LACK of breast tenderness...A bad sign? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found out I'm pregnant...

As in, I'm only a few weeks along, if that. But I have no breast tenderness like I did with my first one, which started tendering up immediately.

Could it be the fact that I'm still breastfeeding? Are they "toughened up" so I probably won't experience it?

If I don't have tenderness, is it a bad sign? (aka- sign of miscarriage, etc.)

Thanks.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 03:49 PM

I was going to ask if you were BFing

With #4 I didn't have any breast tenderness until later and I was still nursing #3.

As I tell women all the time symptoms or lack there of don't mean anything.
The pregnancy I had the most symptoms with - morning sickness, vomiting, dizziness, aversions, tenderness etc. is the prenancy I lost.

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 PM

I'm on my second pregnancy and I've had absolutely no breast tenderness at all so far (I'm about 23 weeks). When I was pregnant with my first I had horrible, terrible tenderness from before the positive test through most of my pregnancy. I couldn't even walk up and down the stairs without wanting to cry. The tenderness is what actually prompted me to test 3 days before my period was due.

Candace - Mama to Molly (02/06), Max (06/08) and Maggie (03/10)
Old 02-20-2008, 03:57 PM

It can be totally normal. And it might come in and out - I would not worry!
Congrats!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 PM

Mine was horrible with my first, nonexistant this time. I'm nursing my 16MO.

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 02-20-2008, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcino View Post
It can be totally normal. And it might come in and out - I would not worry!
Congrats!
Thank you!

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerikadi View Post
I was going to ask if you were BFing

With #4 I didn't have any breast tenderness until later and I was still nursing #3.

As I tell women all the time symptoms or lack there of don't mean anything.
The pregnancy I had the most symptoms with - morning sickness, vomiting, dizziness, aversions, tenderness etc. is the prenancy I lost.
That's really good advice. Thank you! I'll remember that

-Caitrin

Old 02-20-2008, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryseis View Post
I'm on my second pregnancy and I've had absolutely no breast tenderness at all so far (I'm about 23 weeks). When I was pregnant with my first I had horrible, terrible tenderness from before the positive test through most of my pregnancy. I couldn't even walk up and down the stairs without wanting to cry. The tenderness is what actually prompted me to test 3 days before my period was due.
Wow. That sounds exactly what I went through with my first!! Interesting!!

-Caitrin

Old 02-20-2008, 04:06 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, either

With #1, I didn't have any tenderness at all. She's now a happy healthy, nearly-3 year old

With this pregnancy, I did have some tenderness. As far as I can tell, this 'lil guy is doing just fine also.

So all I can say is that my symptoms varied and both pregnancies have progressed just fine!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
Old 02-20-2008, 04:08 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I had severe breast tenderness with the baby I m/ced. This pregnancy I have had next to none and I am 19 weeks. I don't think that can be used as any kind of indicator.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
Old 02-20-2008, 04:09 PM

I'm 15 weeks with my 2nd and still BF'ing and I have had not breast tenderness at all...I wouldn'/t worry about it, I am thankful!

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
Old 02-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've never breastfed while pregnant and I've never had breast tenderness with any of my 3 pregnancies.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 02-20-2008, 04:42 PM

I had tenderness with DS1 but NOT with DS2 or DS3. I was nursing their older sibling while pg with each of them. No idea if the two are related. At any rate, tenderness does not necessarily have anything to do with how healthy a pregnancy is.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm 36 weeks with my first and haven't had any breast tenderness at all thus far. I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm small-breasted, haven't grown much (from a scanty B to a slightly less scanty B), and haven't worn a bra for some months. I know a lot of women find going brafree helps with tenderness for other reasons, so maybe it stopped me feeling tender? I dunno. Anyway, it's nice not to have one symptom--enjoy it!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine4004 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I had severe breast tenderness with the baby I m/ced. This pregnancy I have had next to none and I am 19 weeks. I don't think that can be used as any kind of indicator.
OH GOOD

That's encouraging. Thank you.

I'm happy with all the responses I've gotten on here so far. Hopefully no one will pop up and say, "Oh no!! This is a bad sign!!"

Here's hoping But it sounds like I really shouldn't worry at all. That's good!

-Caitrin

Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had no breast tenderness and so far only a week of nipple pain. I was tandem nursing up until recently, I'm still nursing 1.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:31 PM

I had breast tenderness while pregnant with my son, but absolute zero with this pregnancy and I am currently 24 weeks pregnant. Try not to worry. Every pregnancy is different!

Leah- wife to Chris : SAHM to Henry (03/06)and to Evelyn : (06/08). She is our heart attack survivor at 3.5 weeks and went on to have open heart surgery at 5 weeks for Coarctation of the Aorta.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM

With #1, I had breast tenderness. Nothing with #2 and I nursed through my pg. Just found out #3 is on the way, no tenderness and am still nursing DS. For me the nursing seems to be key (I hope).
Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM

I was the same way with this one. They didn't get sore till about 16 weeks then yea, they got really sore and got bigger then. I was SOO worried too cause like you they were always so sore with the others. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

Jennie: Working mother to 3 and loving wife to my hubby for over 12 years
Emily 10 Taylor 8 Logan 6
Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM

This is my first.

I am 8 1/2 weeks and my breast tenderness JUST started. They up overnight about a week ago, and all of a sudden, I went to hug a friend one day last weekend and it hurt.

User Tag List