? for moms of two or preggo with #2... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-21-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here is my info: on thursday i'll be 5 weeks along. caro is going to be two on may 29...

and my concern...

did you notice that you where sort of patience... more than usual?

i've noticed i am very short on patience. is it just me? is it cause i'm a bit more tired? hmmmm?

michelle~carola's and paola's mommy~
#2 of 12 Old 05-21-2008, 08:35 PM

its not just you... i've been fighting being short on patience also. when i find myself in that situation I try to take a 5 minute mommy time out and regain my composure and then do something fun with the kids. after that (reading a book, coloring, going for a walk, etc) then I tell them that mommy needs a break because she isn't feeling good. It helps a lot. HUGS
#3 of 12 Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 PM

SO much short on patience. Plus I'm tired so even when I sit down with DS to play I end up zoning out.
#4 of 12 Old 05-21-2008, 09:13 PM

My patience is shot. I remember feeling this way while pregnant with ds but it's worse this time around. DS is much more challenging than DD and I'm sooooo tired. I feel like an awful mama fairly often.

Amy, mom to LadyBug, SnuggleBug and StinkBug.  Expecting BabyBug in August 2011.
#5 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Banned

You are so not alone! I was just lamenting about this today to my husband. By the end of the day I am just over my kiddos, I hate to say. I'm hoping I have more patience come the 2nd trimester.
#6 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 02:12 AM

Its not just you! I feel like perpetual PMS. I did last time I was pregnant with baby #2 as well. I am getting this again but its even worse as I've got 2 kids instead of just 1.

I am trying though. Really, really trying to be more patient and catch myself before I let myself get in a bad mood.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#7 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 AM

Yep. I have caught myself being snappy with my son and I have to
stop myself before I start yelling. I have zero patience right now.
I can't bend over and pick up after him, I'm tired, cranky, bitchy...you
name it! The crankiness is at a higher level with this pregnancy.
#8 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 AM

Yup! I am six weeks and have been hit with nausea just this week and it seems to start about lunchtime and last until I go to bed. My DS is driving me crazy and he doesn't mean to. I am working really hard on having more patience. Plus I feel guilty since once I have the baby he will have to share attention and no more one on one.

Mama to two loqacious and bouncy boys.
#9 of 12 Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 PM

no patience, but I really feel it has a lot more to do with dd being 2 this month and her pushing boundries etc than the pg!!

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
#10 of 12 Old 05-23-2008, 01:02 AM

Well, when I was about 3 weeks pg, if that, we (DD and I) met a friend at the playground. I couldn't believe how grumpy I was being, grumpy and short on patience to DD and even grumpy and unable to maintain conversation with my friend. (Which is SO unlike me normally).

Eventually I apologized to the friend for being that way and her response was "maybe you are pregnant" My thought was that that was way too obvious (I really didn't know I was pg yet). Sure enough: pregnant.

Now, at 8.5 months, my patience has definitely been short much of the time. I know it will be hard when the baby comes, but I'm hoping there's a change in my patience level - for DD's sake.
#11 of 12 Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 AM

I cried all the time when I was pregnant with ds because of my patience issues with dd. I was terrified that it would get worse. Surprisingly, after I had ds things did a complete turn around. Sure, I had a few bad days but nothing like when I was pregnant. Now that I'm pregnant again, the irritability and impatience is back with a vengeance. The only difference is that I don't get to upset about it because I know it will go away. Hang in there!

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#12 of 12 Old 05-23-2008, 08:12 PM

i am really short on patience right now. i get really moody when pregnant. with dd i was convinced for no reason that dh didn't love me anymore.

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page