orgasms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2008, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else's uterus get really stiff after an orgasm? For me it is every time. Now that my uterus reaches past my bellybutton it is so obvious. I made dh feel it the other day. I heard that women can have 3 different types of orgasms: clitoral, vaginal and the deepest where the uterus contracts.

My sister said that she had orgasms while in labor, but did not tell the hospital staff because she thought it was weird. Anyone else with this experience?

Also, the only time I have experienced a wet dream is when I am preggo. I had no idea that women can have them too. It is great to wake up to a morning orgasm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM

i think its probably pretty normal. my uterus will feel sore afterwards and i just lay there and doze until i feel like walking again. of course my husband gets a huge ego trip off that lol

aparently orgasms during labor are not extremely uncommon, but im certainly not going to feel let down if i dont get one, haha. it does happen but i think a lot of ppl in the medical community (and america in general) deny the fact that birth can be pleasurable.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:34 PM

I have orgasms in my sleep all the time when pregnant. It's a pleasant side effect to counter balance the actual sleeping which progressively gets worse!

Rebecca, wife to DH (4-22-02), mother to DD (10-13-05) and DS (9-24-08)
Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 PM

it's completely normal for the uterus to contract during an orgasms. When I was earlier along, I'd use that as a way to judge uterus growth. Now, at 31 weeks, the contractions aren't as obvious.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
Old 05-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Uteruses (uteri?) just abot always contract after an orgasm- you just can't feel it when you're not pregnant becase your uterus is smaller.

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

Old 05-15-2008, 06:38 PM

There's a whole documentary just coming out about Orgasmic Birth. OP, you might want to check it out! You can share your story there too.

Warning: a trailer for the film auto-starts when you click on the link, and includes sensual noises.

http://www.orgasmicbirth.com/

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My orgasm has changed drastically as pregnancy has progressed. What has been true one month wasn't the next month. I think the 3-4 month range was the most intense orgasms of my life. Now at almost 39 weeks they are very meh.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andi-mama View Post
Uteruses (uteri?) just abot always contract after an orgasm- you just can't feel it when you're not pregnant becase your uterus is smaller.
: That's exactly what I was going to say. Your uterus always contracts after an orgasm -- it's just totally noticable when your uterus is huge! I always had a contraction that sometimes was painful afterwards.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

User Tag List