Pregnant with #1 in our 30s - July thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Well, today was supposed to be my first day of "part time" and I worked probably 7 hours. It's so hard to pull myself away! I mean, what will they do without me? Aren't I irreplaceable??? I can't possibly leave early without getting everything done and everyone taken care of! Sigh. Pitiful. I'll try harder tomorrow!
Jencat, it will probably take some adjustment, but before long, I'm sure you'll find it quite easy to go in late and leave early!

My baby is doing calisthenics right now.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#92 of 100 Old 07-29-2008, 12:52 AM

Jencat-- I think you need to learn to embrace your inner couch potato. I can give lessons, if needed !
#93 of 100 Old 07-29-2008, 02:38 PM

Mischevium! Great 3rd beta! Yay sticky baby!

Jencat, you need to learn to rrrrrrrrreeeeeeelaaaaaaaaaxxxx. Take time to snooze, and come home early...you are, of course, irreplaceable, but everyone can learn to have a Jen break for a while .

Welcome VioletLeo!

So, mw basically said my "symptoms" are good, body is in fact getting ready. But, I'm still 1.5 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and my cervix is nice and soft. So, no huge change from last week.

We went ahead and made an appointment from next Monday.

Today is the first of my three due dates, 7/29. I also have 7/30 and 7/31. One based on ovulation, one on early ultrasound, and one on LMP. I've been going with 7/30 since its in the middle, but still, EDD!

Ah, definitely hoping to meet the little one soon. Getting impatient! Even though I try...

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#94 of 100 Old 07-29-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sweet pea~ View Post
Welcome Engineering mama! :

I'll add you to the main list. Do you know the gender of your babe or are you leaving it a surprise?
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I lost this thread for a while...I don't know where they go and then they reappear.

We're having a surprise. Its driving my mother crazy. She has an 11 year old grandson and my sister just had a baby boy on Saturday. She soooo wants a granddaughter. Not knowing is killing her. But she's just going to have to wait!
#95 of 100 Old 07-31-2008, 11:07 AM

Hmmm.... haven't heard from Michelle for a day or two... could it be??? Is she at home holding fiberbaby?! Michelle - hope you are doing great!

Yeah, I need to learn to relax. I get bored on the couch. Between the computer and the TV, blah. But I got some books yesterday so that should help. And I have plenty of things I can do around the house that are not taxing - find a pediatrician, find a photographer, etc. I HAVE been taking short naps every day. I guess I kind of feel guilty leaving work too... but I'll have to get over that!

Engineering Mama - I used to get TOTALLY confused on MDC too. It helps to bookmark the "I'm Pregnant" threads so you can find them again. Then sometimes you have to scroll through the pages to find the "Pregnant with #1 in our 30s." You can also subscribe to the thread and you'll get an email whenever someone posts a new post. You do that by (when you are logged in) go to the top of the thread "Thread Tools" and click on "Subscribe to this thread." Then you can pick to have "Instant email notification."

My mom also wants a granddaughter SO bad! She has two grandsons already and figures these twins will be all I have (probably so!) She joked that if I had two boys she was going to dress one as a girl! Good thing I'm having one of each!

Have a great day, ladies!
#96 of 100 Old 07-31-2008, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat View Post
Hmmm.... haven't heard from Michelle for a day or two... could it be??? Is she at home holding fiberbaby?! Michelle - hope you are doing great!
I was wondering the same thing. Michelle, wherever you are, we're thinking of you.

ETA: looks like Michelle is still a lady in waiting: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=941234

hoping your baby comes soon and sending ELVs
#97 of 100 Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM

Joining in....work has been hectic, and I too have been trying to figure the forum out

How many of you did find out "who" your babe was going to be? I used to think that it would take all the fun out of it, but I'm a total planner, lists everywhere (yes, it DOES make my husband crazy ), and last night while lying in bed, I nudged him and said, "you know you want to find out what the baby's going to be!!" and he giggled and giggled...I prodded a little more, "neither of us are good with NOT knowing secrets, so come on!!!" He giggled some more...today I feel like I want to know, and oddly enough, all friends of ours who've had little ones in the last 5 years or so have found out.
#98 of 100 Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletLeo View Post
Joining in....work has been hectic, and I too have been trying to figure the forum out

How many of you did find out "who" your babe was going to be? I used to think that it would take all the fun out of it, but I'm a total planner, lists everywhere (yes, it DOES make my husband crazy ), and last night while lying in bed, I nudged him and said, "you know you want to find out what the baby's going to be!!" and he giggled and giggled...I prodded a little more, "neither of us are good with NOT knowing secrets, so come on!!!" He giggled some more...today I feel like I want to know, and oddly enough, all friends of ours who've had little ones in the last 5 years or so have found out.
I think the roster on page 1 of the thread will give you a pretty accurate count of how many of us are having ?s and how many having pink or blue!

We're in the ? crowd, though most everyone I know is frustrated with me for being that way or doesn't understand why. We just didn't see how knowing would change anything for *us*--we don't feel qualified to choose a name without seeing the baby anyway, we're not really into gender-specific clothing or furnishings for infants, we'll be giddy with happiness no matter what sex baby is, and it just seemed like fun not to know!

But I do understand that most people do like to know to be able to plan, but we're not really big planners anyway. We wouldn't have done anything differently.

When my brother and sister-in-law were expecting their child 7 years ago in Canada, by law they were not allowed to ask or be told the sex from the ultrasound. (Though maybe there are now those mall ultrasound places that would tell you--but the provincial health system wouldn't.) It was (is?) a provincial policy. So sometimes there is no choice!

I will say, though, that most gender-neutral clothing and bedding in brick-and-mortar stores is just soooooo boring. Thankfully, online stores have tons of fun stuff. I'm not in the crowd that says that babies of unknown sex have to wear pastel green and yellow. What about orange, or red, or turquoise, or gray? I went to Target yesterday to register using the gun thinger, since most of my shower attendees are not likely to purchase anything online, and all that boring pastel yellow and green was really depressing. Blech.

Ok, end of rant about lack of creativity among mainstream baby clothing designers!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#99 of 100 Old 07-31-2008, 04:05 PM

Yep, still here

40+2 now.

Hoping for baby anytime now!

Body feels, uh, about the same though. Just kind of abdominal soreness.

Sigh.

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#100 of 100 Old 08-01-2008, 01:31 PM

The August thread is ready for your posts, mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page