Your pregancies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have been pregnant more than once - I would love to hear from you... Especially if you had a first pregnancy much like my own!

I hear so many things, I am interrested to seperate the fact from fiction. Things like, you are more likely to have morning sickness the second pregnancy around, etc...

My first pregnancy was great! - I didnt 'suffer' from anything! I had no morning sickness, no back ache, no heartburn, I slept well at night till the very end, and I just felt great!!! Besides my HUGE bump, I didnt feel pregnant at all! The only thing I guess I 'suffered' from was water retention, but that didnt really affect me at all - just meant I had to wear sandles but it was summer anyhow! hehe

We are looking to TTC this December - I am so exctied. But also worried about what my next pregnancy is going to be like! I would love to have such a great pregnancy again!

Were your pregnancies the same? Were they different? Did things get 'worse' the more pregnancies you had? Or were they all great? etc....

Thanks

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#2 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
That's been me for both pregnancies. Eventually I can't reach anything but otherwise I really have no problems.
The only thing different this time is varicose veins that make me look like I'm 80 from the knees down. But I had them before either pg...they are just getting uglier this time.

Mine will be 7 yrs apart and both girls; don't know if that makes any difference. I hope it's easy for you the second time around too.
#3 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 10:05 AM

This is my 4th pregnancy. I seem to have a lot of control over how well I feel except for the morning sickness and the pubic/pelvic bone pain. I have no control over them. Oh, and fatigue in first tri. That just happens sometimes. The pelvic pain is usually treatable w/chiro work.

I think my pregnancies go pretty well. The better I eat, the more I exercise, the better off I am in general. All around. Eating well and exercising helps me mentally, emotionally, and physically.

That's what I've learned. All my pregnancies have been slightly different but, like I said, in hindsight I can see where making certain choices helped/hindered my well being. My priorities are (on a good day) eating well, exercising, seeing the chiro, and listening to my Hypnobabies
#4 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 AM

This is my 4th pregnancy but only my 2nd baby (I still have about a month and a half to go so I may not be who you're looking for). But mine have been pretty much identical to a "T"!! (other than weight gain...I've gained slightly less this time, no reason) No m/s, no swelling, no MAJOR discomfort (other than when I'm trying to sleep ), etc. I DO get horrid heartburn, but that's probably the worst thing I have to experience the whole time.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#5 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is my 3rd pregnancy but 2nd baby. The only time I EVER got any morning sickness was with my first.

But generally speaking, both full-term pregnancies have been roughly the same. I can't really complain about very much. I never got stretch marks, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, or anything like that. I never got sick or developed any other conditions except a little touch of anemia this time around. I gained about 35 lbs. with both.

I'm really tired most of the time, but that's normal enough. The only thing that was worse with this pregnancy than the last is that I had a bout of very painful sciatica around my fourth month, for which I sought chiropractic treatment--and eventually painkillers. It only lasted a few weeks.
#6 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 01:50 PM

Just speaking about my honest experiences:

My first pregnancy was a breeze. I did have some morning sickness, but it wasn't anything too crazy and once that was over I was up and running and had a great time.

This is my second pregnancy and I'm not a happy camper. I've had hyperemsis, SPD, low energy levels, low iron, I've caught so many bugs (including an awful stomach flu), bad heartburn, dizzy spells. I've had major digestion issues and back pain too. The result of all of this stuff is that it's also made me feel pretty depressed this pregnancy because I don't understand WHY this one is just SO different. I'm sincerely hoping that when I get pregnant again it goes back to what it was like with baby #1 (DD).

I know that sounds really bleak and depressing, but pregnancies are just so varied. I know people who always have easy pregnancies, some who skip around and some who have horrible first pregnancies and easy second.

Really, a lot of it for me has been a domino effect. My low energy, dizzy spells, and digestion issues and weight loss might not have been so bad later in pregnancy had I realized I wasn't having simple morning sickness early on and maybe had gone on zofran sooner. So I think my body is just playing catch up from the first half of my pregnancy (I'm 33.5 weeks btw). The SPD I can't really change, but I wish I had started to manage it sooner with chiropractic care, which I am now and it's helped.

So I don't think it HAD to be this bad, but as they say...hindsight.

Mama to : '05, '08, '10 and expecting our 3rd homebirth.jpgJanuary '13

#7 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 02:41 PM

So far (at 25 weeks), this pregnancy has been very similar to my first.

I would say that my pregnancies fall on the easier side of the spectrum. I have mild nausea during the 1st trimester that can be prevented by snacking frequently and then the occasional restless night during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. I retained water, too, toward the end, but I was due in August, so I think that's to be expected.

I thought this one might be different because we're having a boy, and then of course, I'm taking care of my DD, who is now 19.5 months old. None of that has made a difference, though. In fact, in some ways being a SAHM of a toddler has been much easier than writing my master's thesis, which is what I was doing last time around.

I wanted to add that I'm not even that much bigger with this second pregnancy. I have a few friends who were significantly bigger the second time around, but I'm still getting the same "you hardly look pregnant!" comments I got with my first.

Good luck!

SAHM to DD (8/2006) and DS (7/2008)
#8 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Mine are completely different thus far. Ds's first trimester was a breeze. 2nd trimester was bad due to some outlying issues, 3rd was decent.

This time, I'm sicker than I was, crankier than I was....everything is different. We'll see as things progress. I need to adjust my diet but it's hard when you don't REALLY want to eat much of anything just....cottage cheese.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#9 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 05:44 PM

The first was a breeze, except for sciatica later on, this was has been much more miserable. sorry!

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
#10 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 08:31 PM

My 3 pregnancies have been very, very different.

DS1 I had hypermesis, water broke at 10 wks, and I got a virus that doctors told me only gave him a 25% of survival if I had a vaginal birth. I lost 28 lbs the 1st trimester and only gained 19 of it back. His labor was 45 hours and was back labor the entire time.

DS2 my pregnancy was a breeze. I only got nauseous if I didn't eat for too long, no complications, but in 3rd trimester had some issues with SPD. Chiro fixed it in a few visits.

#3 - I was nauseous around the clock but never threw up. I'm sitting at 19 weeks and the biggest difference in this pregnancy is that I am a raging, hormonal freak I have never been a clingy person but this pregnancy DH cannot be away from me when he's not at work, but then when he's around me he can do no right. I feel so bad for him!

We are a family of Jesus loving urban-nesters living the granola life in a not-so-crunchy city.  Our kids (DS 8, DS 7, DD 4) are home birthed and educated, and we just found out that a new Little will be added to our roost mid-April '14!

#11 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
Just speaking about my honest experiences:

My first pregnancy was a breeze. I did have some morning sickness, but it wasn't anything too crazy and once that was over I was up and running and had a great time.

This is my second pregnancy and I'm not a happy camper. I've had hyperemsis, SPD, low energy levels, low iron, I've caught so many bugs (including an awful stomach flu), bad heartburn, dizzy spells. I've had major digestion issues and back pain too. The result of all of this stuff is that it's also made me feel pretty depressed this pregnancy because I don't understand WHY this one is just SO different. I'm sincerely hoping that when I get pregnant again it goes back to what it was like with baby #1 (DD).

I know that sounds really bleak and depressing, but pregnancies are just so varied. I know people who always have easy pregnancies, some who skip around and some who have horrible first pregnancies and easy second.

Really, a lot of it for me has been a domino effect. My low energy, dizzy spells, and digestion issues and weight loss might not have been so bad later in pregnancy had I realized I wasn't having simple morning sickness early on and maybe had gone on zofran sooner. So I think my body is just playing catch up from the first half of my pregnancy (I'm 33.5 weeks btw). The SPD I can't really change, but I wish I had started to manage it sooner with chiropractic care, which I am now and it's helped.

So I don't think it HAD to be this bad, but as they say...hindsight.
I just wanted to grab my violin and play a sad tune of comiseration...
#12 of 12 Old 04-04-2008, 09:00 PM

My first pregnancy was great! I had about 10 days of "Hmm.. I don't feel 100%" that was it.

My second pregnancy was not great. I had four loooong months of severe m/s. I lost 8 lbs; there are many foods and drinks I still can't eat because of the memory of them coming back up. I also got severe pubic symphysis problems.

My third pregnancy was better than the second as far as the m/s goes. For about 3 weeks I was nauseas, but not vomiting.

My fourth pregnancy was wonderful for all 17 weeks of it. No m/s at all!

This is my fifth pregnancy and I'm 11 weeks. For the last two weeks I've felt totally, completely disgusting most of the time I'm awake. I'm anxiously waiting for it to end.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page