Did you have morning sickness? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: Did you have morning sickness?
Yes, it was hyperemisis. 21 100.00%
Yes, and it was average. 53 100.00%
Yes, but it was very minor. 15 100.00%
No 26 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
You guys are scaring me!
BE afraid. Be very afraid. I'm kidding, I don't really want you to be afraid, but really...whoever made up the term "morning" sickness should be shot. It should be called "24-hour-nausea-for-3-entire-months" sickness. It's so worth it though. SOOOOO worth it. And it DOES end. (and maybe you'll be one of those lucky ones who gets a twinge or two of nausea and then flies into a "second trimester burst of energy" (another myth for me)...

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#32 of 37 Old 05-23-2008, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"Did" I have morning sickness??? I still do. At 8.5 months pg.

I guess would say it's severity is fairly average, I haven't had to go to the hosp for an IV or anything. But by about 8 months you start wondering if it will actually go away even after childbirth. I can't imagine EVER enjoying food again, or being able to do the dishes without gagging.
#33 of 37 Old 05-23-2008, 03:06 AM

4th pregnancy (2nd child- 1st was girl, not sure what this one is yet), never had any m/s with any. My mom didn't either though (with 3 pg's, g/b/g, if there might be any connection.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#34 of 37 Old 05-23-2008, 11:09 AM

This was my first pregnancy, so I thought it was normal. My midwife informed me that not being able to keep liquids down is not actually normal. She said it was hyperemisis and I took Unisom for a few weeks. It was severe from about 9 1/2 weeks to 14 weeks. Recurring mild nausea and smell aversions (like to my fridge ) lasted the whole pregnancy.

ETA: I lost at least 5 lbs.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#35 of 37 Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Another cast iron stomach here!! I'm thankful every day I wasn't sick - so lucky - especially with twins!!
That must be me too! I am so phobic about throwing up, so I was scared to DEATH! I think I scared myself into feeling sick a few times but I never actually was. Thank God in Heaven!
#36 of 37 Old 05-23-2008, 01:02 PM

Yep, I had average to severe, almost hyperemesis the first pregnancy. My OB prescribed some kind of medication, but I ended up forgoing it because I didn't feel comfortable with the possible side effects of it (I had looked them up at the time of prescription). This time my morning sickness is pretty average. I've only vomited once, and if I eat something right after waking, I'm ok for the rest of the day.

I think my morning sickness is attributed to my body "making room" for baby. With my first preg, I was pretty overweight, starting at 152. The first trimester left me so unable to eat that I lost about 20 lbs, but by the end of the preg, I was back up to 152 and baby was born healthy and strong at 6 &1/2 lbs (my family bakes small babies). This time around, I'm not as overweight as I was the first time, coming in at 138, but apparently, it's still too much for my body too handle in addition to a baby. So, as of today, at 7 wks, I'm up to 137. My body knows me better than I do!
#37 of 37 Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had "light side of average" morning sickness with all 3 of my pregnancies, though my 2nd pg it was the most severe (but still well within the range of "average") because I was caring for a toddler who needed less sleep than I did, and the fatigue made the nausea worse.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page