Equinox Mamas (Sept/Oct) -- October 5 thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 10-12-2003, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Penelope - hugs! I'm with you there about thinking babe has moved from go to "elsewhere". I swear I have this every day, and for the past two week but he hasn't moved - still head down ready to go. Everytime I feel something move where I think it should be moving I freak! UGH! I'll be thinking of you until tomorrow - hopefully your babe hasn't moved and is still go!

So I'm cranky too - had ctx 3 minutes apart most of the day yesterday but nothing happened. Would have them for 2-3 hours, then they'd settle down, then a few more hours, then settle down, etc. Didn't matter if I was quite or cleaning the house like a freak from outerspace. They just came and went as they pleased. Didn't bother calling the MW (even though she said call when I have them at 3 mins for a couple of hours). They were not BH (had a few that perked my ears up so to speak) but could tell they weren't the "real" thing. I'm hoping these were a test drive for my cervix and uterus.

Ana - saw your post about being induced tomorrow. Thinking of you and babe - good vibes and love!

Congrats to the mama's who've had babe recently! I can't wait for my turn!! (patience is not a viture I posses - at all!)

Have a good day ladies - labour vibes to everyone waiting!!!
#92 of 101 Old 10-12-2003, 01:37 PM

Congratulations Angela, and what a perfect name! The 8th is my husband's birthday ... and the only day on which I didn't want mine to come. I shouldn't have been so restrictive, LOL! I hit 42 weeks today and they are planning to induce tomorrow. I'm just hoping I'm ripe so the induction goes smoothly and doesn't impede my ability to have a waterbirth as planned.

You can't pick a more gorgeous time of year here in NH to have a baby, that's for sure. What a stunning fall weekend we are having! At least I've had plenty of time to get that last-minute gardening done, and without any bugs either :-)

Pam
Avery Rae or Perrin Ellis, due 9/28 - 9/30/2003.
#93 of 101 Old 10-12-2003, 01:48 PM

Penelope- don't worry about it. It is possible that although baby's position felt great that thier head was crook'd sideways etc and they are repositioning themselves. This being baby #4 you have plenty of room for them to do that. I know you mentioned being worried about baby's size, is it possible that baby picked up on your worry and is moving up in response??? Give yourself some time to work through things. Hugs to you! I know you are doing great and this baby will come in a beautiful birth.

Pam- our thoughts will be with you tommorow.

Anabean- thoughts with you today, hope the castor oil got things going during the night.

Halah- how is ds? Did he get the chickenpox?? My mom just told me about how her big sis had them when she came home from the hospital and how grandma did want her to feel left out and plopped my mom right into her arms

I am still sick with the flu-mostly respiratory stuff today, not nearly as miserable as yesterday was. I know I will be better tommorow if I keep resting
#94 of 101 Old 10-12-2003, 02:02 PM

Thanks for asking. He's still just got a runny nose and a tiny fever. I see no spots, so...maybe he'll fight it off? Maybe it's just a cold? I hope so. Chicken pox, go away, come again some other day...

Penelope, I was having some issues about baby moving out of optimal position too, the other night it had moved more posterior and I was rolling around on my birth ball, or hanging over the side of the couch, while watching a movie with dh...it sucked because I was sooo tired and wanted to RECLINE in a major way...and my ankles are swollen, how the hell do you put them up while simultaneously avoiding the reclining posture??? I feel like a Craftmatic adjustable bed on crack.

Anyway, been up with Coughing and Sneezing son since 6am so off to sleep while he sleeps....

Anabean, Pam, hope your inductions go smoothly and you meet your beautiful healthy babies tomorrow!
#95 of 101 Old 10-13-2003, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I keep thinking I shouldn't recline or lie on my back, and then I remember it's OK now. I pretty much avoided sitting on the couch or chair in the living room altogether, and was always on a kitchen chair or floor. Since given birth, I've been camped out on the couch big time! If I sit for awhile, however, I notice I still have pain when I get up. Before it was I'd notice heaviness from the baby, but now it is I feel lower abdominal muscular pain. I guess it is taking my uterus a little while to snap back. Or maybe it is just all those stretched out muscles.
#96 of 101 Old 10-13-2003, 12:12 PM

If I get on the floor, that's it, I can't get back up So I've been spending a lot of time on the birth balls (that's where I am now...got a big one so I could reach the keyboard). It seems to be slowly losing air with the constant pressure of my big ol' behind on it.

This is the second day of less than 4 hours sleep for me...it doesn't seem likely that ds will get pox now but in lieu of it he spends his nights hacking and gasping for air. How could I manage to sleep through that. So I've been back and forth between his room and mine all night. Now he's watching a DVD and I would love to just

I lay in bed awake this morning and had BH contrax for a solid 2 hours, every five or ten minutes. i think I might let my mw check me tomorrow although I just doubt anything is happening.
#97 of 101 Old 10-13-2003, 05:24 PM

Hello everyone! Oh... how I wish I could chat on here more often....

I am going crazy! I am 37 wks 3 days and incredibly anxious to have this baby. I have had all my boys at 37-38 wks and "appear" to be giving birth in the very near future. I have had bouts of contractions off and on for quite a few days now. It has gotten rather emotionally stressful. Following my same 'ol birth pattern. I have accomplished all my birth "milestones" except for losing my mucous plug in the morning and giving birth that night. Err... I want it to happen. I am ready. My husband is on days off until Thursday and my eldest son is on a long Thanksgiving weekend from grade one. I have been telling this baby that now is a REALLY convenient time however he/she doesn't seem to be listening. Saturday I had super strong consistant take your breath away contractions that continued all day and I was sure that it was my day but around 11pm they settled down and went away. Sunday I was REALLY grumpy and was avoided by all members of my family. I have been having cervical changes which is great but come on already!! I am sitting at 4cms or so and would like to get the other 6 done! I love being pregnant and have really enjoyed this (last) pregnancy but this whole irritable uterus never know if I am actually in labor sends me into looneyville.
#98 of 101 Old 10-14-2003, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sounds like it won't be long for either one of you!
#99 of 101 Old 10-14-2003, 03:39 AM

I had a baby girl on October 7th and just got home from the hospital today (had a cesarian...here in Japan that means you stay in the hospital for at least a week).
Her name is Skye, she's big, feeding well and sleeps a lot (unlike her 3 year old brother Satori who woke me up every 45 minutes when he was new...)
My recovery has been so much easier than last time....I have more confidence, I am not beating myself up for having
"failed" at natural childbirth..

I type one-handed pretty well...so you'll be hearing more from me. If my posts have no capital letters or punctuation it's because I'm breastfeeding at the keyboard!
Blessings,

Hikaru
#100 of 101 Old 10-14-2003, 11:20 AM

Congrats Hikaru!!!!
#101 of 101 Old 10-14-2003, 11:24 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page