PG after TTC 12+ Months: Pilot Thread... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 109 Old 08-09-2008, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here too now! It was our 15th I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. Morning sickness going good and strong if I don't snack all day long. I love my preggo boobs! Loving actually feeling pregnant. I work as a waitress so my super smell has made my job hell.

GLad to see so many familiar names! Lets get this back on the front page.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#62 of 109 Old 08-09-2008, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey Rochelle!

My nose is giving me grief, too! I never knew smell was so important until now. I know when any one of my neighbors is cooking with garlic (my current nemesis) these days.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#63 of 109 Old 08-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Congrats to all you ladies, some familiar and some not (yet). I think I'm ready to join the club. I'm about 6 weeks. We conceived with IVF and I've had my 3 betas and 1st ultrasound. The ultrasound showed two sacs, but we coudn't see anything in the sacs yet. I'm praying it's just too early. In fact, I'm terrified of losing this pregnancy, most because of how long it took to get here and the fact that I really don't want to go thru all that again. Also, we're not telling anyone until around 12 weeks. So...here I am...holding my breath until we see a heartbeat (or two). Weekly ultrasounds are the plan until that time. Please send me sticky vibes.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#64 of 109 Old 08-11-2008, 11:36 AM

Hi everyone and congratulations!! :

I'm just checking in. All is going well with me! I'm now out of the first trimester so that is very exciting. I never really had bad nausea, just a general queasiness and some gagging. It's getting better everyday and my energy is returning. I'm really starting to show which I absolutely love! The first trimester went by so. so. slowly. I'm hoping time starts to move a little more normally for me now. February seems so far away!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#65 of 109 Old 08-18-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
I'm afraid I'm losing this one. Again.

:

i'm sending you hugs! do not despair! Baby dust!
#66 of 109 Old 08-20-2008, 12:35 AM

Julia'sMom, glad to see you here!!

Overall, I'm feeling good. I freaked out yesterday before my nuchal transluceny ultrasound. I'm ACTUALLY pregnant!! I HAVE a baby IN ME!! Then I felt a little silly because I have wanted our baby for so long but now that it is actually happening, I'm like, what have I done?!?!?

My mom is anxious to start buying baby things. She's started buying me some maternity clothes! Which is great because I'm not comfortable in my regular clothes, even with the pants unbuttoned and unzipped and we are definately short on funds. I don't NEED them yet but it's just so much more comfortable!!

How's everyone else doing?
#67 of 109 Old 08-20-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kssinca View Post
How's everyone else doing?
Just a few more weeks until she's here!! Had one last ultrasound today because of some of the health issues I've had this pregnancy and everything looks great. She scored 8/8 on the biophysical. I've got all my homebirth supplies ready and organized. We're making some progress on the nursery too.
#68 of 109 Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM

Lisa, yay!!! you're almost there to meeting your little one!!! I'm glad your ultrasound looked great! :
#69 of 109 Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM

Yay Lisa!! Congratulations!!!

I still have so long to go! I'm 15 weeks today and heard the heartbeat at my midwives appt!!! I was so nervous about it but it was loud and strong and around 150-160 bpm!

I also need to start maternity clothes shopping. There is no good places where I live so I'm going to have to make a day trip to Toronto which I just haven't had the time to do. But I guess I better get on that!

#70 of 109 Old 08-21-2008, 03:37 PM

Hey Gillian, I think we're in the same DDC! hahaha, I guess I never noticed.

I'm only almost 13 weeks and I already started wearing some maternity tops. It just FEELS better. My mom has been buying me some tops; I think she wants to start buying baby stuff but is consoling herself with buying me maternity clothes.

I haven't heard my baby's heartbeat yet.

I'm glad to hear that your pg is going well!
#71 of 109 Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 PM

How's everyone feeling?

While my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful (a couple of bleeding worries) I still can't believe that I am actually with baby! Does anyone else feel like it's all just a dream?
#72 of 109 Old 09-03-2008, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hello,
It took me 12 months exactly. Can I come play?

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#73 of 109 Old 09-04-2008, 12:38 AM

Congrats again Kriket! I found out today that a really close friend of mine is pregnant finally after trying for 7 and a half years!!!!! And all on her own because she has such a strong faith that she never felt the need to seek out help which AMAZES me. Time is just dragging by. I'm a little over 10 weeks and haven't had a prenatal or anything yet so it doesn't feel real all the time. I can't suck my belly in as far so I'm starting to look like I've been chowing down on donuts for the past 6 weeks. I can't wait to hear this little one's heartbeat and I'm so thrilled I get to share my pregnancy with all you lovely ladies.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#74 of 109 Old 09-04-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
How's everyone feeling?

While my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful (a couple of bleeding worries) I still can't believe that I am actually with baby! Does anyone else feel like it's all just a dream?
I've got 9 more days to go, but still feeling pukey. I can't wait till that's over with!
#75 of 109 Old 09-04-2008, 03:13 PM

Hi kriket!! So glad you joined us here!!
#76 of 109 Old 09-04-2008, 03:16 PM

SimplyRochelle,

I'm a little further along than you and eventhough I have had an ultrasound already, I still wonder if I REALLY am pregnant! I've started wearing maternity tops just because they feel soooo much more comfortable! I like the extra room!! And that helps make it more obvious that I am pregnant and not just getting fat.
#77 of 109 Old 09-04-2008, 03:17 PM

Lisa, still pukey??! yikes!!! But like you said, you're almost there!!
#78 of 109 Old 09-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Lisa, still pukey??! yikes!!! But like you said, you're almost there!!
Yeah. I have hyperemesis though so I guess it's to be expected. I have had several days/weeks though of feeling totally fine where I actually got to enjoy the pregnancy, so that's been good. It's just always a shocker to me after feeling fine for awhile and then having a yucky day out of no where.
#79 of 109 Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM

Hey ladies!!

Congrats to the newbies!!

Lisa - That's awful that you have been sick for so long It will all be worth it soon

I'm now 17 weeks : I have my first ultrasound on September 24th and we are going to find out the gender (hopefully, if our little one cooperates). I felt some big movement the other night, I woke up and I was on my stomach and felt some strong squirming in there, so I flipped over. I can't wait for the first kick!

#80 of 109 Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 PM

Hey Ladies,

It is nice to see some familiar faces on "the other side". I got my BFP about a week ago, and it is still sinking in. I went to a first appointment with an RE last cycle, and the plan was to call on CD 1 to schedule the HSG and possibly start monitoring that cycle. Well, cycle day 1 never came. This is month 17 (or 16?) of trying and I am so excited.

I think this thread is a great idea, and a good way to keep in touch with people we got to know but who are not in our due date clubs.
#81 of 109 Old 09-08-2008, 12:22 AM

Welcome blueRhino!!!

The hot weather has NOT been helping. I do not do well in the heat and I think it's been giving me more headaches. On top of that, my 96 yr old f-i-l *thinks* he loves the heat until he gets overheated and he keeps fighting DH and I when we tell him it's too hot!! sigh...

So I've been having pains below my belly, where my baby is and eventhough everyone keeps telling me it's too soon to feel the baby, I swear it MUST be the baby!! I don't feel flutters... I feel like, OW stop poking me!!
#82 of 109 Old 09-11-2008, 12:59 AM

Bump. First midwife appt. a week from today. Super excited.

#83 of 109 Old 09-11-2008, 10:29 AM

Hey Ladies...

Not much going on here. I will be at my first mw appointment at the end of the month, I guess around 9 weeks.

Here is a question I have for this thread. In general, do you think that your struggle TTC has made you more cautious in the way you handle your pregnancy?

For example, before I was TTC, I thought I would drink coffee in moderation during my pregnancy, thinking the studies were inconclusive and there was no reason to be panicked my everything during pregnancy. Now, I feel a little more scared of m/c, I am sure in part because I don't assume I can get pregnant again easily. (Not that m/c aren't difficult even if you can conceive easily after.) Also I think I have a little less faith in my body than I did before this whole thing. Anyway, I am trying to make a concerted effort to let go off that and just have a normal pregnancy and use moderation to guide my decisions.
#84 of 109 Old 09-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueRhino View Post
Here is a question I have for this thread. In general, do you think that your struggle TTC has made you more cautious in the way you handle your pregnancy?

For example, before I was TTC, I thought I would drink coffee in moderation during my pregnancy, thinking the studies were inconclusive and there was no reason to be panicked my everything during pregnancy. Now, I feel a little more scared of m/c, I am sure in part because I don't assume I can get pregnant again easily. (Not that m/c aren't difficult even if you can conceive easily after.) Also I think I have a little less faith in my body than I did before this whole thing. Anyway, I am trying to make a concerted effort to let go off that and just have a normal pregnancy and use moderation to guide my decisions.
I was definitely more careful.

As far as faith in my body... had some issues with that too... especially after having HG and a thyroid issue pop up during the pregnancy... then I read Ina May and got so much confidence. My midwife has really helped with this too.

Now I'm completely confident that this is what my body was made to do.
#85 of 109 Old 09-11-2008, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am very much more cautious. I haven't been to the Dr and I am very nervous that they are going to say that it's all in my head and that I am not really PG. Its scary. *sigh*

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#86 of 109 Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Yes, I am definitely more careful than I think I might've been otherwise. When I first started out, I didn't really understand people being so "uptight" about things like caffeine or cheese or whatever...it just seemed paranoid to me. But now, I am scared to do anything to jeopardize this, not only because I am already "attached," but also because I worry that if I had to "start over," I wouldn't be able to conceive again.

#87 of 109 Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 PM

I was definately more paranoid. I had a couple of bleeding episodes and I automatically thought the worst and I was so scared that it would take us another two years to conceive. However, everything is fine so far. Although, I do have worries in the back of my mind... a friend's cousin TTC for 10 yrs, went for IVF, conceived twins and ended up losing them around 6 months.

I'm trying to have faith in my body and the big picture and just live my life as "normal" as possible. But I am definately resting my body a lot more than I normally would! I feel a bit sluggish/lazy about it sometimes but I remind myself that this is not the time to "prove" what a superwoman I am!
#88 of 109 Old 09-13-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket View Post
I am very much more cautious. I haven't been to the Dr and I am very nervous that they are going to say that it's all in my head and that I am not really PG. Its scary. *sigh*
I feel the same way! Especially now that I'm getting so close to the 2nd trimester and not really feeling any symptoms right now. I can't wait for my appt. just so someone else can tell me I'm pregnant and it's not all in my head.

Having to wait so long has just made it feel so unreal to me.

#89 of 109 Old 10-13-2008, 02:41 PM

Just bumping this, checking in and moving this thread back up!

(Here, I am sick with a bad chest cold, but my nausea seems to be much, much better this week! We have our ultrasound next Monday (OH MY GOSH!) and I am very excited to see the baby as a baby (we had one at 7 weeks and it was just a little blur back then), but also scared that something will be or go "wrong" (it's just a vague fear, ranging from the worst case scenario (something I try to tell myself cannot be true, as I am almost certain I have felt some movement) to smaller things (a placenta problem, wrong-size baby, some bad side effect from having to take medicine for nausea in trimester one, or having to take allergy and asthma meds in trimester two etc.). My mom is flying up for the ultrasound and I am so scared there will be something wrong, but I am glad she will be there either way.)

#90 of 109 Old 11-21-2008, 12:42 AM

Hi ladies!!

Just checking in... how is everyone doing??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page