Did any of you guys feel achey before you went into labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since last night, I've been feeling pretty achey in my muscles...mainly arms and legs. Kind of like when you have the flu, or a fever, but I'm not sick.

It's just kind of weird...I'm 37 weeks and have lost some of my mucus plug, I'm dilating, etc...things are moving along...just wanting to know if anybody else experienced this.

Sarah-Mommy to T (5), C (2) and baking a baby girl due in early July
#2 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 05:24 PM

I haven't experienced it (because I have never experienced labor) but in my prepared childbirth class last night the instructor was saying consistent body aches are a sign of labor. HTH.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
#3 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 06:18 PM

ohhh i have been feeling this way all night/day...just about 40 weeks. Hope that this is true! Nausea on and off too.
#4 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 06:28 PM

saslewis11- we're due on the same day and I've been feeling really achy in my stomach. Not just my lower abdomen, but up along the sides, too. I sure hope it's a sign of impending labor! My family is ready to kick me out I'm so cranky!

Used to be stay at home parent to our two lovely girls, survived nursing school with family intact, about to graduate and looking for a job! I low-supply nursed my bio daughter for 3 years. 

#5 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Yup-I hear ya on the crankiness...I seriously feel like I have the worst case of PMS ever. People-stay out of my way!!

Sarah-Mommy to T (5), C (2) and baking a baby girl due in early July
#6 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 08:03 PM

I felt HORRIBLE the day before I went into labor, I had major pains, extremely cranky, tired...DH went into a frenzy that day too, lol. I took a bath and I think that made things slow down, then I went to bed and slept like 10 hours. One thing that made me feel like I was close was my body "cleaning out", a little TMI, but I swear I had to poo a million times that day. I woke up the next day and felt awesome and asked DH what we were going to do, made breakfast, then sat down to talk to my friend and my water broke when I was on the phone. You could be getting ready, I was 41 wks when this all happened.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#7 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM

Yup, I had full body achiness about 4-5 days before I had DS. I thought I was getting the flu. When I checked into the hospital (my water broke) they told me the achiness had def been a sign.

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
#8 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 09:46 PM

Well, that's good to hear. I feel like I pulled every weed in the front yard by hand; my back and thighs are so sore and achy.
#9 of 9 Old 04-20-2008, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironica View Post
Well, that's good to hear. I feel like I pulled every weed in the front yard by hand; my back and thighs are so sore and achy.
I DID pull every weed in the book today, : and I helped DH put together a sandbox for DS, planted green beans and three hanging baskets and tromped around a pasture with my horse checking a fence and moving a large water tank with DH. I am sore, but it's probably my fault. I"m noticing a lot of cervical stinging right now. Not a lot of contractions, just stuff deep inside. I'd love it if something gets kick-started.

Jen D.

Messianic mama to 3 boys, C (4 yrs), E (22 mths), B (newborn)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page