Second Trimester Exhaustion?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-03-2008, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a few days shy of 19 weeks along, and I am exhausted ALL DAY LONG. I even wake up exhausted. I do typically get up 1-2 times a night to pee, so I know I'm not sleeping as well. But I just don't remember being this tired during the second trimester with my two previous pregnancies. I am more tired now than I was during the first trimester, during which I usually experience the early pregnancy fatigue. I'm monitoring my iron intake, and I am getting enough to not be anemic. My protein is also good, so it's not that. Any one else in the same boat?
#2 of 5 Old 04-03-2008, 02:43 PM

Get your thyroid checked. You want your TSH under 2. Make sure they tell you what your actual numbers are do not just take a everything is fine. Some labs go by antiquated ranges.
#3 of 5 Old 04-03-2008, 02:58 PM

YES! I am soooooo tired! I was chalking it up to the fact that I am working full time, DH is deployed, and I have a toddler and two obnoxious dogs, but I think it is a little more than that! I was expecting a big burst of energy since DH is getting home next week, but nope, I am still running on empty. Last pregnancy I was tired the whole time, this time I was doing pretty well until I hit around 16 weeks. Anyhow... lets take a nap!
#4 of 5 Old 04-03-2008, 05:26 PM

with my first, i was tired all through the pregnancy (not ALL day but some of the day and exhausted very easily.) it didn't end with the first trimester as it does with some lucky women and it hasn't with this pregnancy either! where's my sudden rush of energy in the 2nd trimester?! i'm lucky to be able to go shopping. after one store, i need a break! i'm super shopper!! what's going on here? most days, i get extremely exhausted come 4 p.m. and have to lie down and snooze.
what i'm saying is you're not alone!

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#5 of 5 Old 04-03-2008, 05:40 PM

I don't mean to get you down, but I'm at 28 weeks and I'm still tired most of the time. I never got that 2nd trimester energy burst my mother told me about. All my tests came back normal, I eat a LOT of clean protein, clean carbs, and drink lots of water. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't exercise as much as I could/should (I find good vigorous exercise usually energized me), but also, all pregnancies are different. If you're tired all the time, listen to your body and sleep (while you still can!).

I work full-time in an office and there's a section of the office here that's completely unoccuppied by any staff. Sometimes, I disappear during lunch hour, take my winter coat with me and go sleep on the floor of one of the empty offices. It's not super comfy but I find that even a quick 20 minute lay-down, with my eye closed and my body relaxed makes a big difference in the rest of my day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page