Tell me about hand foot and mouth disease - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-28-2008, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We spent the week at the beach with my mother...same condo..and while there she gets these strange painful bumps in her mouth. Well today when she got back she went to he doc and he dx her with hand foot mouth disease. Well i'm 16 weeks preggos and wondering if there is anything i should be worried about. I dont have any strange symptoms going on....so i'm fine right?

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#2 of 4 Old 03-28-2008, 10:01 PM

I think if is only a problem if you are almost due to deliver. I think you are fine
#3 of 4 Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
DS came down with it when I was pregnant with DD. Luckily he had a mild case (blisters on his palms and soles but none in his mouth), DD and I weren't affected at all.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-29-2008, 02:36 AM

I don't know about pregnancy issues with it, but I do know that most adults do not get it because they have already developed immunity. Even if you don't remember having it when you were little there is a strong possibility that you had a mild, undiagnosed case at some point in your childhood.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page