Can I do a bentonite clay cleanse while pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-25-2008, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The title pretty much says it all. I'm showing WAAAAAY further along than I should be (as in higher up). Anyone know if its safe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2008, 08:48 PM

Personally I would recommend against any kind of cleanse while pregnant. You release toxins into your system that will go to your baby. Bentonite will not only bind to some of those toxins but also to all the good vitamins and minerals that you and your baby need during pregnancy. I would say it would be better to watch your caloric intake if you are worried about measuring large, and focus on whole fruits, vegetables, grains and lowfat proteins. Stay away from refined foods and sugars.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 PM

Do you want to take the bentonite because you are currently sick? If it is just for a couple of days to get rid of sickness, etc. then I think it would be okay. I've never been able to find anything about it not being safe while pregnant or nursing.

If you are doing just to do it, I would wait until you are done being pg and bf'ing. I know it sounds like a long time but it's okay to wait.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:33 AM

Cleanses are generally contraindicated in pregnancy. It should only be done under the supervision of a health care practitioner.

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

Old 05-26-2008, 02:35 AM

It is NOT recommended to do ANY cleanses during pregnanct and breastfeeding. Cleansing, whole foods would be as far as I would go.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:05 AM

Nope. But there are likely other safe ways to address whatever issue you are having.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpincholla View Post
Personally I would recommend against any kind of cleanse while pregnant. You release toxins into your system that will go to your baby. Bentonite will not only bind to some of those toxins but also to all the good vitamins and minerals that you and your baby need during pregnancy. I would say it would be better to watch your caloric intake if you are worried about measuring large, and focus on whole fruits, vegetables, grains and lowfat proteins. Stay away from refined foods and sugars.
:

User Tag List