baby is head down and pretty well engaged...at 30 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have definitely been feeling the babe low. Like if i walk around for a while its kinda uncomfortable and pinchy in the cervix area. And I can feel him move there too. I believe DD was like this in utero as well. At my prenatal today the midwife said he seems to be pretty well engaged. I know anything could happen, but it it likely to stay this way? That would be fabulous

BTW I am dead on with dates and measuring b/c I was charting, so theres no way I am further along.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 PM

My dd was head down at 22 weeks and never really flipped back, and was totally engaged around 30 weeks. She stayed that way until she "dropped"- I had no idea she could go any lower. And then about 2 weeks later, labor and baby. I would say that if baby is engaged, baby is probably going to stay that way, though I have heard of them changing last minute.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:10 PM

My DD dropped and engaged at 32 weeks (and therefore I ended up dilating/effacing a lot really early) and I went to 40+.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 05-07-2008, 02:52 PM

I am 30 weeks too and my baby is head down and engaged. Baby was slightly tranverse with head down and to the left a couple weeks ago, so it must have migrating down.

Mother to two great kids. &
Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 PM

With my last baby, he dropped at 28wks. The dr. thought for sure he would be early. Nope, he held on till 39wks. But let me tell you, it wasn't fun to have a dropped baby for 10wks

Thea, wife to Daniel Homeschooling Momma to 4 beautiful, engergetic children.

User Tag List