Is there a pregnant over 40 thread? - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 328 Old 08-21-2008, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
veganmama, i'm so sorry....

I haven't been around much lately...busy and tired, but doing ok at 15 wks. More later hopefully.....
#302 of 328 Old 08-22-2008, 09:55 AM

Veganmama! I'm so sorry!

Lucky wife to DH and mom to DS (10/02) and sweet DD (7/08) and DSD (3/93) and assorted animalia
#303 of 328 Old 08-22-2008, 04:36 PM

Sorry about your loss, Veganmama. I have been through one M/C and it was very painful, physically and emotionally. But I got lucky only three months later and had my beautiful DS at 42. He is almost 2 yrs old now.

My DH and I decided on only one child. Mother nature had other plans, because I am now 8 weeks and I just had a birthday two days ago. We were using other methods of b/c that obviously didn't work and we both must be very fertile.

However, my first appointment with an ultrasound is not until Sept 5th. By that time I will be 10, 11 weeks. I couldn't get an earlier appointment, even when I told them about the previous m/c. I'm a little worried. My m/c was at about 10 weeks. The doctors knew ahead of time, but it was my first time through it and I didn't believe them that there wasn't a heartbeat (bascially I had no clue about anything that first time around) and I decided I was going to let the m/c happen naturally. That was a mistake. My DH and I were moving to another state and I was starting a new job. The evening before I was to start my first day on the new job, I had the m/c at home and was hemmoraging heavily. Stuff everywhere. I was really scared. I wound up in the ER with lots of pain meds. I don't want to go there again if this doesn't happen. I would rather have a D&C.

Please be thinking of me when I go in for my appointment on Sept 5. I think if I see a heartbeat, it's a go. I am very excited to have another baby, but I'm not excited about the prospect of going back to work (working full time with one at my age was hard enough) and it's going to be during my busiest season at work when the baby arrives (early April). I'm also not excited about going through the pregnancy itself--I gained 50 pounds because I was constantly hungry. And then I got very bad heartburn from 6 months to the end of the pregnancy that was relentless--no matter what I ate. I also started to develop symptoms of pre-clampsia, but luckily it wasn't until the 8th month. I had to be on bed rest (or lying down) the two weeks before.
My doctor induced me at 38 weeks. This time I want it to happen naturally without being induced. I never got protein in my pee, but I did get constant high blood pressure. At one point, even after I had the baby, it was up to 160/90. Most of the time it stayed at 150/90 those last two weeks but it was rather unnerving. I don't want that again.

What I'm most happy about is that my younger DH is happy to have another child. He was adamant about only having one, but a few months ago began making strange comments, like how nice it would be to have a girl, etc..

I still have symtoms, mostly mine is fatigue and a feeling like I am at high altitude with a girgling stomach. My DS is still nursing and co-sleeping, but it is really hurting my nipples, they are very sore. When does that stop if ever, or would I have to wean him? I don't want to tandem nurse if I do have a successful birth. I would rather he stop right before the new one is born.

Minaret
#304 of 328 Old 08-23-2008, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
veganmama

Mom of two girls.
#305 of 328 Old 08-29-2008, 02:44 PM

how is everyone? im 35.5 right now. feeling like i cant breathe but other than that, im fine.
#306 of 328 Old 08-30-2008, 09:09 AM

Hello all:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, veganmama. I also had two losses where I thought I was pregnant for several weeks longer than I actually was and it really affected my confidence in my sense of my body, it's such a heartbreak--I feel for you.

I went through with the amnio two weeks ago and got my results back mid-week that everything looks normal. We'll have our 18w ultrasound next Wednesday. I'm relieved and starting to feel more confident that I will not be having another loss and that--get ready--we are having a baby in Feb.!

I'm looking bigger right in the middle and most people who see me likely know I am pregnant. I haven't "announced" it to the community yet and I'm planning to tell our kids after I come back from a 3-night business trip next week (my first)....who knows, it's a complicated time with preschool starting, nursing down to morning only, my son on the verge of leaving diapers behind--all going so well and I still don't want to rock the boat.....but my shape is becoming unmistakeable! My son said the other day "hey what's going on here, there's a lot of food in there!

I am so grateful to be getting past the point of being preoccupied with whether this pregnancy will continue or not and just enjoy and stay healthy.

Ninafel, 43
b/g twins 8/05
currently 17.5 weeks
4 losses
#307 of 328 Old 09-14-2008, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Oh goodness we just nearly lost this thread, we were way down the list!

Ninafel, how did your Ultrasound go?

How is everyone? I'm older than the last time I posted Actually I'm kind of feeling it...I've been beyond exhausted for the last week and my midwife had some bloodwork drawn. I really almost hope there is something wrong that I can address rather than it just being "41 and pregnant" We'll see.
#308 of 328 Old 09-14-2008, 08:38 PM

im 38 weeks tomorrow. we had our home visit yesterday w/ the MW's and got our birthing pool (my MW found one w/ teh jets!! yeh!!). im so excited to meet this baby!
#309 of 328 Old 09-16-2008, 12:15 AM

i am still here but now on bedrest as my cervical length was only 1.8 cm last week. i just got some money from my dad and was hoping to finally at age 40 buy a real honest to goodness dining room table and chairs w it but instead it looks like it will be paying my babysitter! oh well. ( i cook a lot and we always have people visiting so it would have been nice to have somewhere decent to eat our meals instead of our ancient beat up and stickered kitchen table!)

the baby's femurs (thigh bones) are also measuring pretty small for some reason. it can be a marker for Down syndrome altho usually the humerii (upper arm bones) are also too small and hers are fine. it's not a skeletal thing like dwarfism. so nothing to do but wait and see if it means anything. she is overall small too.

ninafel what are you having? glad your amnio was ok!
minaret what did your scan show?
passionate writer we can't wait to hear your birth story!
avivaelona i hope you start feeling better. if you are still on bedrest i think that wears you out more than your age!

i will be so glad when this baby is out and hopefully ok. i have done nothing but worry since i knew i was pg.longest pg ever...
#310 of 328 Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

I'm just starting to get off bedrest and move around a bit more Angela! I'm sorry you are now on it, not too long to go though, hang in there. Oh and hire the babysitter...tables are easy to find on Craig's list
#311 of 328 Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 PM

Hello everyone!

Erica, thanks for bumping the page up! Glad you are getting off bedrest and hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe the bloodwork will show something. Angela, sorry that you are going on bedrest. I am glad you have money for a sitter, though. I bet your food is great regardless of the table!

I am at 19-20 weeks now and still exhausted most days...can't quite figure that out either. Yesterday was a 'good' day, so I am thankful! I go for my u/s in 2 weeks. Don't know for sure if we'll find out boy or girl, but I think DH really wants to. We shall see!
#312 of 328 Old 12-30-2008, 10:20 PM

How is everyone doing? It's been so long I no longer remember anyone's due date....how many babes have been born already??

I am 35 weeks tomorrow and everything appears to be going well....the last couple of weeks I have really started to feel the pregnancy more and not just bop around and do my regular life. I'm tired, I'm getting big, it's all coming so soon!

I've all of a sudden gotten much more clear and creative with my 3yrs 5months twins that they must pick up their toys before moving on to the next thing. This, not so much as preparation for the baby coming but instead that I can't bend over comfortably anymore....easier to crawl around the family room on all fours than to bend down for each piece of whatever toy is strewn around.

Yet, last week found me at the grocery store with one twin on my back in the ergo, one in the seat and a full cart of groceries to be pushed around....and then carried up into the house--I must be doing okay.

I am quitting my job next week and will luckily have a few weeks of the kids in preschool 3 mornings and me with nothing to do but either prepare or rest!! This winter break week is fun but so draining to not get any time solo.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and see what's been going on with everyone, since there's been no activity since the early fall.

All the best,

Ninafel
43years 35 weeks
twin b/g 2005
4 losses
#313 of 328 Old 12-30-2008, 10:41 PM

zen was born 10/17 at 42.5 weeks

i hope you find time for rest before babe is born...i so remember the ergo/prego days ...now they are too few and far between
#314 of 328 Old 12-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninafel View Post
Yet, last week found me at the grocery store with one twin on my back in the ergo, one in the seat and a full cart of groceries to be pushed around....
Oh, ninafel! I can't imagine!!! My 2 have been sick and I've held/carried my 2.5 y/o more than I've really wanted to or felt like. He's just been so pitiful that I couldn't say no

I am 35 weeks tomorrow and am tired, big and getting clumsy, LOL! Had a check up today and everything seems fine. The dr's comment about my aches and pains was that it's "survival time" (he is a really funny guy, so i took it well )

Congratulations passionwriter! I hope things are going well for you and zen. Best wishes to everyone!
#315 of 328 Old 12-30-2008, 11:25 PM

:

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#316 of 328 Old 12-31-2008, 07:25 AM

I'm 38w4d today and am patiently awaiting Maya's arrival. She's head down and seemingly all systems are go, though it could be a while still until she actually gets here. I've got the usual miseries of late pregnancy, like feeling I'm the size of a house, hip aches and pains, fitful sleep, constant Braxton-Hicks and ankles like stumps, but generally I really don't feel too bad. For a 43-year-old I think I'm doing pretty well!

Hope you all are having smooth pregnancies!
#317 of 328 Old 01-05-2009, 04:37 PM

i had sarah anne by csection at 37 wks for iugr. she had a true knot in her cord and her placenta on path showed a listeriosis infection! she was the first of my 3 i was able to nurse in the recovery room. the other two both had to be put on oxygen right away etc. life is tiring right now (she was born nov 14 so she is 7 wks old) w 3 under 5 the holidays etc but time definitely seems sped up w this one! i am acutely aware of how fast she is changing! breastfeeding is going well except for some thrush w her but we are dealing w that.
thanks for resurrecting the thread!
#318 of 328 Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM

Congratulations Angela!
#319 of 328 Old 01-05-2009, 06:01 PM

congrats! I'm glad things are goign well for you! Hectic as it is...
#320 of 328 Old 01-06-2009, 02:19 PM

I am glad to see this thread back up. I am back, I got PG again 7 weeks after my m/c in August.

Congrats to the mamas who have given birth to their sweet babes!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#321 of 328 Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm still here. Baby is developing fine and I'm feeling pretty good. Have to find time this week or early next for the Gestational Diabetes test. My work schedule is pretty impacted, so it will probably need to be early Monday, and leave dd with dh for a few hours (Monday's my day off, and I keep dd out of daycare on that day).

Clara still wants to be picked up and snuggled--at 4 and 40+ pounds--which is definitely getting more difficult! I can do short distances, but otherwise she's on her own. It's a funny transition for her--on the one hand, she's really excited about having a baby sister; on the other, she sometimes tells me that she wants to be a baby again....

Mom of two girls.
#322 of 328 Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 AM

hi, i'm 40 and newly pregnant. also have a 2.75 yo DD nursling. i'd like to join if i may. thanks!

#323 of 328 Old 01-11-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post
hi, i'm 40 and newly pregnant. also have a 2.75 yo DD nursling. i'd like to join if i may. thanks!
Welcome!
#324 of 328 Old 01-14-2009, 07:04 PM

Checking in -- my pregnancy is going well - and it's speeding by. I'm about 31 weeks.
Last week my eldest son left for the Army. I"ve been missing him terribly and crying a little bit every day since I learned of his decision, mostly at bedtime when I'm tired.

I feel large and awkward but am blessed to be not suffering any truly unbearable side effects.

Getting a little nervous about labor...........
#325 of 328 Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 PM

We just got our BFP this morning and are so excited. This will be our 7th child and I will be 40 this year. Our kiddos are super excited and are already counting down :

Our oldest joined the Navy last year and is so dissappointed that he will not be here.
#326 of 328 Old 01-14-2009, 10:00 PM

I am 46 and just found out I am pregnant. I will be 47 in April. This will be number 9. Tentatively excited.
#327 of 328 Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 PM

I'm 42 and expecting my second in late August. Big surprise! :
#328 of 328 Old 01-15-2009, 08:43 AM

Hi again
I'm still here too, almost 30 weeks and can't complain, although I just failed my glucose challenge and now have to do the 2 hour GTT next week.

Just bought a load of baby clothes on ebay, all I need really for $35, and a carseat 1/2 price from Target so I am good to go.

My baby (boy) is doing all the right things, is head down and I am i think on track for my usual 37 week delivery.

Pleased to see there are so many of us "oldies" still around (and congrats on the scan results, VM)

Nikki

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page