Extremely active baby near end of pregnancy... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-18-2008, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. Well I am 38.5 weeks now. I was just laying in bed but had to get up because I am being kicked so much! She is really poking up in my ribs, not just where its uncomfortable but it hurts, and also poking my bladder at the same time. I thought I had heard there is less kicking and movement near the end of pregnancy, but especially tonight there seems to be alot more. I dont remember this with my son.. Is anyone else going through this also? I am hoping it means maybe she is ready to come out and trying to figure out how. lol Who knows.. Or maybe you just feel movements more with your second pregnancy? Anyway, just curious about this. Thanks all!

Jen
#2 of 8 Old 06-18-2008, 09:14 AM

At 36w here and I remember reading about how you get less movement as you get less room - I've been wondering when that will happen. We do seem to have a day that isn't too active, but for the more part it's all feet and arms all the time.

In bed last night, I kept making dh keep his hand resting/lightly pressing on the side of my belly (while laying on my side) so that the baby couldn't push out as far as it would otherwise, he thought I was nuts until he started getting some really strong pushes.

Oh, and on that less room thing -- mine decided to head on down into the pelvis and that really freed up space for more vigorous kicking lately. My ribs are getting a break, but nothing else is.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
#3 of 8 Old 06-18-2008, 11:10 AM

I always heard and read that the baby moves less as it gets close to birth. I can't speak from experience yet though.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#4 of 8 Old 06-18-2008, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

A little less movement would be nice! lol
#5 of 8 Old 06-18-2008, 03:32 PM

With my first baby, she moved a lot all the way up until labor started. I even wrote in my journal next to the "baby's movements should slow down" comment, "YEAH RIGHT." Some babies stay very active. Some don't. Mine did. It's not a sign of anything bad as far as I know, though I do recall it being very uncomfortable.

Try sitting in a rocking chair, or standing and swaying, to get the baby to go to sleep, or settle a bit.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#6 of 8 Old 06-18-2008, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks renee, Ill try that!
#7 of 8 Old 06-19-2008, 12:28 AM

Some babies don't slow down, my son is three and I still haven't seen that drop in activity that was supposed to take place. I keep hoping it will show up for a while...better late than never right?

Seriously, it never occurred to him to slow down much when he was cramped he just pushed harder, and he pretty much kicked and swam his way out of me. Unfortunately the babies never seem to read the info in the books about them.
#8 of 8 Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

LOL aviva

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page