with a messy place and don't want to have it happen again :LOL.

2. Food, tolietries. We have stockpiled so much food and tolietries that I don't think we'll have to shop for 3 months after the birth.

3. My hair. Every day I fix my hair just in case I end up having to go to hospital that day. Again, the first time I went in without having done so and didn't get to shower for a couple of days and felt so gnarly.

4. Clean underwear & clothes. I don't want to be looking for a pair of underwear that fits, and I have ONE maternity outfit that still fits me, so I am a fanatic about keeping it washed so I can wear it to the hospital if I need to.

Looking forward to see what others come up with, at different stages!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Can you come to my house? I'm 37 weeks (tomorrow) and I am not obsessive about anything. I haven't even hired my doula yet. It's like I'm dragging my feet and thinking this baby thing really isn't going to happen. Right now it is 9:38 at night and there are dishes in my sink!
#3 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 01:41 AM

Shoot, and this reminds me that I need toilet paper. Hmmmm, maybe I'd better make a toiletry run soon!

Ugh, it just occurred to me that I should also pack a bag for the hospital. I finally went today and did the pre-admittance paperwork. Sigh. My husband wants me to set up the co-sleeper too. Hey, I still have at least 3 weeks, right?
#4 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

:LOL

Amy, I came in here thinking-good, someone is also a little anal and now I see nope-it's just me!
#5 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 03:48 AM

#6 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 11:31 AM

I've been obsessive about odd things. I've really been obsessed with making sure the counter top is disinfected every day (at least 4 times!) I've also convinced myself that what I do clean isn't clean enough!

I'm trying to figure a way to disinfect/clean the inside of the washer....even though it probably doesn't need it....

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#7 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm trying to be obsessive. It isn't working. I'm going NUTS in this new place because I really envision going into labor and having my baby in a nice organized CLEAN house. Being in a messy house really bothers me. But I don't have a single room here yet I can retreat into that is *done* and clean. The baby's room (well where all his stuff is I doubt he'll be using it much) is the closest thing to a 'done' room we have (still not 100% done, but a lot futher along that the rest of the house) and I find myself wandering in there to sit down just to enjoy the energy of a clean and organized room (all that's left to do is paint trim near the ceiling).

So I'm *trying* to get the rest of the place done, trying to get Dh to help out, but at this point its an uphill battle. I have normal housework to do, and then the rest of the things left to unpack/put up are either in the "where in the world does this go" pile or in the 'Dh has to do it' pile (He's a perfectionist with his drills and hammers and levels where I'll just hang things up with thumbtacks and have them fall on my head :LOL).

I'm very jealous of an empty sink at bedtime! At least I don't think the baby will arrive until around his due date (the 17th) so hopefully that gives us some time to finish up...

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#8 of 8 Old 09-05-2003, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ladylee
:LOL

Amy, I came in here thinking-good, someone is also a little anal and now I see nope-it's just me!
Please, PLEASE come to my house! Or give me a cyber kick in the rear.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page