Am I peeing too much? How much do you pee? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I seem to be peeing A LOT! I went about 6 times in 30 minutes. All I really had to drink was some juice and a coffee. I'm 29 weeks.

How much do you pee?

I declined the gd test but now i'm wondering....

xoxoxox

#2 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 02:00 AM

I wouldn't worry about GD as much as UTI. As someone who had no s/x until I got a wicked bout of pyleo and kidney function vastly decline I highly recommend getting a UTI screening or drinking a ton of cranberry juice!
#3 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 03:25 AM

Every single pregnancy preparation book i read told me i would pee a lot. lol so it's normal, don't worry! You got a little person in there literally laying on your bladder!
#4 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 06:26 AM

sometimes 6 times in 30 minutes is totally normal for me, sometimes I can go a hour or so. It varies constantly all day long. Though, I'd say more than not, I feel like i have to pee as soon as I get back to what I was doing before I went to pee -- I've argued that I should just move into my bathroom several times.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#5 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixstar View Post
I'd say more than not, I feel like i have to pee as soon as I get back to what I was doing before I went to pee
So true! For me, the tricky part is figuring out whether I actually have to pee again or if the baby has rearranged herself to put new and exciting pressure on my bladder . Needless to say, I'd rather make an extra trip to the bathroom and produce three drops of pee than decide it's a false alarm and wind up peeing my pants!
#6 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 10:03 AM

I felt like I was peeing all day long! I don't think you should worry...there isn't much room in there for a bladder anymore!

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#7 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 11:14 AM

I've been wondering the same thing. I pee a LOT and OFTEN... It doesn't seem normal to me (this is my second, with DD, I peed a lot in the first tri and then again toward the end)...
So can you really have a UTI with excessive pee being the only symptom? I'm swelling a lot, too... it doesn't make sense. I drink 8 oz, then pee a heavy stream for at least 30 seconds.... and then again a few minutes later, then again, and again. Heck, I still wake up every 2-3 hours to pee. I'm sleepy. I'm ready for the GD test

ETA- I'm 19 weeks

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#8 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM

I am 33 weeks and sometimes go that often, sometimes less- regardless of how much I've been drinking- Sometimes when I know I'll have to pee again in ten minutes, I pee and then just stay on the toilet reading until I pee again to save a trip.
#9 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thixle View Post
So can you really have a UTI with excessive pee being the only symptom?

I was worried about a UTI a couple weeks ago - if not a full one, one thinking about starting (does that make sense?). So, I just added cranberry juice to my diet and it really seemed to help. I was having issues with suddenly feeling like I really needed to pee and it hurt (!) and then I'd not be able to pee. After several days of what felt like dsyfunctional peeing, I started drinking cranberry juice 2x a day and it really helped get me back to just going often.

Though I agree with a previous poster about the baby finding the perfect little bladder pressure points to, lots of times thats whats going on and I don't really have to pee - but it sure is impossible to tell the difference.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#10 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 03:34 PM

Ok, so I thought waking up twice a night was a lot. How much are you peeing when you go that often. You may have some sort of bladder issue that is being agravated by pregnancy. I have intersticial cystitis (sp?) which flares up every now and then. When it does I feel like I always have to pee, am unable to empty my bladder all the way (which makes me also have to go more often as I never have an empty tank), leak occasionally, and have some pain when pressue is applied when it gets a bit worse. It started prior to my first pregnancy and has revisited me a several months to a few months at a time a few times since diagnosed. Right now I'm doing fine but, I'm sure as I et more pregnant (currently only 15 or 16 weeks) it may flare up again. There are medications to control this issue. They apparently help with the urgency issues (with this condition the muscles that allow you to pee will contract and release spontaniously) but, I didn't personally want to medicate. It eventually fades away on it's own... although annoying while it lasts.

Can you feel muscle contractions as you are going about your day? Is that what makes you feel like you have to pee?

Just so you know, this could be quite a few things. There could be something other than your baby pressing on your bladder (ovarian cyst, enlarged organ, intestinal irratation) making you feel like you need to go, UTI, bladder infection, the condition I have, etc, etc. It could simply be, as weird as this may sound, "all in your head" . I don't mean that in any sort of rude way, I simply mean that sometimes with pregnancy we tend to focus on things and worry, thus maing them worse or seem wrose. Perhaps you overthink having the urge to pee thus making your body resond by telling you that you do have to. Who knows. If you truely know it isn't just over worry on your part then I'd go see a doc to make sure it isn't some sort of medical issue beyond the annoyances of pregnancy. It is probably something simple but, I'm sure you want to know so you can get some relief!

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#11 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 PM

I could pee every 10 minutes if I let myself, and I'm only 23 weeks.
#12 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thixle View Post
So can you really have a UTI with excessive pee being the only symptom?
I had a UTI for what they think was 1+ months before I developed pyleo (infection all the way to my kidneys). I had NO s/x- NOTHING- no excessive peeing, no burning, no nada then one day woke with a temp of 105.7 and the shivers and a horrid backache from my kidneys. Now I get screened every 2 mo during and directly after pregnancy. It was a horrific ordeal to say the least
#13 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 07:41 PM

all the time. i feel like i should wear a diaper or something. haha.

surprised no one has mentioned yet that coffee is a diuretic and will make you have to pee more. might want to skip the next cup o' joe....

dreads.gif and my man mischievous.gif. Momma to ds1 (11-'04) blahblah.gif, ds2 (8-'08) hammer.gif, dd (3-'12) orngtongue.gif, and Mr Blue, Chiyo, and Fireball, our 3 cat.gifnovaxnocirc.gif intactlact.gif uc.jpg

#14 of 20 Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM

i agree with the PP. skip the coffee and see how that goes. if it persists and just doesn't feel right, get the UTI test. all you do is pee in a cup and they dip a stick. no harm done. i am PRONE to UTIs and have problems with my bladder not emptying (and my very own urologist! LOL) trust me, UTIs turn into a painful situation as they get worse.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#15 of 20 Old 06-11-2008, 02:10 AM

I pee all the time. Seriously, I pee all the time. My SO always makes fun of me for it.

I pee as soon as I wake up. I pee a couple minutes after I've already peed. I then pee again 5 more times before leaving for work. As soon as I arrive at work, guess what? Off to the toilet I go again.

It's really annoying at night when I wake up every 1.5 hours to pee. My midwife said that this is nature's way of preparing pregnant women for the role of nursing a newborn (for which you'd have to wake up every two hours anyway).

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention: as soon as the babe kicks my bladder, I must rush to the bathroom...again.
#16 of 20 Old 06-11-2008, 10:42 AM

i dont get up at night to pee but during the day i pee all the time...making potty learning for ds3 a bit easier b/c im ALWAYS IN THE BATHROOM!!!
#17 of 20 Old 06-11-2008, 12:53 PM

I think the worst is that urgent "i need to pee right now or I'll wet myself" feeling only to get there and dribble out a teaspoon with little relief and almost feel like going again as I'm walking out of the bathroom!
#18 of 20 Old 10-05-2008, 07:19 AM

sounds like this is very normal. i'm 26 weeks and am thirsty enuf to drink 2-3 liters of liquid/day + seem to have a bladder that feels very full at about 8 oz. of liquid. so sometimes i pee a few tablespoons, then pee again, then pee again - up to several times in an hour, or just minutes apart. i think baby is squishing the bladder so sometimes it feel very urgent and then is only a little liquid.

DD 12/08
#19 of 20 Old 10-05-2008, 07:55 PM

This thread made me feel a bit relieved! I have interstitial cystitis (a non-bacterial inflammation of the bladder...Chronic disease) and when I am flaring from the IC, one of my worst symptoms is this...Peeing or feeling the urge to pee every 15 minutes or so, sometimes with very little coming out. So I guess I assumed the IC was flaring up recently when it started again. But now I feel better to know that there is a chance this is due to"normal" pregnancy symptoms, and not from the IC. I didn't know, as this is my first pregnancy. I also have a large ovarian cyst, which I suspect is also pressing on my bladder.

Gotta go pee again...
Thanks for posting your pee stories!

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#20 of 20 Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM

I've been peeing maybe 6-8 times during the day, but I feel like I have to get up to pee way too much at night. It makes sense that I have to pee during the day, because I'm drinking water and eating and such. But at night, I pee like at least 3 times, usually more, and that's just between like 11 or 12 at night and 8am!

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page