did you feel fatigue right before labor began? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-24-2003, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious...
Since yesterday afternoon I have been so tired--absolutely exhausted. I am sleepy great at night lately so I don't know why. I know some people get an energy boost before labor, just wondering if this too could be a sign that labor is near...or is it probably just more 3rd trimester fun?
fwiw, my contractions seem to be increasing some too, although they're not painful at all and i don't think they're regular either...haven't bothered timing them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-24-2003, 07:19 PM

I had a burst of energy a week before birth, but for a few days leading up to the big day I was really tired and really did not want to be around people.
#3 of 5 Old 09-24-2003, 09:14 PM

A week before my son's birth I was miserable. I just wanted to lie around. I would go for a walk to keep things moving, but I was just tired of being pregnant. I had reached my threshold.

Except for the m/s I really enjoyed my pregnancy. I was happy and healthy. Then, that last week came and I did a 180. It was as if I just quit. I wasn't even to my due date, but some emotional switch had been flipped. I was done! Is that what you're feeling?

I should also note that I had ctx for 2 weeks leading up to my son's birth. I was up for about 7 different nights with ctx 2-3 minutes apart for 6-8 hours. Then, the sun would come up and they would stop. I was exhausted. But it was sooooo well worth it!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#4 of 5 Old 09-25-2003, 02:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Give it up, girl, you ain't goin' before me!!!

I've been really tired, but the past few days I've been kind of energetic. But if I relax at all, I fall asleep. Of course, at night I wake up and I'm not getting enough sleep, so that is why I think.
#5 of 5 Old 09-25-2003, 02:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My sister said she was really tired the day or two before her dd's birth, but I've been mostly exhausted for over a week now, with brief bursts where I actually feel like doing something other than sleep or eat coming fewer and farther between with each passing day.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page