Thanks so much for all your kind words and advice.
About 20 minutes after posting this, I decided to go ahead and call my OB and see what she said. They said to go ahead and go into the L&D. So off we went.
The same nurses were there from yesterday, and they remembered me and hooked me right up to the machines. When I first got in, I was having some serious contractions... for the first time I was like, wow, ok these are serious. They checked my fluid, and thankfully it was not amnionic fluid. They didn't want to give me another cervical exam, because I am due to have the fetal fibronectin test tomorrow morning.
So they watched me for a few, and decided to go ahead and give me the crazy drug (which yes, is terbutaline). Also they gave me the steroid shot for the baby's lungs. Well, the contractions weren't stopping. Holy cow, did the steroid shot hurt!!!! And I hear I have to get another one tomorrow, UGH!
Well, 3 rounds of the terbutaline later, I was still having contractions, but they were about 9-10 minutes apart, and much less in strength. So they said if I was comfortable, I could go ahead and go home considering I am scheduled for the fetal fibronectin test tomorrow. Or they could call the OB and see what she suggests. So I opted to go ahead and go home, as I didn't really want anymore shots!
I can still feel the contractions, but they are not as strong. I'm pretty confident that I will make it through the night, and to my OB apointment tomorrow morning.
I know at this point the baby will more then likely be ok if she decides its her time to join us in the world, and that makes me feel better. But if she could stay in there and cook just a little bit longer that would be really great.
Thanks again for the advice and support!
edit: oh I forgot to add, yesterday when they checked, I was 1 1/2 cm dialated. They did not say how effaced I was though.