Any June Mommas-to-be out there?? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 244 Old 10-12-2003, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh, katie i am sooo sorry. i hope you're wrong and somehow the tests messed up! (((Katie))) and if not youll be back in here soon!

ahh, i am kinda scared now. no bleeding, but my tests arent darker, they are just the same. i feel sick as can be though. do the tests often say your positive and then not get darker over each day?

i guess i am just sooo attached i am freaked out now.

well, all is well here i guess. we have told quite a few people. everyone's excited, especially us. cant wait to feel some little kicks!

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#62 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
((Katie)) I am so sorry! I hope the test was just messed up, too and that you'll be back over here with us soon! Be gentle with yourself and hug your sweeties a little extra

You know, I still questioned my a bit until I got the results from the quant hcg test our family Dr did. Even though I had all the symptoms and I just KNEW I was pregnant, I just had that little worry in the back of my head. It's amazing that was barely 2 weeks ago and now I feel so very pregnant, I can't believe I was questioning.

My IRL MDC momma tribe found out first cause we went to the zoo the morning I got the BFP and I told some other girlfriends later that week and Ben told my sister and parents (and my sister thought it was just 3 year old babblings, lol!) Dh has told his mom and his dad, and they've probably told all of their families. We're goign to our neice's b-day party next Sat. so we'll tell his stepmom and brother's and everyone else on that side then. It's funny how excited we were to share about Ben (who was the first grandchild all around so it was kind of a big deal) but this time we don't feel much rush to say anything unless it comes up in conversation. It is coming up more as I'm getting sicker, so mostly we're just casually mentioning it instead of making announcements.

Well, that was long-winded, lol! I'd better finish up messages and maybe get to sleep early! 'Night all!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#63 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
tabitha-
Tristan is my DSS's name! he is 28 months old.
Katie-
i am so sorry. that is very dissapointing
s
i hope to see you back soon!

as for me- i feel like death warmed over. i cant eat hardley anything and i keep ending up in the bathroom dry heaving, which is horribly painful..and i have NO energy at all..i feel like i am being sucked into the couch...so i lay there all day..which is probably good because when i get up i almost pass out...i am ready for it to be 2nd trimester!!!!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#64 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 02:16 AM

Sorry for your loss.

Well, I finally got the m/s I was wishing for just to make sure I really was pg, and it sucks! I feel like Hell all the time and I just lie in bed nearly all day. I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of the school term...yuck!!! Looking forward to 12 weeks...also because I am outgrowing all my clothes but am still not showing, so too small for maternity stuff.
#65 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 02:31 AM

Oh, me too Greaseball....(btw, do you prefer to be called Greaseball? :LOL I feel kind of bad typing it out) I am not too bad, just a low grade yuckiness, that every once in a while threatens to explode!:Puke
#66 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 02:36 AM

Yep, that's me, I'm Greaseball!
#67 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 08:38 AM

Good morning ladies ~

I had kind of a rough night last night (I just posted another thread about it).....much anxiety....tossing and turing....worrying about things that I have no control over....ay, ye, ye....and I'm only 5 weeks -- I still have a LONG way to go!! :

Saw my mom and dad for the first time since we told them on Thursday. They are SOOOO excited. My mom kept putting her hand on my belly and saying "love you." It felt a little weird because....I don't really feel pregnant yet...but it felt good to see them so happy....this will be their first grandchild and my grandparents first great-grandchild.

We're holding off on telling the extended family until Thanksgiving (if I can hold out that long : ). They are all going to jump for joy....there hasn't been a baby on that side of the family (mom's) since my youngest cousin was born....she's now 15!!!

~Erin
#68 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 10:59 AM

Good to hear i am not the only one feeling the ms love. No outright vomiting yet, lol, but coffee is out today and large percentage of the food i try to eat smaell faintly of fish. ewwww. i am not bigger yet, but i definately feel pregnant.

i am beginning to change my diet some, to void some first trimester problems i had last time. Last time i was sooo sick i ate very little and none of it inluded fiber. I lost a bunch of weight and was all stopped up and got sicker because of it. It was awful, though baby was fine. So its fruit salad and such for me.

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#69 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 10:59 AM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I just got my BFP yesterday and figured that my EDD will be around June 21st. I have a 20 month old dd who still nurses like a champ, and I have a feeling I will be tandem nursing come June! I'm so glad and I feel so blessed to be able to join all of you other June mamas!
#70 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 11:44 AM

Hello!! Just thought I come over and introduce myself!!

I got my on Thursday. It was a very big surprise!! I currently have an 11 month old nursing dd who I hope will continue to nurse in spite of my being pg.

So far, I feel pretty good. So far this pg is very similar to when I was pg with dd. I have occasional nausea, and am having fairly frequent cramping, pinching sensations, and my bb's are tender and so are my nips. Every symptom comes and goes. The cramps and pinches freak me out. I worry so much about losing the baby and I know that I shouldn't b/c there's really nothing I can do.

The only person that knows is DH. I am waiting for a shirt that I ordered for dd that on the front says: I'm going to be a ... and on the back says Big sister! I will wear that on her and go over to my mom's and see how long it takes for them to notice.

I think I'm due around June 18 -19. Good luck and sticky vibes to everyone!!

Jessica, dizzy.gifmom to 3 little ladiesjumpers.gif and babygirl.gif babyboy.gif twins who can't figure out where her avatar came from.

#71 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 01:55 PM

I think I made this "reply" a post of its own. I didn't know what I was doing.

I just wanted to chime in, "me too, me too!"

I ovulated on September 26 (I swear I felt a "ping" on my right side) and we hit that egg with a ton of spermies and Voila...I got a faint line on the 10 (one day after my period was due). Today the line was even darker. WOO HOO.

I'm already the proud mama of an 8 year old boy and a 2 year old girl. I'm still nursing DD and YES, my nipples are VERY sore.

I'm a bit worried about this pregnancy because in June I had an ectopic pregnancy. There is an increased chance that I could have a repeat ectopic, but that one was on the left side, and I SWEAR I felt the ovulation ping on my right side....so hopefully all will go well.

I'm off to see if my chosen midwives' office is open today. I hope so!

Nice to meet all of you June mamas. I look forward to talking a LOT about this with you all...especially because DH and I have decided against telling anyone we are pregnant until after the 3 month mark (just in case it is not viable).

I'm giddy!

Happy pregnant mama
#72 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 05:01 PM

Hi 2BMamaof3! We also aren't telling anyone until Christmas. We thought that would be a fun time to tell all of our family! Thank goodness I have all of you here to tell, or I think I would burst! Congrats!!

Your edd is June 18th, Jessica's (Catlvr076) is 18th-19th, mine should be the 21st. We all get to go through this together! That is soooo cool!!!!
#73 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 05:14 PM

We usually don't tell anyone until after 12 weeks or so. I have only told two IRL friends. I am thinking we will probably tell our family around Thanksgiving as well. MIL usually comes over to our house that day, and it is my 2nd dd's birthday, so we may announce it then. I don't really expect a lot of excitement.....but that's okay.
Catlvr, my nippples are very tender/sore too. I sort of wince everytime ds wants to nurse, which is QUITE frequently now, like everytime I sit down. : :LOL
#74 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome newly preggo mommas!

ooh, you are all so good at not telling! I'm WAY more relaxed about it this time, but still am not intentionally keeping it secert. Than again, I'm not a super private person and if anything happens it will be public and I'll want those around me to know.

I am so exhausted and sick all the time, it's really REALLY bugging me. We had LLL today and it went OK but I just had to lie down when we got home and I wanted to nap so badly. Ben was OK for a bit, but then had a meltdown for no apparent reason, I think he was bugged that I was just lying there. Thank goodness he started school cause at least he'll have something fun to do for a few hours every day

Gotta run, It's almost bedtime, we made it through another day

#75 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 09:50 PM

I pretty much have to function everyday for my day care, but I have a little more leeway than a lot of other jobs.

Robin, are you a LLL Leader?
#76 of 244 Old 10-13-2003, 11:20 PM

oh, i couldnt wait! i am also not too private and dont really talk to a lot of people anyway. if i did lose this baby it wouldnt be a secret. but i am not going to!!! I think we have a girl name. last time we could only for the life of us come up with a boy name even though i thought it was a girl. and it was a boy! this time only girl names seem right. as of tonight, this one if a girl is called Cassiopeia Saffron Rose O'Melay. (cassi)

I am gearing up to take a break from my biz, to enjoy tristan as much as possible and get into a routine with an acupuncturist.

No more developments on the sympton scene, despite the nausea i have a good appetite.

Welcome, Doodlebugsmom, catlvr976, 2BMamaof3!

Hey can we post here with our names? The screen names are hard for me to remember. I use my real name but i know not eceryone does. Is there a way we can compile all the names so that i can remember?

tabitha

#77 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 01:30 AM

You can call me 2B. I know that isn't a name...but it is what I'm willing to give right now.

You see, a couple of my real life friends and several online friends likely come here and know me by another screen name. IF they looked, they'd figure out who I was immediately. I just really don't want to tell anyone in real life that I am pregnant just yet. I know it won't be a secret if I DO lose this baby...but I just need to have more time with it alone.

So...anyway...yeah....I'm 2B

Thanks,
2B (or Tooby, if that looks more like a name??)
#78 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 10:12 AM

Can I join, can I join!!!!!!! I just found out this morningat 4:30 that baby number three is on his/her way!!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Congrats to all the June mommy's to be!
#79 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 10:28 AM

Congratulations Sandi!!!! Welcome to all the new-comers (not like I'm an old-timer....I only found out on Thursday) :LOL!!! Wow -- what a nice big group this is becoming!!!

~Erin
#80 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 11:49 AM

Congratulations Sandi! Of course you can join! :LOL

Tooby!!!!! I love it! I know how you feel about not telling everyone. But I only know one other person IRL that I see all the time who comes here regularly and she already knows.

Welcome to everyone else that recently joined.
#81 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 PM

Tooby- I know how you feel. We won't tell anyonr IRL until 11 weeks or so. I did have to make exception though for my fitness instructors because of safety/health issues. I wasn't planning on it but when we went to do abs this morning I thought I'd better mention it. Luckily it was a small class and she gave me a whole bunch of pointers.
#82 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 01:34 PM

Wow, I started telling everyone at 4 weeks!
#83 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 05:09 PM

Anybody else want to sleep all the time? I feel so tired! I'm working out, taking prenatals, eating right and drinking tons of water. Don' t know what else I can do. My life was so caffenine driven before...I work 20 hours a week from home and I have a 2 year old. It's nap time right now, I should be working, but all I want to do is cozy down on the couch. Agh! I don't want to rush this pregnancy since it's probably going to be my last but jeez-o-peete am I ready to have some energy again. Six more weeks till second trimester well being hits (if I follow previous patterns).
#84 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 05:44 PM

Just a quick note to say thank you all for your kind words and well-wishes. I did end up losing the pregnancy after all, but I hope to be back on this forum again soon.
Have a happy and healthy 9 months, and I can't wait to hear about all of your little dumplings in June!
#85 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 05:54 PM

Yes, seedling, I'm pretty tired all the time. My full-time job is hard to manage and it's not even a stressful job! And, it's so hard when I have any kind of activity at night...it just wipes me out.

Today I've felt queasy all day and that's not so fun. I know it's nothing like what some of you have described, but it doesn't feel good, nonetheless.

I can't remember if I've shared this on this thread or not...but we've decided to tell friends and family this weekend. I thought about waiting until I was 12 weeks (I'm at 8), but it's getting harder not to let people know, especially now that I'm going to need to have midwife appointments and looking a little "green" some of the time. And, I work where my husband goes to seminary. He's going to tell his friends before class on Thursday. It's a small community anyway, so it's not like we can tell one group of friends without all of our friends finding out. Our family does live in other states, so we can call them over the weekend and be fine, I think. It's gonna be a busy week!
#86 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 05:56 PM

Lucysmama-lots of love to you I hope you're back soon! Thanks for the update.
#87 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Sandi, we'll all scoot down a bit and make some room for you

(Katie) take good care of yourself. I hope we see you back here soon!

Donna, nope, not a leader, I just volunteer for now, cause I haven't had the time to get into training much. The general meeting is a little boring right now and I will probably not bring Ben any longer since he has school, but we have a great toddler group with lots of 2 - 4 year olds and that meeting is more like a playgroup for us

Seedling, I am totally wiped out. Today isn't so bad, mysister took Ben to the park so I got to have some quiet time on the 'puter, but it's only 2 and I'm sure I'll be wanting to doze in a couple of hours. Be happy that your little one still naps, Ben will have none of that, lol! The good thing is that I have a mild sleep disorder that messes up my circadian rhythms, but I'm so tired now that I'm falling asleep really easily and sleeping great!

I hope you're all having a lovely week and feeling fabulous!

#88 of 244 Old 10-14-2003, 11:04 PM

I was only feeling a little tired, but then today I was so wiped out I couldn't even take care of dd. Dh is a student from 8-12 in the mornings, and this morning I fell asleep every time I tried to do something, so dd just watched tv all morning or played by herself, and didn't get to eat anything except for half an apple. I'm worried about how this will affect her.

Also, today I fell asleep at a red light, and also in class! I don't know what to do!
#89 of 244 Old 10-15-2003, 06:52 AM

Hi ladies!

I am mostly a lurker around these boards but hope to paticipate more here. Just got my BFP yesterday evening. I haven't told DH yet; I plan on surprising him Friday night somehow.

I am about 4.5 weeks preggo now. No symptoms other than a bit of nasea and lack of energy when running. I have a long cycle (35-40 days) and I also think FF overread my ovulation day. I am pretty sure this baby was conceived September 30 - October 1 and not October 5 like my FF chart says. As a result, I am due around June 22 but like many of you I plan on saying "the end of June". With DS I was due in September and he was born in October so I learned my lesson!

We are a navy family stationed overseas so I have to submit to navy medical care. I plan on refusing all tests except the ultrasound and hopefully this birth will be better than the last one (also in a navy hospital in Japan). They force us to take a 1st trimester class before we can get a prenatal appointment so I have to do that before I can start anything else.

Nice to meet you all!

Kate

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
#90 of 244 Old 10-15-2003, 04:06 PM

HEY LADIES!!!! I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been on the fertility boards, the "tribe" boards, etc....I'm so excited to be on THIS board. I've taken three POAS tests and ALL were , each stronger than the last one! I feel GREAT, and we interviewed...and hired...our MW last night. I am so excited I'm about to POP!

It's SO great to be here!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page