Pregnant with #1 in our 30s - July thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Ghislaine and Mischievium!

Mischevium, could you confirm your month of EDD? I'll put you in for March, let me know if it's different.

ELV to sugarshoc!

July is coming to a close soon. Crosscat, are you still interested in being the August threadkeeper?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 02:45 PM

Sugarshoc, wooo hooo! ELVs! :

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 07-24-2008, 03:22 PM

Oooooohhhhhhh - sugarshoc!!! This is it woman!! WOW!!!

Easy labor vibes to you!!! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM

I'm super excited to see, 3 new members, one baby coming anytime now, and everyone else posting!

Welcome Ghislaine! Congratulations!

Crosscat, yay, another watermelon muncher! Glad to know its healthy for pregnant women . I've also been ODing on all kinds of other summer fruit. Peaches, white peaches, some berries, melons, mmmmmmmmmmm.

Kemi, yay for feeling baby move! It definitely felt like a vibration or bubbles for me at first, and right around 17-18 weeks I felt the first "thump". Glad you're starting to feel a bit better, and I hope you enjoy your second trimester! I actually really enjoyed the baby showers we had, even though I'm not normally "stuff oriented". I think more than anything it was the outpouring of feeling loved that was wonderful, and thinking that our baby will be born into an extended family of friends already.

Hmmm, me. Nothing new. Still feeling kind of achey-crampy down low and down there, but I can't find my cervix to see if these BH and other feelings are doing anything! Sigh. I will be patient.

I was just hoping to have the baby sometime soon, so that DH could spend his automatic time off btwn. teaching with us, rather than having to take time off.

Took the doggies for a nice hike/walk last night, which included a drive down a bumpy road, DTD, drinking RRL tea, taking EPO, heck it all should be working a bit...

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM

Psst, Nony? Are you out there? Haven't heard from you in a while, wondering if you're a July mama now!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 07-24-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sweet pea~ View Post
July is coming to a close soon. Crosscat, are you still interested in being the August threadkeeper?
Sure!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:09 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes, ladies!

I had my first beta yesterday and got the results today-- 148! (the nurse who called me said it was an "awesome" 148 ). I have another test tomorrow to make sure the hCG is doubling like it should :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sweet pea~ View Post
Mischevium, could you confirm your month of EDD? I'll put you in for March, let me know if it's different.
I'm right on the cusp, so I haven't decided which DDC to join-- I'm kinda waiting to see how many are in there to make a firm decision. I guess you can put March/April 09 for now .
Old 07-25-2008, 04:31 AM

5lbs. 15oz. and she's beautiful!!!!!!! Everything is healthy and good. I had to have a C because she would not drop and her heartrate was not good but you do what you have to do. I'm still sooooo happy. :::
Old 07-25-2008, 05:33 AM

Oh wow congratulations!
Any pictures? What is her name?:

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

Old 07-25-2008, 09:56 AM

Congratulations Sugarshoc! : She must seem so small!

Maman to Mlle. C born 2/22/09, Due with #2 at the end of May 2013

Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 AM

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing baby pics! Take care, Sugarshoc!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarshoc View Post
5lbs. 15oz. and she's beautiful!!!!!!! Everything is healthy and good. I had to have a C because she would not drop and her heartrate was not good but you do what you have to do. I'm still sooooo happy. :::

Congratulations!

Welcome little beautiful one!

::

Old 07-25-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes, ladies!

I had my first beta yesterday and got the results today-- 148! (the nurse who called me said it was an "awesome" 148 ). I have another test tomorrow to make sure the hCG is doubling like it should :
Yay! That's a great first beta!

Update us when you find out more today!

::

Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations to sugarshoc!
: : :
Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 PM

Just updating, nope, no change here...no labor yet.

Actually I feel like I have less signs than I did earlier in the week, sigh.

39w2d.

Baby, we're ready for you, come out to play!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:09 PM

Aw, Sugarshoc, congratulations! What a tiny little birdie girl you have!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:47 PM

Sugarshoc - congratulations!!!! What awesome news! I'm so happy you have your beautiful, healthy baby girl in your arms!! I can't wait to see pictures if you feel like sharing.

Welcome to all our new members - engineering mama, mischievium, and Ghislaine!

Mischievium - so good to have you here, old friend (you know what I mean by "old!") It's so great to see someone graduate after trying a long time... can't wait to hear your most recent beta!

Michelle - I can't believe you're still at work! I can see how the distraction would be good tho. At 39 weeks, you could still have another 2 weeks to wait! (SORRY!)

Watermelon sounds good but like a lot of work. But so is pineapple, I guess. That's been my summer fruit of choice. And cherries. And mostly and especially nectarines!!

Kemi - glad you are feeling better! And feeling movement - cool!! My first movements felt like bubbles too.

DH and I are feeling sad this week b/c we had to put our older doggie to sleep yesterday. He didn't hear well nor walk well. But recently he has had some confused and lethargic days and the dr seemed to indicate it was probably a tumor. It was SO hard. DH took it especially hard b/c he'd had the doggie for 12 years...

On a positive note we're getting our baby names narrowed down. And I have today off so... I'm in a good mood. This weekend if it's nice, we'll probably go snorkeling at the beach.

Hope everyone else has a great weekend! I love to see so much activity here!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:51 PM

Jencat I'm so sorry you guys had to put your old doggie to sleep. We had to do that to a kitty a couple of years back, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Made me feel more like an adult than anything else I've ever done so far in my life.

Glad you're getting baby names narrowed down though! That's fun .

Yep, I could actually have up to almost THREE weeks to wait, possibly. 42 weeks it when we'd have to think about induction, etc. here.

I am, however trying to vizualize opening up, letting baby come, being ready, letting go of all and any mental blocks I might have left.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Awww Jen I'm so sorry about your doggie. How sad.

Fiberlover I'm thinking about you and your lo. Looking forward to reading your happy announcement that the baby has been born SOON.

My A/C didn't get fixed today (again!). The owner of the company swears he's coming to my house first thing tomorrow morning to fix it himself. : We'll see.

Did my glucose screening thing today. I'll get the results in two weeks. I would be surprised if there was any problem. They were a bit late drawing my blood after I drank the syrupy stuff. I hope that doesn't affect anything.

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:48 PM

:Congratulations on your baby girl, Sugarshoc!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Mischievium - so good to have you here, old friend (you know what I mean by "old!") It's so great to see someone graduate after trying a long time... can't wait to hear your most recent beta!
Awww... thanks, Jencat! Today's number is 289, which is a tiny bit less than doubling, but I took it in the afternoon on Wednesday and in the morning today (so, slightly less than 48 hours) so I'm happy with the number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
DH and I are feeling sad this week b/c we had to put our older doggie to sleep yesterday. He didn't hear well nor walk well. But recently he has had some confused and lethargic days and the dr seemed to indicate it was probably a tumor. It was SO hard. DH took it especially hard b/c he'd had the doggie for 12 years...
to you and your DH, what a hard decision to have to make. I'm sorry about your doggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiberLover View Post
Yep, I could actually have up to almost THREE weeks to wait, possibly. 42 weeks it when we'd have to think about induction, etc. here.

I am, however trying to vizualize opening up, letting baby come, being ready, letting go of all and any mental blocks I might have left.
I hope, for your sake, it isn't another 3 weeks! They have the "sticky baby vibes" smilie , where's the "okay, it's time to unstick now" smilie?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:58 PM

Mischevium, 289 in the morning after 148 in the afternoon is totally fine. I'd definitely say its doubling! yay!

Yeah, we need a "baby come out" smiley! I'm definitely hoping that it isn't 3 weeks or so...I'll take all the "I'm ready" vibes you guys can send!

crosscat, I hope they come and fix that A/C for you asap!

Happy its Friday afternoon, I'm looking forward to a nice lazy weekend, or a weekend of babying!

Old 07-26-2008, 05:12 PM

Her name is Mackenzie. How do I post a pic? I've never felt such joy.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 AM

Quote:
You can post a link to a flickr or photobucket pic, or if you have a blog with pictures on it.

Your posts are so cute and sweet--so happy for you!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
YAY!

:

Old 07-28-2008, 12:49 PM

Still here, nothing really new, crampy backache with intermittant contractions. No MP, bloody show, or water breakage.

Ah well, at least I have a mw appt. this afternoon so I can see if there are changes down there!

Old 07-28-2008, 01:00 PM

Hi everyone...I'm brand new, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong thread/forum....there's quite a lot to look at here and I'm a bit overwhelmed...My name is Jonni (John-e)

Anyway, husband and I are 34 and 35 and expecting our first child. The end of my first trimester will be around 8/10, after which time we've decided to tell family members. I feel absolutely wonderful (aside from worrying about getting a total home remake done in time!!!) no morning sickness, no headaches really, not much of anything except I'm wearing my "loose" pants and my already ample bust size is...well, "ampler" ...

I do have many questions about this adventure, and am hoping I can find my answers here. Congrats to all of you
Old 07-28-2008, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Jonni (VioletLeo)! :

Would you mind posting the month of your expected due date? I should, theoretically, be able to calculate from 8/10 being week 13, but my brain is too pregnant to try right now.

This is a wonderful thread with one of the nicest groups you'll ever meet.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:42 PM

Surely!!! Thanks for the welcome...

Haven't been to the doctor as of yet, but my "math" ahem, loosely speaking, puts it at the end of February, 2009 (around the 21st or 22nd)...

J
Old 07-28-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Got it! I'll add you to the roster under Feb '09.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM

Sugarshoc - your love and awe for Mackenzie is so touching! I'm SO happy for you!

Fiber - ahh, the waiting... what did the MW have to say today?

Welcome to VioletLeo!! And congratulations!! Ask away... that's what we're here for.

Well, today was supposed to be my first day of "part time" and I worked probably 7 hours. It's so hard to pull myself away! I mean, what will they do without me? Aren't I irreplaceable??? I can't possibly leave early without getting everything done and everyone taken care of! Sigh. Pitiful. I'll try harder tomorrow!

User Tag List