Sept/Oct Mamas- October 14 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2003, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

congratulations to pmcleod and welcome to your new son! Hope you are both feeling well and recovering from your long ordeal with labor.

Okay, who's next? :LOL

Today was supposed to be a catch up day but my dh got a last minute job interview so I'm on my own again. Ds is asleep for the moment though so that's alright.

I just got a dozen cloth mama postpartum pads from Mom and Me Creations, they are violet/floral and too pretty to bleed on I've never tried cloth on me before, but so many people on here are sold on them, and I went to the health food store to buy the chlorine-free ones, they were 10 dollars a bag of 20.

Tomorrow is my due date and I plan on having fun all day, morning is a children's fall festival, then the annual "People's Fair" (liberal-types festival in the park, always fun and interesting), and at night another annual fall event, a free orchestra in the park near my house followed by a fireworks display. In Florida things really gear up in october, people are eager to get outside after spending 6 months blasting the a/c. Sooo....I'm almost hoping I don't go into labor tomorrow, because I want to be able to enjoy the mild weather and do something interesting with my family. It would be kind of cool if my water would break during the fireworks, though

Peace and serious labor dust to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2003, 08:56 AM

Congrats pmcleod and welcome Perrin! Glad to hear you're doing well!

Halah to answer your question - I'm next (maybe?!?) I say that becuase I've heard a shock to the system will send a woman into labour - well I had a shock last nigh - dh and I were rear ended on the highway. This is why I take the train. :

Anyhow we're ok and so is babe. Dh is going to be really sore today, we were stopped in traffic and he had just said let's get off the highway and take a rural route, leaned forward and twisted to look out the mirror on my side of the care and whack. Thankfully the kid who hit us didn't hit us full on - he hit the passenger side (my side of course!) as he was trying to move from the far left lane to the far right - we were in the middle. So you can imagine what that little incident did to my bp (can we say 150/120?! I was waiting for my head to pop off). I didn't have the ambulance take me to the hospital right then - although the ride with light and sirens going tempted the 8 year old in me. I called the m/w when I got home and she had me come up to labour and deliver. We had a 2 hour non-stress test - the results were good and my bp had backed down to 110/60 after lying down for 20 mintues. Big sigh of relief! I was worried my bp would be high, babe would not be liking that and induction would be ordered (the m/w prepared me for the scenario just in case).

So no other ill effects have presented but I am going to be beat today - finally fell asleep around 2 and its now not quite 7. MW wants me to rest today which sounds fine to me. A day vegging out in bed with dh and the dogs sounds like the perfect day right about now - and today is our 6th anniversary (and my grandparents 62nd anniversary).

weesej - I'm cracking up thinking about the pre-school sized chairs! I can't imagine trying to sit in one now - the toilets at work which are low are enough of a challange!

Oh one other thing I found out yesterday - if you say "pregnant" to the 911 operator not only do they send the police, the send the ambulance and two fire trucks. Boy did I have a lot of good looking young men paying attention to me yesterday!

Love and labour vibes!

Jackie
Old 10-25-2003, 03:57 PM

Oh Jackie--that is horrible! I'm so glad you are all right and you were able to go home. You deserve to rest and nothing else till you have this baby!

Can I bitch? I've been in part dying to have this baby so that my MIL will come down and take care of us for a week---I love her to death, she is such a soothing presence in the house, and last time she was invaluable for the atmosphere she created and the help she gave us with cooking, cleaning, and encouraging our breastfeeding getting established. She would even take tiny ds in her bed after I fed him at night because I was still worried about squashing him at first. :LOL

So I really had it in my head that I would have the baby and then have this lovely week with my husband, son and MIL and not worry about dh being overwhelmed or me getting up to help out or keep ds busy. My own mother is nearby, but she irritates dh and doesn't know or care about bf'ing or washing cloth diapers, etc. As in, come over for a visit but please don't stay long.

Now, my MIL informs us that the evil choir director that she works for on Sundays is going to be out of town because HIS granddaughter is being induced (a week early---don't get me started : ) and he expects her to be "back" on Nov. 1st to take over for him no matter what. (I don't understand why, 6 days after his grandchild's birth, he cannot drive 3 hours home and do the damn service himself---or find a backup) So she either has to wait to come, if I have the baby this week, or she can only stay for a few days and then has to drive the 10 hrs or whatever back to her home. She won't stand up to this jerk (he's always been a jerk) because she's too meek and is afraid to lose this crappy 2nd job. Even though she'd informed him 6 months ago that she had these plans. She has very little money and can't afford to take off and see us often at all--in fact she hasn't seen us for nearly a year because I was too sick to travel most of the year.

Ugh, I don't mean to go into this long vent. I just HATE my plans changing that I've looked forward to for so long. Maybe I'll go another week--but I hate the thought of that too! It's not up to me, it's not up to me, it's not up to me. But it irritates me that some stranger up there is getting an early induction and indirectly messing up my little plans. And I'm mad at my MIL for being a pushover and letting this guy try to stick a wrench in her plans at the last minute for his complete convenience.

Well, if you read through this far, to you. And feel free to tell me to get over myself, because I know I really need to . It's just too easy to get hormonal and grumpy these days. I know you all know what I'm talking about.
Mama penelope....where are you??
Old 10-25-2003, 04:29 PM

You're doing it Penelope! Good for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

The new moon is going to bring these babies out! You wait and see!

p.s. I don't think I have much longer either....baby is sooo low I can't sit on a regular chair, even the birth ball is too much. I had a lot of contractions last night, too.
Old 10-25-2003, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Jackie- Sorry to hear about the accident. I would have been so irrate.

Halah- Sorry about your MIL. You need all the support you can get. What an ass her boss sounds like.

Penelope- Congrats. I know you'll have a baby in your arms soon. Maybe we'll all have babies tonight.

Woke with an awful headache today WAAHHH I just want to feel good. At least as well as I can at this point. BP was up a bit eating protein up the wazoo and having Epsom baths today. A midwife friend called to let me know the waterbirth tub I wanted is ready (other mom was 2+ weeks over) Maybe that is what I have been waiting for . Going to pick it up the afternoon. Two apprentice friend called today too, maybe something is in the air.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

User Tag List