Any June Mommas-to-be out there?? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 244 Old 10-17-2003, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sandi, I am excited for you!!

I don't know why people aren't excited about subsequent births...maybe because most people have varied views on more than one (or two) kids. It seems like if you want to have more than 2 kids, WATCH OUT....everyone will make comments.

I'm enjoying this private time (others not knowing I'm pregnant). I KNOW we will get nothing but, "HOW are you going to afford that?" "Don't you understand birthcontrol yet?" "Do you really think this is a good decision?"

The thing is, DH and I were VERY conscious about making this baby. We didn't know FOR SURE if it was the best choice (financially), but we knew I was ovulating and said, WELL, let's give it all we've got and if it happens, it happens. And it HAPPENED!

Friends and loved ones will also worry because DH and I have had some troubles, but we're in counseling and we're dealing with our stuff and we've never been so close and intimate. That is all that matters to me, but explaining that to others...because they have the expectation of explanation....sigh...THAT frustrates me to no end!

I loved that list...whose wrote it again??? Anyway, I'd LOVE to do a pregnant belly pic (black and white-semi-nude) including both of my other children. THAT would be so cool! We are on the low end of money having, though, so we'll see.

I kept a baby book for both of my kids. I must admit I was pretty lax about filling it out for DD (#2). I don't know what I want to do this time. I keep a livejournal, already...and I'm thinking about just printing out all of my entries thus far and having them bound nicely. I guess I could take out the posts having to do with my pregnancy and bind those separately.

I LOVE this thread. I LOVE you mamas. I am so happy to have you all to talk to and go through pregnancy with you. I'm feeling so sappy and so emotional....heh...go figure.

HUGS,
Tooby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 244 Old 10-17-2003, 08:04 PM

i think it's wonderful that you are all secretly blissful about your little souls, and if they get to make your other children big brothers and big sisters again, that is an even greater blessing. i didn't get to have any little siblings when i grew up, and i can imagine it would be a lot of fun.

when people say those things to you, it's because of the whole "2.5 kids" syndrome, and also because a lot of "grown-ups" who didn't have kids (or had them so long ago they don't remember them being little) consider them a burden, and SURELY you must not WANT more than 2.5 kids! well, i say to them.

i am thankful for you all, and wish you a fabulous weekend. talk to you monday!

-laura, EDD 06/20/04
#123 of 244 Old 10-17-2003, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
geez, you guys make me cry! (ok, it might have something to do with hormones, but you aren't helping! lol!!)

Donna, I love that list! I want to start doing regular belly shots, I just can't figure out where to stand that has enough bare wall. I have almost no preg pics from Ben, just from our showers and I'm mostly sitting. A friend did do some nice shots a week before Ben was born but she's never gotten me the prints or the negatives. Time to call her up again! Oh, and a henna belly would be so COOL!

We never did find a baby book that we liked for Ben. I have a word document with all of the info just waiting to be put somewhere, but everything we saw was too cartoony or lame. I'm not sure what we'll do for the next one. I loved looking at my baby book when I was a kid and I can't imagine not having them for my babies.

Well, I had to give in to a TacoBell bean burrito craving today! It was yummy!! I haven't had any regular cravings, just things that pop into my head that sound so good. Like Mac 'n cheese the other day, I had to send DH to Koo-Koo-Roo for some. I keep wanting a banana split in the evening but Dh has been working late and hasn't been able to get me one. I tried to get the fixings to make it, but Whole Foods doesn't have whipped cream! it just wasn't the same...

OK, better go, I'm supposed to be sewing (it's my afternoon to myself while Ben is at my parent's house) I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#124 of 244 Old 10-17-2003, 09:53 PM

I've been craving bagels w/ cream cheese(darn that jewish hubby ) With my first I craved lox and I blamed it all on dh
I also craved anything potato. One morning I was in a department meeting and all of a sudden I was craving Burger King Fries. It was all I could think of. When the meeting was over I needed to drive back to my building and I stopped and got myself somefries. My students knew to make sure that I got tater tots on tater tot day. Sad I know!! I love this kind of stuff it makes the pregnancy fun!
#125 of 244 Old 10-17-2003, 10:45 PM

Today's craving was lemon bars.

I ordered the sour fruit pops...those better work!

Also, what would really be nice is a baby book that is designed with midwifery care and homebirth in mind, so I don't have blank pages that say "sonogram" and "hospital bracelet."

I had to tell people I was pg; no way could I explain why I suddenly gave up coffee (I'm normally an all-day drinker) or why I'm just too tired to do anything.
#126 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 10:07 AM

Last night I was craving something sweet, but with substance. DH found the raisin bran and I was in heaven. I had a Milky Way earlier in the day thinking that would hit the spot. I had to get over the too sweet taste.

Dh is taking me out today to baby dream. I am thinking about not getting a crib again this time around. I am definitely planning on a changing table. I need a place to store all my cloth diapering tools.

For those with children under 2 what are you telling them? DS is still in play mode and insists on belly flops and horsing around.
#127 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 12:24 PM

Hi everyone and welcome to all of the newbies! I've been out of town for a few days, and it just took me an hour to catch up on this thread! I'll be 5 weeks on Monday, and I've been soooo tired. I also go from nauseous to starving in about 2 seconds! My nipples are pretty sore and dd still nurses about 10 times/day. Most of those times are at night. So much for a good night's sleep! Reading about all of the cravings is making me crave everything that was mentioned! This thread is so much fun!

Tooby, if you want some nice black and whites, just buy some black and white film and have your dh shoot the whole roll. Make a simple white background with a white sheet. With a whole roll, you're bound to get at least one good pic. Then you can get it blown up to the size you want. You could even get a friend to help so dh could be in some of the pics too!
#128 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 03:02 PM

Quote:
For those with children under 2 what are you telling them? DS is still in play mode and insists on belly flops and horsing around.
I say, "Bounce on dad's belly!"

Yesterday I made falafel and applesauce. Yum!
#129 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 03:35 PM

Well, I guess this is where I belong now.. I just got my about half an hour ago. I'm very excited about it, even though I worked very hard not to have a summer due date. Maybe God works in mysterious ways, though; I've been *freezing* for the past few days, and last year while I was in my first trimester (March/April) the weather was about the same but I was always boiling hot. :LOL So maybe I'll just be feeling comfortable when #2 arrives.

I'm going to have to find that due date calculator now, and figure it all out. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#130 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 03:51 PM

eilonwy ~ Congrats!!! and welcome!!!

We told DH's mom last night and she was SOOOOO excited. This is her 12th grandchild but she said she gets just as excited about each one!!

I'll be six weeks on Monday and ugh....the m/s has started. Today all I can do is lay on the couch (luckily it's Saturday and DH is taking great care of me).

I am leaving tomorrow for a 5-day yoga retreat (prenatal yoga teacher training, nicely timed, eh?) and hoping I'm not going to spending most of the week in the bathroom. There's no internet access there so I'll miss you!! I'll be back on Friday.

~Erin
#131 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 04:42 PM

I'm expecting baby #2 on June 14th so I'm almost 6 weeks, but don't feel very pregnant yet. Thank goodness for the strong positives on the many pg tests, or I might be worrying! I wasn't very sick with Isaiah either though, so maybe I'm lucky!

Isaiah was born by c-section due to breech presentation and I'm having a VBAC this time. I just bought the Mothering book Having a Baby Naturally (I think that's the title anyway!) and I'm planning on working hard to be fully prepared to have a natural delivery this time!

My doctor is a family physician who is part of a group of family doctors who specialize in prenatal care. There are pretty pro-natural, as much as any doctor I'd guess! I'd love a midwife but I'm from Alberta (Canada) and there are very few around and they cost about $3000 and doctors are free under our provincial health plan so we'll be going that route. They were wonderful providers last time, but they wouldn't deliver breech vaginally (and since I didn't know any experienced breech vaginal delivery doctors I felt a c-section was a better decision).

Well, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Laurie wahm (virtual paralegal) of 3 wonderful boys (11, 9, 5). 1st by c-section for breech, 2 by VBAC (one miscarriage between child #1 and #2).

#132 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 05:30 PM

Well, I just found out via blood test that I am preggo!

I really want my due date though... and I have a few questions.

Can I nurse Adriana while pregnant, safely?
>>Do I need to take any extra precautions?

What kind of vitamins can I take?
>>Are the prenats the doctor give ok?

If my LMP was on 9-18, and I *think* I O'd on or about the 7th of October... what would my due date be?

Thanks~
#133 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 06:11 PM

Welcome Jodi and eilonwy!!!!!! So cool to see you guys here!

Jodi, your due date would probably be around june24 or 25th (the 24th is my b-day ) I am just telling people I am due around the middle of June though, because I have always been late.

Yes, you can still nurse Adrianna safely while pg. I have nursed during 5 of my previous pregnancies with no ill effects. I have not yet tandem nursed, but I think this will be the time I do. Gunnar is quite attached to his "tee-yah".

I don't usually take prenatals, only because I get sicker with them than without. I have been taking folic acid though, and will continue until 3 months. I am 6 weeks 3 days now.

Erin, have a great time at your retreat...it sounds like a lot of fun!

I am so glad to be here iwth you all..this is a great group.

i'll be gone the rest of the day....celebrating dd's 18th birthday with family...how can she be so old?????
#134 of 244 Old 10-18-2003, 07:45 PM

Hi everyone, new here! I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet, just wanted to post quickly. I got a this morning and I'm still a bit in shock. I'm not having any strong symptoms yet, some cramping and acne. I have mc in the past so we're not telling extended family just yet, I'm just hoping to start feeling sick sometime in the next two weeks. I'm also still nursing my 32mo DD all day and all night...I don't think she'll be ready to quit soon so we'll probably be tandem nursing. That should give the ILs something to talk about!

I need to start making decisions about prenatal care, I'm not sure where to start. We've only been in this area for a few months and I don't know what all the options are. We had our first at the hospital (yuk) our second at a free-standing birth center (much better) and I'm hoping this one will be born at home. I'm really excited about that actually. I'm seriously considering looking into UC, anyone here have any experience with this? Any recommended reading? Well, my family calls...good to be here!

Keri, wife to Tony, mom to five DDs: M ('96), S('01), E('04), A('07) and J('10);
#135 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 12:03 AM

#136 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Hey mommas! Hope everyone is feeling good this weekend! Welcome to the newbies and a big congrats on your !!

Well, we saw DH's family today for our neice's 2nd b-day. He had only told his dad who apparently didn't tell a soul : so everyone was a little perturbed that we'd kept it a "secret". Whatever! I did find out the my SIL is also pregnant, due in mid-May, so I guess we aren't the only ones who keep secrets! It's mostly that DH doesn't really talk to his step-mom or (step) brothers much anymore since his dad & SM (who raised him from 3 yrs) divorced a couple of years ago. I try not to be bitter about it, it is great when we do see them, but we didn't get invited to Easter last year and everybody acts like we don't want to see them. It just hurts my feelings and I know it hurts DH a lot, too.

Hmm, not much else to say tonight. Dh said he'd go to 31 Flavors and get me a banana split, which is good, cause I don't want him to cross the picket lines (grocery stores on strike) just for some ice cream Better go send him on his way! Night all!

#137 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 02:49 AM

KayJayJay - congrats and welcome to the board!

I also live in KS, what part are you from? Check out the "finding your tribe" area of the board, and under the KS and CO subsection there's a thread on midwives in the KC area.

I'm exhausted and sick all morning and all night now, and have been all week. I'm 7 weeks today!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#138 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 02:55 AM

Hey ladies!! Got room for one more!!

WOO HOO!!!! YAY FOR ME!!!

I just knew ladies and I tested at 11pm! I went out and bought a test just now. Well a couple of hours ago. And it was a BFP!!

I thought I O'd on day 9, but it must have been day 15-20th!!

YAY for all of us!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#139 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 12:51 PM

YAY Doula Sarah!

I just knew we'd be pregnant together! How wonderful! YAY!

There really are a lot of us here.

Nothing big happening here. We both have head colds (karl and I) and its awful. I had a special tea made up for me at the herbalist, a wellness tea thats safe for preg & nursing. Its nasty., lol

Its one of those mornings, house is grotesque, laundry is unspeakable, blah.

I read a lot yesterday, got my birth books in the mail. I also picked up the sears preg book because i want one that lists the medicines that are unsafe. The book itself, while it would probably have been facinating last time, is a big waste of money. I suppose it is for... less opinonated mothers. :LOL

I did get Adventures in Tandem Nursing, the new LLL book, and its alright. Ithink it would be great for anyone with doubts or fears about tandem nursing. We are pretty comfortable here and it spends a great deal of time discussing comfort levels and decision making.

Why is it everyone who learns i am still nursing in pregnancy tells me i have to eat a lot? I mean, i have *no* problem gaining weight in pregnancy, and i eat a lot. I doubt i will have any trouble growing these babies.

We still arent done deciding about prenatal care. We have one more birth center to tour, and 4 or 5 midwives coming over this week to interview. Though we are birthing on our own, i need prenatal care from someone, as I am rh negative and need a rhogam shot (only after the birth of a positive babe) . Oh, yes, and dh really really wants to see if we can learn the sex.

I have not had any cravings yet, those usually kick in after the 13th week for me, and involve oranges and grapefruits. and other healthy foods. Though i often craved fish. No ice cream for me this time around, I am not really looking to gain 65 lbs again! But we have a healthy organic diet full of great fats and yummy foods.

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#140 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 01:00 PM

Congratulations everyone on the BFP!!

Jodi with the day you ovulated I calculated June 29th as your due date.

I am having weird feelings this weekend. I think my body is telling me that there are twins. I don't know if I can wait 8 more days to see what is going on.

Growing up in church I remember being told that Sundays were supposed to be a day of rest. Haa.. I have a to do list a mile long and a hyper 23 month old. All I want to do is cuddle up in bed with a good book. I can blame this on pregnancy.

Have a great Sunday morning!!
#141 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 07:07 PM

Hi all!

Hey, mamas...I need some advice here.

My last pregnancy was an ectopic. I had one normal period and we conceived again with the NEXT ovulation.

My first midwife appointment is on the 28th (so, a week and a bit from now). I am in my 6th week of pregnancy (I think...the first day of my last period was the 12 and I ovulated on the 26 of September....so I think that is right).

ANYWAY, should I be off to my regular doctor TOMORROW to get a requisition for an ultrasound (as far as I know the only way to tell if this pregnancy is a repeat ectopic)??? OR, should I wait until I see my midwives on the 28? I was nearly 10 weeks pregnant before we found out about the last ectopic...which was ready to burst (but didn't!). IF this pregnancy is ectopic, I'd sure like to know 1) before it gets too big and I'm out for methotrexate treatment and 2) before I get too attached to the idea of having another baby.

I should add a 3rd in there....I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TELL PEOPLE! I want them to be HAPPY for my VIABLE pregnancy. I don't want anyone to get excited for me if it's NOT viable....

I'm frustrated, irritable and scared...but at the same time I'm hopeful, excited and serene. Weird to have all of those feelings. I figure my midwives will best be able to deal with the emotions surrounding this...but there is no earlier appt date with them...and I'm not sure I can wait.

I'd love your feedback. THANKS!

Tooby
#142 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Tooby, according to your dates, you're a little past 5 wks now, so waiting until next week to see your MW would only be about 6.5 wks. BUT, if you're nervous about it and it would make you feel better, definitely go see your Dr! I would think that if you recently had to have an ectopic removed, you'd be sensitive to how it feels and would notice it (and from what I understand, it's only common for a repeat if it's in the same tube??) I'd say if you're feeling serene to trust that, our bodies rarely ignore problems even if we do, but you should do what feels best for you and relieves your worry

I'm feeling pretty good today. We're having a lazy Sunday so I slept in a LOT (woo-hoo for Dh getting up with Ben!) and have been eating lots of fruit and protein, which really seems to help me feel normal. DH is pre-making lots of meals for this week so that I can be sure to eat well, and small portions so that if I think something is gross we won't have to toss a lot of it! He takes such good care of me when he's not working crazy hours. Oh, and he did get me a banana split last night, it was a good dinner, lol!

#143 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 09:38 PM

rubelin- It must be lazy Sunday! I took a 2 hour nap this morning and then a long bath. I have two really sick kids. We ended up in urgent care last night w/ my youngest becasue she spiked a fever of 105! She has bronchitis and the start of an ear infection! Poor thing! Now her sister has a fever 103.8 and coughing like crazy! UGH!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
#144 of 244 Old 10-19-2003, 10:26 PM

Thanks Heather!! Now to figure out how many weeks/days I am. :

Sandi, I hope your youngest is doing ok.

Dh took me to St. Louis today, and I bought 2 of the cutest sleepers... couldn't resist :

I have to call and make a DR. appt soon though, since I am sooo high risk and miscarry alot...
But I can feel that this baby is going to be super healthy!
#145 of 244 Old 10-20-2003, 10:34 AM

Tooby,
I agree with Robin that if it will put your mind at ease, you should go ahead and see your doctor. I'm sure you'll feel much better when you find out everything is fine. I would feel the same way you do if I were in your shoes.

I've been feeling pretty good, a little tired though. When did nausea start for you guys? I'm 5 weeks today, but I can't remember when I started feeling sick with my last pregnancy. I've already been craving weird foods. Mostly processed foods that I would typically not eat! I'm thinking that in a couple of weeks, I may not be able to eat anything at all, like with my last pregnancy! I haven't called my midwife to schedule an appointment yet. I think I'll do that today.
#146 of 244 Old 10-20-2003, 02:24 PM

I always thought at 8 weeks an ectopic would have burst through already. My mother had one and she almost died, so that fear lurks in my mind.

I am 8 weeks today and just had my 3rd horrible dream about m/c, with fetal parts and all. Has anyone had dreams like these and then had all be well?
#147 of 244 Old 10-20-2003, 06:26 PM

Greaseball, I had these dreams with Eli and he was just fine. I "talked" to him about them, actually, and told him that it was okay if he had to leave, but he had to do it by a certain time (I think I said before I was 8 weeks along). Made me feel better about it, even if it sounds a bit strange!

Doodlebugsmom: I've been worrying about this a bit myself. With Eli, I was sick as a dog about 4 days before af was due. With this one, I'm just hungry all the time but not sick at all. I've had these headaches that vaguely suggest morning sickness to me, but not the driving urge to toss everything I've ever considered eating that I had with the first pregnancy. I am 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant today. *shrug* I am just chalking it up to each pregnancy being different (please god, let it be different!!) and trying to enjoy it.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#148 of 244 Old 10-20-2003, 06:54 PM

If I ovulated on or about the 9th, what should my beta level be?
#149 of 244 Old 10-20-2003, 07:04 PM

Okay, this sucks. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy. I feel like hurling all day long. My prenatals have a new stench that is quite unpleasant. I've been drinking ginger brew all day. That seems to help some. While I'm drinking it. The second I'm done, I feel like hurling again. No actual hurling, just that feeling all day long.

On another note, my dog knows. He has been acting out for the past three weeks despite getting walked more than ever. He's eating trash, standing up to eat stuff off the counter, digging out of the fence and roaming the neighborhood. Last night he woke me up at 1:00 by hacking, hacking, hacking in the bedroom. He never comes into my room at night.

This is just a vent, I guess. Ready for that 12 week mark when being preggo starts to feel good (at least last time anyway).
#150 of 244 Old 10-20-2003, 07:33 PM

Eilonwy, I'm hungry all the time too! Only for gross stuff like Taco Bell though. I'm thinking last time I started feeling nauseous at around 7 weeks, I'm 5 today. Maybe this time will be different though. That wouldn't be so bad. Last time I felt nauseous constantly, but never vomited. I just couldn't eat anything. That's why I'm indulging in some of my cravings now! I'm afraid in a week or two, I won't be able to eat a thing!

Seedling, that really sucks that you're feeling so bad. Maybe you could try a different kind of prenatal. I take Advanced Natalcare and have never had a problem with them. I don't notice an odor or anything. I've been taking them for 2 1/2 years now. They're prescription, so if you don't have a prescrip plan they may be expensive. Weird about your dog. I swear mine never knew a thing last time until I brought dd home from the birth center!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page