Could I be pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-22-2008, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
**Two Updates Below**

So bear with me....

My period started on March 23, well, kind-of started. The oddest cycle yet since my period returned a year ago after my last sons birth. It was spotty and random but then on March 25th it really started. It was a six day cycle (counting starting on March 23rd.)

So about a week ago I started feeling completely exhausted. Going to bed at 9:30, instead of 11:00. Falling asleep when laying my ds down for his nap (which is very very rare that I'd fall asleep before last week.)

Feeling a bit nauseus and dizzy for the past couple days.

Having very intense dreams at night and waking up sweaty and disoriented. Usually I'm a light sleep and rarely remember my dreams.

So, I took a pregnancy test this weekend on the morning of Sunday, April 20th. It came out negative. It was one of those Early Detection First Response, which I've heard are really good at picking up pregnancies.

What do you think? Is it possible to be pregnant even if the test didn't pick it up this past weekend?

My cycle is usually 30 days long.

Any ideas?

Thanks wise Mama's!

Early morning: now I'm crampy in my lower abodomen and my back aches. I usually don't get cramps with my period but I wonder if maybe it's on it's way. I'm almost too anxious to test again. I guess the fact that I know it's my last cycle before his vasectomy makes me just want to hold onto this whimsical feeling of "just maybe." I'll be so sad if my period arrives.

This whole situation is playing with my head.

So, my sister told me that if I went to Costco and bought the box of Regular (Not Early Detection) Tests which has four in it, she'd buy the remaining from me. So I journeyed to Costco. Bought the box. Came home and fretted for a bit and then figured "Get this over with." So, I took the test and I couldn't see anything but the regular old single line. Then I looked closer and closer and closer and I think I I see almost a shadow of a line. Barely, un-photographable line. It's one of those lines where I wonder if I might be imagining it. Jeez...... I actually broke the test apart to see if I could get a closer look and I swear there is something there. Hhhhmmm.

This is seriously making me nuts.

So, Mamas that know the whole fertility cycle... what do you make of this.... Right now, when I'm suppose be getting my period I have thick white cervical fluid. Is this normal before your period. I wish I knew more about this stuff....

Stay At Home Mama to Three Sons (11, 9, and 8.)  Many, many miscarriages in the past 8 years.  chicken3.gif
#2 of 8 Old 04-22-2008, 01:15 AM

Hi! You might be! I didn't get a possitive test until I was 2 days late with both babies. I used the 'early response' test also. Maybe wait and retest in the morning!

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
#3 of 8 Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 AM

its definitely possible.... i'd wait and retest when you're officially 1 day late
#4 of 8 Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 AM

If you had sex there's always that possibility.

Good luck!
#5 of 8 Old 04-22-2008, 11:54 AM

I didn't get a positive until 12 weeks. I'd say, that if you know, you just know. It sounds like you may be. I second waiting awhile longer before testing again.

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#6 of 8 Old 05-01-2008, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for all their responses.

So.... to answer the question, "Was I pregnant?" Check out my signature line!

Yippee.... I'm in heaven.

Now to join the Due Date Club!

Stay At Home Mama to Three Sons (11, 9, and 8.)  Many, many miscarriages in the past 8 years.  chicken3.gif
#7 of 8 Old 05-01-2008, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Congrats!!!
#8 of 8 Old 05-01-2008, 02:33 PM

Thats awesome! I was going to say that I thought you were. I didn't get my bfp until the 23rd, which was 13 dpo for me. I got a "not pregnant" the day before that.

Husband and Wife 4/03, Ds1 9/03, Dd1 8/06, Ds2 12/08, Dd2 due 1/11...bfing, co-sleeping, cding, ecing, bwing, ucing, no-more vaxing, no-more circ'ing, hsing, conservative Christian family.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page