Any June Mommas-to-be out there?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 244 Old 09-24-2003, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can't possibly be the first one, since my EDD is the 9th. I just got a this morning, I'm only about 11 DPO, but feeling so yucky already, lol!

Anyway, I'm so excited to finally be over here

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#2 of 244 Old 09-24-2003, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay Rubelin! Welcome! I remember you from the 2ww thread. I'm on the May thread, but my edd is 5/29, so who knows? I thought I might hang out both places! Glad you're here!
#3 of 244 Old 09-24-2003, 08:56 AM

Rube! My friend Rube! You're here! Yeah! Welcome!!!

I'm so glad you made it over here! Here's to a wonderful, healthy, happy pregnancy! YEAH!!!

(I'm due most likely in mid March) But, wish all of you June mamas a wonderful journey!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#4 of 244 Old 09-24-2003, 09:34 AM

Rube!! How exciting! Many congratulations and vibes!

Now I'll have something to look forward to in June!
#5 of 244 Old 09-24-2003, 05:30 PM

congrats!! I am a April mama but wanted to wish you luck. I am sure the rest of the june mama's will be popping in at anytime now. HOW FUN!!!
#6 of 244 Old 09-24-2003, 07:35 PM

Just got the today too, so I think that puts my EDD in June, though I don't know for sure yet (and won't, till it's born!) Sooo many things to do...find a midwife...call my health insurance company...call all the family and friends...get dd into a bed so we can steal her crib...cancel the dental x-rays...buy clothes...

I'm not even sick yet, but I bet I will be!
#7 of 244 Old 09-24-2003, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi there! my EDD is may 31at but that is teetering on the edge i would say! so i will probably deliver in june too.
congrats rubelin and greaseball!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#8 of 244 Old 09-25-2003, 07:27 PM

Well, I got my first semi-negative comment! I went to the student health center to get a written conformation for insurance and all that, since they do free testing for students, and I explained that I had gotten a + at home and she asked if I planned it and I said I did, so that way I wouldn't have to listen to a bunch of abortion talk and sympathy, and she tells me "We don't offer the free tests for students who seek pregnancy."

No big deal if I have to have the fee taken from my student account, but really, what's the difference?

So I explained that it actually happened a lot sooner than I thought it would and that if I had known how I would only have to try for 3 weeks, I would have waited a few months! So it was unplanned in that sense! But no go...oh well. I got the + I wanted, that's all that matters!
#9 of 244 Old 09-26-2003, 05:35 PM

Woo hoo you guys! I was a June mama in 2001, and I'm really excited for you!

Kristine
#10 of 244 Old 09-26-2003, 05:51 PM

Hey rueblin...I made it with you this cycle!

I have my first pre-natal appt on my birthday Oct 14th...so exciting!
I did the due date calc on a pg site and it says I would be due around June 2nd......so ...we will see..........
Ds #1 was right on time for his due date.....lol...

So exciting!

Free To Be~
Traci
"Living is learning and when kids are living fully and energetically and happily they are learning a lot, even if we don't always know what it is."
~John Holt 

#11 of 244 Old 09-26-2003, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

OOH, it's so good to see all you newly preggo mommas!! I saw the Dr today and told her the wrong O date I didn't realize until I was driving home, no wonder she said I couldn't have gotten a yet! Anyway, they did a quant hcg, so that will show enough. I also went to my LLL toddler group today and got some great leads for MW's.

I had Ben tell my Mom & Dad today, it was so cute! My mom was way excited and even my dad (mr grumpy-pants) looked amused Yesterday Ben wanted to know if the baby's head was in my head so we talked about the uterus, and at lunch he told DH "Daddy, the baby is in the universe!" DH was It was so funny!

Ok, gotta run, my mom is bringing Ben home any minute and I have lots to finish up (friday is my momma time alone)

Hope you have a great weekend!

#12 of 244 Old 09-27-2003, 01:24 PM

DD doesn't understand when I point to my belly and say "Baby!" because she knows what a belly is and what a baby is.
#13 of 244 Old 09-27-2003, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

greaseball, how old is your dd?? Ben is 3 and really seems to understand this pretty well. I also have a pregancy book (Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Miriam Stoppard) that has really good pics so he could see what the heck I was talking aobut

#14 of 244 Old 09-27-2003, 10:30 PM

She is 21 months now. She'll be 2.5 for the birth, so I want to get her some homebirth videos.
#15 of 244 Old 09-28-2003, 12:41 PM

hey robin i know you...well, more your dh from another online gathering...and we met and had dinner a few times waaaaaaay back when i lived in arizona (hope that reminds you enough!)

anyway. i didn't share my news over there but i'm due june 1. not sure how much i will be able to be around here but i was just (as usual) lurking and saw this and wanted to say hi and congrats to you all.
#16 of 244 Old 09-28-2003, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

RIOT!!! OMG!! Can I go tell Dan??? (Ok, I will have to anyway, so I hope it's OK with you, lol!) Dan had trouble sharing over there, too, with all the recent ugliness IRT babies in general, IYKWIM? It is so good to see you here! I've been thinking of telling him to send you over here cause I thought you'd dig the community, I'm so happy you found it on your own! It's so exciting we're due the same week! I just recalculated yesterday and it looks like my EDD is the 4th, but I'm hoping to go late so that Ben can have his B-day first. It probably sounds silly, but I really don't want his day overshadowed by the new babe, KIWM?? Anyway, ACK! I must run downstairs and share. Hope you're having a good weekend!

#17 of 244 Old 09-30-2003, 02:13 PM

We interviewed a MW yesterday. Sometimes she sounded like she was a little into over-management, and she said she "requires" u/s if I go past 42 weeks, and also requires a GD test, although I won't have to drink the sweet drink. She is not licensed as a MW, but practices with one who is, and she is also a pharmacist so she can get antibiotics w/o a prescription if I test gbs + again. Dh felt like she would be a good match, so I think I will see her for a few appointments and see how things go.

She says she is supportive of UC if that's what the parents want, and that she's willing to be totally hands-off and let me or dh do the catching, and that dd can be there too.

The other thing I didn't like was that she uses the doppler during labor, but she said she didn't have to use it during prenatals.

So I'll give her a try for a few appointments and write up a plan and see what she and the backup think.
#18 of 244 Old 09-30-2003, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

I have a couple of leads on MWs that my friends have/are using, but I'm waiting a bit. I felt so rushed to do everything with Ben, this time I feel like it's no big deal. I did see my family Dr last Friday and she did a blood test, which showed up exactly 4 wks For any testing, I will have to see an OB through our HMO (since the MW will be entirely out-of-pocket) I'm putting that WAY off, especially since the one OB office that our med. group uses is from the most medical hospitals in the city and I don't think they will be thrilled to know that I'm having a homebirth.

#19 of 244 Old 10-01-2003, 07:58 AM

This is my first post at Mothering (though I've lurked for years). I just found out this week that I'm pregnant with my second child. I think I'll be due around June 8th. Meet with the midwife on Saturday and have already told all our friends and family. Guess this explains why I've wanted to do nothing but sleep.
#20 of 244 Old 10-01-2003, 02:55 PM

UUGGHH.
i feel so uke
well i guess i am pregnant!
last night and the night before i kept waking up feel horribly nauseaus, and this morning when i woke up i ended up puking up bile--i know i know TMI ! sorry i apologize...it was very gross...the sickness is from my stomach being empty-hence the nighttime sick..when i eat 9 timers out of 10 i feel better for about an hour, then time for more food!...but if i learned anything from my last pregnancy it will get worse and it wont matter if i have eaten or not..
whats worse about it this time around is i have DS(3), DSS(2), another boy (2) and two girls (2,3) in my care most of the day....the hardest thing is cooking lunch for them... it's truely gross because i want to eat so few things and of course they need a nice variety filled diet....yuck
well i hope everyone else is feeling better!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#21 of 244 Old 10-01-2003, 06:22 PM

Here I am!

I am officially joining you guys here!

I started getting *teeny tiny* positives on Sunday, and they have gotten darker since.

Gotta run now to pck up kids...but I am glad to be here!
#22 of 244 Old 10-01-2003, 08:36 PM

Well, I got my BFP last wednesday (9dpo), went to have blood drawn at the Midwife's on Friday and again on Monday. Now it finally seems real!

My progesterone levels are good (23 @11dpo, 31 @14 dpo), and the hcg is great, too (114 @11po, 422@14dpo). According to my charting, I'm due June 7th, according to the nurse's little wheel I'm due June 2nd.

Congrats to everyone!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#23 of 244 Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 PM

Does anyone else not really feel pregnant? I'm only 5.5 weeks, but I'm not even sick. It all looks and feels the same...
#24 of 244 Old 10-01-2003, 10:20 PM

WELCOME Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im glad after spending the last three months with you now we will hang out here.
WELCOME queen of cups- so do you think you got your little twinies?? i think twins would be cool

#25 of 244 Old 10-01-2003, 11:07 PM

Maybe, liz! I have an u/s on the 13th - we'll see then! My hcg levels are a bit high, and since I got pregnant the first month off the Pill my chances are 50% higher than normal!

I'm thrilled either way, though!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#26 of 244 Old 10-06-2003, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

So, how are all you June mommas-to-be doing?? Everyone feeling good?? I'm still feeling yucky most of the time, but it's so much better than it was with DS that I'm trying to be positive about it. I am so exhausted, though, and wanting to nap so bady in the afternoon, but if I did, DS would either bounce all over me or tear up the house I can't wait until December to get that happy 2nd trimester surge of energy!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!!

#27 of 244 Old 10-06-2003, 01:00 AM

I am not really feeling much of anything yet. Of course *that* worries me! Yes, I am wishing for some nausea or something...but I think in the past, it hasn't started until about 5-6 weeks.

Robin, did you say you were due June 9th? Just curious, because FF gave me a due date of June 10th, but you got your BFP a few days before I did. I really put little to no faith in due dates, but I was just curious.
#28 of 244 Old 10-06-2003, 02:04 AM

Howdy!

I'm new to MDC and I'm expecting near the beginning of June. I actually came to this board in an attempt to find a group of ladies to go though pregnancy with who weren't as full of some of the mainstream bs I've found on other boards.

I got a faint BFP on Thursday, Oct. 2 after getting a negative on Sept 25, which I think was about 14 DPO. Of course, my charts have been really screwy due to still nursing, so I don't know exactly when I O'd. The 11th, which is when O most likely happened, was already cd18.

I'm really confused about just how pregnant I am, because my clothes are already getting tight on me, but it took so long to get a positive result, with a fairly sensitive test.

Other than tight pants, I'm getting zits, which I've virtually never gotten in my life. I'm not sure which is worse, the zits or the non-stop heartburn of my last pregnancy.

I'm planning an HBAC, possibly unassisted. We're going to have to move, no matter what we decide on, though.

I don't plan to see any medical people until at least 4 months, and possibly not at all. I've been looking into prices for the protein/glucose test strips and am seriously considering just doing my own testing. I might see a doctor enough to get an ultrasound done to determine placenta position, since if it's over the scar, I may have to change my plans.

Dh is getting his usual couvade's morning sickness. Poor guy! I didn't get sick at all last pregnancy, but he felt sick until I gave birth.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#29 of 244 Old 10-06-2003, 03:32 AM

Lisa-marie,
Nice to meet you!

I am planing on a UC this time also. My last 4 were born at home, first three in the hospital. I am also thinking of doing my own pre-natals. Oh yeah, I am also still nursing! :LOL

Which test did you use that gave you a negative? I ask because I had used First Response Early Result before af was due and got faint-but-getting-darker positives up until the day before af was due. I ran out of tests, but wanted to be sure, so I used an EPT on the day af was due, and it was barely visible. I was a bit worried, afraid something was wrong, so I bought another FRER and used in late afternoon, and it was almost immediately. The pack of EPT had one left, so i used it this morning, now I am three days late, and it came up a BFN . No I am not really obsessed.....they are just sitting around here...I am actually going to be giving away my leftovers here soon. :LOL

Well, it's late.....have a great day!
#30 of 244 Old 10-06-2003, 08:21 AM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with tight fitting clothes so far Davaskyla. I've only got one pair of jeans that is still remotely comfortable. Sheesh. Has anybody here heard about jean extenders? I saw a woman with them at a party a year ago and now I think I must have dreamed it. It was basically just this elasticy fabricy thing that you hooked onto your existing jeans so you could wear them longer. I'm turning up nothing at the local stores.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page