THE "Most random, 'huh?', strange craving you've ever had" THREAD - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 06-08-2008, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post
I've been just craving really junky food like cup o' noodles, ramen, and bagel bites. It makes me feel so guilty.
I was just telling someone the other day...

Why the HECK can't I ever crave healthy foods? Why can't we all crave spinach while pregnant? I'm serious, it really is such a bummer that so many of us tend to want junk...totally unfair, isn't it?

The other night I woke up at midnight wanting buttery buttery theater popcorn. Buttery theater popcorn, are you kidding me?? I never eat that stuff not pregnant! It's so fatty.

-Caitrin

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#62 of 66 Old 06-08-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticqueen View Post
OMG that's great! I don't feel so bad now. I've been loving the smell of Windex...

Can we say horrible?

Thankfully, I don't clean with it, I just like being in the room when someone else does. Then I feel guilty.

-Caitrin
I almost swiped my MIL's bottle of Comet today. THAT is nasty! I don't even clean with non-natural products at all. But she was scrubbing her shower with it and it smelled sooooooooooo good.
#63 of 66 Old 06-09-2008, 11:05 PM

Olives, cheese, pickles, cream cheese, triscuit crackers. Sodium.
#64 of 66 Old 06-09-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSong View Post
My last pregnancy I craved McDonalds Fish Sandwiches. OMG GROSS! I only gave in a few times.
: Me too! So weird, since I don't normally even like seafood. I force myself to eat some for the health benefits on occasion, but the McDonald's fish sandwich certainly doesn't fall into that category.

The strangest craving I had last time was lobster! Very weird because I'd only had lobster once before in my life as a kid and couldn't stand it. Even wierder because I had the craving the entire time, from the first trimester on. It was so strong I was driven to distraction, but never gave in due to mercury concerns (and because I know it's not something I actually like!) It went away as soon as she was born, much to my relief!

T , mom to S and C
#65 of 66 Old 06-13-2008, 03:27 PM

I haven't had any consistant cravings except... Chicken and Milk! I don't even like chicken or any meat at all but I can grub on chichen legs all day with a huge glass of milk. Soooo good. And spicy too, everything spicy!
#66 of 66 Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM

Pad thai with tofu and vegetables - could eat it every day
quesadillas
mozzarella cheese sticks with ranch dressing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page