All the new Bravado bras? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am about 17 weeks pregnant, and everything else (read: my worn-out stash of Target bras) is driving me crazy, and by the end of the day when I take off my bra it feels like a bad lactation trip. Like, engorgement or something. So I think I'm changing sizes during the day, and should probably get a more accommodating bra. (Since I have already gotten a plugged duct from a too-tight bra.)

Has anybody tried the newer Bravado styles? I'm not quite ready to go to the standard Bravado yet (I am rendered totally shapeless in them) but am interested in this one or this one, or maybe the tank.

I'm not worried about accumulating bras in different sizes, since last time I went through about six sizes while nursing (40E down to 34D).

Has anyone tried any of these? How do they feel? And how do they make you look?
#2 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 PM

Hmmm...I dunno. They all look like uni-boob waiting to happen to me, LOL.
#3 of 15 Old 07-24-2008, 11:41 PM

I've used both this one and this one.

I like the first one better but mostly b/c at 17 months I've outgrown (outshrunk is more like it) the second one. I did go up to an E cup with my last pregnancy which is why I got the second one. The second one is comfortable but a little difficult to use nursing as it has two clips. I usually left the middle one undone.

The first one is very comfortable and works great - it's my favourite out of all my bras.
#4 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 AM

IDK about the two newest bras, but I LOVE the nursing tank!! I have four of them.
#5 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 01:29 AM

I don't care for the regular old Bravado bras. They worked okay after the first kid before the boobs took a trip south and decided to retire there.

I really like the Body Silk one, though. It gives a nice shape and has pretty good support.
#6 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 09:36 AM

I just received two bras yesterday. I have big boobs in general and nursing makes it worse, so keep that in mind. I like the Body Silk one a lot. I bought the tank in the size I measured for now (37 weeks pregnant) and it is way too small in the boobs. I am going to return for a larger size. (I ordered from Breakout Bras and was very happy with everything.)
#7 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 11:47 AM

I don't know about the bras, but I dislike their tank. SUPER tight and I spill out the top.

-Angela
#8 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 05:28 PM

I broke down and bought bras just recently. As part of the stash I got the bravado body silk and I like it...but it does fit more like a sports bra vs. a bra bra (no sep.)...not that it is aproblem for me. It is comfortable and should fit a range of sizes (or at least that's my hope). My only complaint is that the bottom band rolls a bit, and that the bits that hold onto the cups when you drop them for nursing generally hangs outside the cup for me.

Just FYI www.figleaves.com is having a GREAT sale right now...as a bigger band/bigger cup sorta girl, I had GREAT luck finding bras on the site. They arrived this week and they are awesome. I got a couple of the anita beautiful mum bras, they also fit more like a sportsbra/softcup. But, they look pwetty and are very comfortable. I also got a Royce soft cup, that actually fits like an underwire (good support and separation)without the discomfort of wires.

FWIW, I also bougth a medela underwire that fits well, but I just don't love wires...I'm just not a wires sort of girl...particularly during pregnancy.

Ok, a bit off topic, but hope that helps.
#9 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 08:02 PM

I have two of the tanks, and really like them. They say you can wear them maternity, which is what I'm doing, and I do like them. I'm also wearing the standard bra, which really is like a sports bra, so mainly right now I'm wearing it on weekends! But with a year's mat leave coming up, that means I can wear sports bra styling for a year without worrying about having to wear nice work clothes!

For the pp who says the tank is super tight, and spilling out, maybe you need a larger size? I'm wearing a size above what I would have bought in any other nursing bra, and the fit is perfect.
#10 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I have two of the tanks, and really like them. They say you can wear them maternity, which is what I'm doing, and I do like them. I'm also wearing the standard bra, which really is like a sports bra, so mainly right now I'm wearing it on weekends! But with a year's mat leave coming up, that means I can wear sports bra styling for a year without worrying about having to wear nice work clothes!

For the pp who says the tank is super tight, and spilling out, maybe you need a larger size? I'm wearing a size above what I would have bought in any other nursing bra, and the fit is perfect.
Using their size chart I got the bigger size I could fit in....

-Angela
#11 of 15 Old 07-25-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Using their size chart I got the bigger size I could fit in....

-Angela
Yeah, the first time I bought their bras I actually tried them on in a store, and was surprised to find that I'm actually in the small++ size (I'm like a 34 b/c, nowhere near the double D that they suggest for the small++!), so I think maybe they run really small or something. I'd never have bought the size I'm wearing if I hadn't tried them on for size back in my last pregnancy. I'd have bought a size or even 2 down from it if I was basing things on their chart!
#12 of 15 Old 07-26-2008, 12:01 AM

I love my bravado's. I dug into the back of my drawers and found my splurge from my last pregnancy, and I was thrilled beyond words!

I got the tank, and I just started wearing it - I love it - I think, however, that I'm going to have to get another one next size larger. I'm showing a little more cleavage than I expected! It's less uni-boob than the bras.

I just have the "original" in the double plus design. Single plus was not a happy feel. I am tempted to try a new style, but I'm skeptical about the fabrics. I've always preferred the cotton. I also once had a Blue Canoe, which I must have gotten rid of. I might be hunting one of them down, soon, too.

People who look at me think I'm smaller than I am - "non-lactating" I wear a D. But, in pregnancy, I get so insanely uncomfortable. I wear sport tanks most of the time, and it's getting time to move back up to the XL already. A lot sooner, I think than before!

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#13 of 15 Old 07-26-2008, 02:49 PM

I've heard good things about them in real life and online, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money.

I finally gave in and splurged at victoria's. They had a bra sale and I got one for $22. But it still doesn't hold the girls in!

I went from a nearly b cup to a DD and let me say, at first I was jumping for joy but now I am pretty frustrated.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#14 of 15 Old 07-26-2008, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I ordered the Bravado body silk, which was slightly marked down at breakoutbras.com, so we shall see! I'll report back.

I also found that the sizing they suggest for the regular bras didn't give me as much support -- I was supposed to be in a L, but had to get a M++. The band of the L was WAY too big, and the cups unsupportive. With the tighter band and the double fabric of the M++, at least my uniboob stood at attention...

Thanks for the figleaves rec! I'll check it out. Love support, hate wires when I'm pregnant.

For me, bras are like shoes -- invest the money, and I'll have something that actually works and doesn't leave me in pain, and will last a lot longer too. I'd rather have one pair of Chacos than thirty pairs of $30 shoes. (Though I envy those who can get by with cheaper and/or sexier shoes.)
#15 of 15 Old 07-26-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerypolyp View Post
Thanks for the figleaves rec! I'll check it out. Love support, hate wires when I'm pregnant.

For me, bras are like shoes -- invest the money, and I'll have something that actually works and doesn't leave me in pain, and will last a lot longer too. I'd rather have one pair of Chacos than thirty pairs of $30 shoes. (Though I envy those who can get by with cheaper and/or sexier shoes.)
I am the same....in fact...with this pregnancy I decided that I was going to invest in good bras....for the first time in my life....I've learned my lesson with shoes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page