Not feeling second baby move as soon as first? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2008, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I first felt my first child move at just over 15 weeks - definitely early. But there is no doubt in my mind that it was baby kicks. And I was feeling actual kicks and jabs (small, but undeniable). I'm 17 weeks along with baby #2 and although I think I starting feeling very vague flutters around 14 weeks (maybe even a little earlier - but it's hard to say for sure since it's more fluttery - could have been gas!) but I still haven't felt any definite pokes!

I know baby is in there (we've heard baby via doppler a few times now), but I'm just not feeling him/her very much yet. It's driving me crazy because I want to have that daily reassurance! I'm maybe 10 lbs heavier than I was with DS at this point in my pregnancy and I did have a c-section. Could either of those things be contributing to not feeling much yet?

I thought I'd feel this baby sooner than baby #1, not later! Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 02:26 PM

*hugs momma* it's normal though still enough to drive you crazy. I felt my first around 16 weeks or so. This one, I didn't feel movement until 21 weeks -- eek! It was a long few weeks and I was glad to hear the heartbeat at appointments and just reassured myself everything way fine.

It could be the extra fluff or something to do with the previous c/s or an anterior placenta absorbing the movements. Not something to worry about, you'll be feeling your little one soon and eventually hit the point where you wish the baby would just be still for a bit.

I also wasn't prepared for feeling the baby move later either, but it happens sometimes.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
Old 06-28-2008, 02:30 PM

Everyone is different- even babies! Maybe you just have a mellower baby this time?

Mama to DS R (June/06), DD K (September/07), DS M (October/08), DD R (June/09)... waiting for #5 in late 2013!!

User Tag List