feeling crazy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have a 2.5 year old and after two miscarriages i am pregnant with #2... :

my problem is that my emotions feel out of control.. i am yelling at my little one and hubby for the tiniest things... then i feel horribly guilty for doing that and for what the baby must be feeling.. sometimes i wonder if those other babies left me because i am a bad mother....

never felt this way with #1... my lovely hubby says it is hormones and stress. i wonder if i am losing my mind.!?!?

what do you think hormones? anxiety?
#2 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Hormones and anxiety, definitely. Hang in there. I'm not a happy person when I'm pregnant. I'm doing better this pregnancy than in my last two but... I was a total basket case then, so almost anything is an improvement.
#3 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 03:06 PM

I think it's just hormones. Be gentle on yourself. You feel bad, so you are NOT a bad mother. What I've learned to tell myself is that everything happens when it's supposed to happen. It wasn't the right time for those babies, it was nothing you did.

I almost left my husband in the first month of all 3 of my pregnancies. I get really crazy and hyper-hormonal especially at the beginning of pregnancy.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#4 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 03:07 PM

I'm right there with you. I had 2 m/c's too, and while this pregnancy looks a lot more promising (I'm on progesterone this time and further along) I've been quite a monster yelling at my poor hubby and pets.

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &
#5 of 7 Old 07-03-2008, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

thank you, thank you, thank you all! hugs all around! i am feeling much more normal now hearing i'm not the only one!!!
#6 of 7 Old 08-08-2014, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Is there a certain doctor I need to go to to test my hormone levels? Thanks
#7 of 7 Old 08-12-2014, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Lins - your OB should be able to test you. If you are wanting to be checked for it causing emotions being out of control - I'm not sure they can test for that.

juniper.mama - add me to the list saying totally normal. Pregnancy really messed up my hormones all around. Watch out for PPD after you give birth. I was not diagnosed, but now, looking back, my new doc says not only did I have it, but it started within a couple months of getting pregnant (there's a different term for that). My depression does not looking like typical depression. When they did the postpartum PPD check I passed easily. But as time went by I was constantly at a high level of irritation so that I was losing my patience at every little thing. After a couple years of not being diagnosed I was even going into a rage at the littlest thing. I finally got help. And we are going to do placenta encapsulation this time too.

I am NOT saying this will happen to you. But please watch for it when the time comes. And I agree 110% with tiffanoodle; please don't take that as a sign you are a bad mother. It just doesn't happen that way. Our minds can think strange things when we are under stress. Be gentle with yourself. Go talk to a therapist if you can. I find that helps immensely. Make sure you get time to yourself & pamper yourself if you can. (I'll even give myself a manicure as a break).

Hang in there!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page