Pregnant Beauties Rollcall!!! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 1412 Old 03-19-2003, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are expecting #3 late November 2003!!!

We are hoping and planning on an HBAC too!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#272 of 1412 Old 03-20-2003, 01:10 AM

My name is Stacy. I am 34 yrs old, and just found out I am expecting #2, edd 11/25.

DD is Jenny, born 4/21/2001, and still nurses at least 3 times each day.

I am hoping for a VBAC, but DH would never agree to HVBAC (and I have to say I totally understand some of his fears given my past medical history and the traumatic birth of our first).
#273 of 1412 Old 03-21-2003, 12:21 PM

Hi all,

I just found out last week that I am pregnant. Wow. This is my first and it kind of took us by surprise, but we are very happy! A little scared, but very happy. The due date is November 22.

Right now, we are planning on having a midwife and are looking in to different birthing centers. But haven't quite

We were planning on waiting for the birth of the baby to know the gender, but my accupuncturist says that she can tell after the 13th week. I couldn't let her keep a secret like that!

morninglark
#274 of 1412 Old 03-22-2003, 12:38 AM

Hello,
I am due March 25th with #3. I am to the point where it could be any minute now. Listening to my body, refusing internal exams. This will be my second VBAC, but this time with a midwife! I am so excited, but more than ready to POP!
Shelly
Mommy to Jessica Michelle age 5 (2/9/98)
Anna Joy 2 1/2 (9/10/2000)
and soon to Arrive Joshua Stephen!

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#275 of 1412 Old 03-22-2003, 12:46 PM

My name is Jessica and i am due Around the end of August. I am not sure yet if I am going to have a homebirth with a midwife or a planned unassisted. I am definitely having this child at home though. I have a 4 year old son named Gabriel and a 2 year old daughter named Isabella. Both were hospital births that went as well as possible (in a hospital). I am 24 and thrilled though terrified at times, about becoming a mama of three. My partner is very supportive of me and my pregnancy and is excited to be having another baby. peace!

Happiness despite misery is a great victory, I think...

caffix.gifSingle coffee loving and making mom to fencing.gifds, age 12, hamster.jpg dd, age 10, dog2.gif dd, age 7, flowerkitty.giftigress, cat.gifquinn, hyena.gifblack cat, and wool.gif beatrice the spider. Yeeehawww!!!

#276 of 1412 Old 03-22-2003, 05:26 PM

Pregnant with #3! (#4 when counting spirit child Zion born 9/2/00 @10 wks. gestation.)My name is Audrey,We are due around halloween 2003.Planning to homebirth,as with others.Son-Asher 11/4/99,and Daughter-Dylan 8/26/01,still nursing.Hopefully in water this time.Possibly planned unassisted(exept midwife has the birth tub...and I love birthing with her.)
Exited to birth again!

:::
#277 of 1412 Old 03-23-2003, 10:20 PM

Just found out #2 is on the way, November 28. I'm so incredibly psyched. Planning a home birth. #1 was born 2/21/00 naturally in a birthing center and is still a very avid nurser. Go tandem!
#278 of 1412 Old 03-25-2003, 09:06 PM

I'm Rikki, due with #5 on/about Oct. 17th.

We are planning an unassisted homebirth in WA state. Our insurance won't cover homebirth so (shhhhh don't tell), we'll be having an "emergency" homebirth, which I can get away with because I have very short labors (45 minutes from start to finish with the last baby).

Our 18 mo. old is very much an avid nurser and I'm loving knowing that I'll be tandem nursing again.
#279 of 1412 Old 03-29-2003, 04:12 PM

It's about time I added my name to theis list too!
I'm due with babe #2 around Sept 21 We are so excited! We were ttc for almost 2 years! Ds is still nursing but I don't think he'll still be nursing when the baby comes
We are going to be having the baby in a neighboring (city) hospital (cause we live in a non-friending vbac community) with our wonderful midwifes!
#280 of 1412 Old 03-30-2003, 09:53 PM

I'm pregnant!!

I just found out we are pregnant with #2, I am planning a hombirth with midewife in attendance. My ds was born at the hospital, nd I just wasn't pleased! Well taht's all for now. Will keep you updated!
#281 of 1412 Old 04-01-2003, 12:45 PM

Just found out this past weekend that we're expecting #2. Dd is 20 months old, and we were *planning* on waiting another year. So much for planning

I'm very excited, although I was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix with dd (she was a 29 week preemie), so I know I'll have to have a cerclage and probably do bedrest.

Nevertheless, I'm very excited!!!

Carolyn
TX
#282 of 1412 Old 04-03-2003, 02:43 PM

I'm due with #2 mid July. We are very excited! I reluctantly had a U/S at dh's request. He really wanted to know the gender. I'm being assisted by a midwife this time, after a very traumatic hospital birth with my first.
#283 of 1412 Old 04-03-2003, 02:53 PM
bec

I found out on Sunday that I'm pregnant with #2! We've been trying for 6 months, with a very early miscarriage in December. So, we're very excited, but I'm a little nervous and hoping nothing goes wrong. If all goes well, I'll be due 12/8 and will have a wonderful Christmas present!

DD is 2yo and still nursing day and night! She was born via C-section.

We're planning an HBAC! Seems there's a bunch of women planning that! Good luck to everyone!

Bec

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#284 of 1412 Old 04-05-2003, 02:25 PM

I found out yesterday that i am pregnant. Not sure how far yet but guessing 4-6 weeks...

this will be my 2nd and i am planning on having another water birth at home with a midwife in attendance.

still a bit shocked though...

i am looking forward to having my daughter (who will be 3 in July) at the birth. i have heard so many beautiful stories about sibbling attended births that i feel its so natural and necessary!
#285 of 1412 Old 04-05-2003, 10:14 PM

I am pregnant and due September 6th. This is baby #2 and we are excited! I would love a home birth, but NY state is tough and there is no one around me who can deliver at home births. My three year old will be at the birth and I will do hypnobirthing this time.

Robin
#286 of 1412 Old 04-05-2003, 11:22 PM

I'm new here, pregnant with #1, due 5/17. I'm delivering at a wonderful fsbc here in CA, and throughout my pregnancy I've seen some great midwives. I'm SO excited to have this baby!
#287 of 1412 Old 04-05-2003, 11:44 PM

Hi, I am pregnant with my second child, due July 10th. I have been on limited activity since Valentines day due to on and off preterm labor.
#288 of 1412 Old 04-07-2003, 11:25 PM

I'm due September 9, 2003. But Boo! I'll be a c-section, so it will be a bit earlier than that. This is my fourth-a daughter-we have three beautiful sons already. Unfortunately, this has been an extremely stressful pregnancy due to my MD, but I love being pregnant-always!
#289 of 1412 Old 04-07-2003, 11:30 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally posted by layla
I'm due September 9, 2003. But Boo! I'll be a c-section, so it will be a bit earlier than that. This is my fourth-a daughter-we have three beautiful sons already. Unfortunately, this has been an extremely stressful pregnancy due to my MD, but I love being pregnant-always!
Layla - If I might inquire, why is it already determined that it is going to be a c-section?

Bec

#290 of 1412 Old 04-08-2003, 05:18 PM

I'm Abylite...expecting baby # 1 and very excited. Not sure about birth plan yet...just taking it one day at a time. Looking forward to "getting to know" all of you!
#291 of 1412 Old 04-08-2003, 05:21 PM

I'm pregnant, too, with baby #3. We are excited. I was a little disappointed at first because dh and I were planning on running a marathon (our first) in October, but seeing that I'll be about 32 weeks I won't be able to run with him. But there is always another year after the baby comes.

The day before we decided to run the marathon I was having menstral cramps and because of charting and all I knew I must be ovulating. Dh and I talked about whether or not we were ready to start ttc again. (our youngest will be 2 tomorrow) We decided to try and the rest is history. I am surprised I got pregnant on the first try. It has taken 2 months with the last two pregnancies. I guess this was meant to be.

The next day we talked about the marathon and decided not to ttc anymore until after the race. TOO LATE! The deed was done. So now I am changing my focus from run, run, run to baby baby baby!!!

Anyway, I think we are both hoping for a boy since we have 2 girls. But I'd love another girl.

We are planning another homebirth just like #1 and #2. Hopefully, with the same midwife. I haven't called her yet. We will be using hypnobirthing again, with better results this time, hopefully.
#292 of 1412 Old 04-09-2003, 10:48 AM

My first three boys were sections-my first was an incomplete breech (in a split) who couldn't be turned. With my second, my water broke, but despite massage, herbs, and finally, against my better jusdgement (but I REALLY wanted a vaginal birth) pitocin, I never even had one contraction. My third was a section because my OB wouldn't even discuss a vaginal delivery at this point. I did try to give labor a nudge to no avail. I think my body loves being preggers so much that it just doesn't want to let the baby go into this big, bad world! Any thoughts about a vaginal birth at this point? If it's even possible...I'm really glad to be a part of this forum!
#293 of 1412 Old 04-09-2003, 02:13 PM
bec

Quote:
Any thoughts about a vaginal birth at this point? If it's even possible...I'm really glad to be a part of this forum!
I'm not any kind of expert, but I would post this question on the VBAC board. I would start by finding a provider who is supportive of a VBAC and move from there. And read, read, read. Get as informed as you possibly can. Even if the conclusion you come to is that you need another section, you will be making it from an informed point of view! A good place to start is with The VBAC Companion by Diana Korte. There's a ton of information in it. I don't think you need to automatically settle for a c-section if you don't want to. Good luck, and feel free to pm me if you need any support or just want to vent or something!

Bec

#294 of 1412 Old 04-09-2003, 03:39 PM

The last doula that I spoke with said that sometimes birth just isn't forthcoming and not to feel like less of a woman..I don't. Thankfully my children are healthy, happy, breastfed until they're done, co-sleep, and seem to not feel any less bonding with me (or my husband) because of my sections. I would like, no love, to have a vaginal birth, but I remind myself that fifty or a hundred years ago neither I nor my babes would have made it through childbirth. That keeps a perspective for me and keeps me more at peace with what I've had to endure to birth my wonderful babies. I've switched doctors twice in three years, but I don't know if the docs are afraid of lawsuits or what, after this many c-sections the few that I've spoken with aren't into VBACS at all. If anyone has any MD's to recommend in NJ (I live in Passaic), I'd love to try again. I'm not due until September 9th. Bec, do you have an e-mail or phone # for the VBAC experts?Thanks!
#295 of 1412 Old 04-09-2003, 08:11 PM

Mom to 6 dd and expecting a baby between Thanksgiving and Christmas
#296 of 1412 Old 04-09-2003, 10:43 PM
bec

Quote:
Bec, do you have an e-mail or phone # for the VBAC experts?Thanks!
I am in the Chicago area, and am going to Homefirst. I don't know if they're VBAC experts (generally just focus on homebirths), but they don't flinch away from it either. But there is a VBAC board here on MDC. You might want to check it out. There are folks over there that know a ton more than I do. You also might want to simply do a google search on VBAC and see what comes up.

I'm sorry to here that you're having a hard time finding a VBAC friendly care provider. But it sounds like you have a great attitude about it! I was terribly disappointed after my C-section. I have found myself constantly reevaluating it and it's necessity. I keep thinking that if things had been different. If I hadn't had to fight hospital policy, if I had been home, if I hadn't gone in so soon, etc. everything would have worked out. While my recovery was relatively easy (from what I understand), I had a very hard time breastfeeding and getting that started. I didn't have any problems bonding, though . And I have finally realized that while things didn't go the way I had planned or wanted, I now have a very healthy, happy, thriving 2 year old, who is still nursing!

Even if my planned HBAC doesn't work out, and I end up in a hospital, or even with another c-section, I will know that I have done everything in my power to do what I think is best for myself and my baby. That's my bottom line.

Sorry, this turned into more of a rant than I intended to. This is a really emotionally charged subject for me. Good luck, though. And keep me posted!

Bec

#297 of 1412 Old 04-10-2003, 10:39 AM

Hi! Just found out I am pregnant with #2. Due date in December. We're pretty darn excited

~Deirdre
#298 of 1412 Old 04-15-2003, 10:53 AM

Hi all. I'm newly pregnant with #1! Due in mid-December if all goes well.
#299 of 1412 Old 04-15-2003, 02:32 PM

Still in shock - found out on 4/13 that I am pg! Due December 16. Can't hardly believe that it's true!! WOOHOO! This will be #1 for us, after 2 years of trying & some surgery.
#300 of 1412 Old 04-15-2003, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by N2theWoods
Still in shock - found out on 4/13 that I am pg! Due December 16. Can't hardly believe that it's true!! WOOHOO! This will be #1 for us, after 2 years of trying & some surgery.
An extra big congrats to you for achieving pregnancy... sounds like you've worked hard for it and deserve it very much!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page