Pregnant Beauties Rollcall!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1412 Old 04-19-2002, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am due June 9. This will be our first baby! We are having a homebirth with CNM. Don't know if it's a boy or girl, so we'll be plenty surprised!
#62 of 1412 Old 04-19-2002, 02:20 PM

HI!
I am due with #2 - just got my due date, December 4th. I really wanted a homebirth, but it looks like it will have to be a really nice birthing center instead. As long as it's not the HOSPITAL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to see if I can have a waterbirth there.

Had dd naturally and could not believe the pain, but I aim to go that route again.
Jenn
#63 of 1412 Old 04-20-2002, 01:48 AM

We are due with our first around June 9th!

Chose not to find out the baby's sex, want to be surprised. I'm supposedly "high risk", only because I'm 38, but nobody's made much of a big deal out of it yet, except that my doctor talked me into an ultrasound, "just to be sure". Due to the limitations of our insurance carrier, we have to use a hospital, and the hospital I chose has no midwives who deliver there!! They do have jacuzzis though, and a nice, calm atmosphere.

One thing that I think is going to be a real benefit is that we are taking Bradley Method classes, which I highly recommend. We've learned so much!
#64 of 1412 Old 04-21-2002, 01:51 PM

soon... really soon

I'm pregnant with first. Due May first, *****9 days***** give or take a week!

Planning a waterbirth at home with 2 midwife and a student midwife. Not sure of sex... just want to meet the little tyke at this point!
#65 of 1412 Old 04-21-2002, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, as of today I am officially here.

This is my third child and I am due Dec. 25, 2002.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#66 of 1412 Old 04-23-2002, 08:29 PM

Baby # 2 in the beginning of October (5th-15 is my guess). We'll be having an unassisted birth at home just down the street from a hospital should an emergency situation occur. A dear friend who is currently an apprentice midwife in training as well. My first, Jackson Tell, was born in a hospital all natural when I was 18 (8 yrs ago) and I know SO much more now that I think this will be no problem. I am using a cnm for prenatal care until August, when we'll be moving. My mate and I have been reading (and we need to start practicing as well) the Bradley method. I meditated naturally (a first for me--I had never meditated before at all) with my son and so the Bradley appeals to me.

Hoping for a girl but not turning boys away!

Good luck to everyone.

Joy
#67 of 1412 Old 04-23-2002, 08:35 PM

Hi Cynthia! (that's my mother's name!). My user name is Piglet and I have been posting here at mothering.com for a while now but haven't gotten around to visiting this forum yet.

I am having a girl, my first baby, and she will be born on July 16 by scheduled c-section. Her name is Emily Jasna (pronounced "YASS-na", it's Croatian).

I look forward to getting to know other "july moms".

thanks for doing this.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#68 of 1412 Old 04-24-2002, 01:40 AM

I'm due May 27 with #1, a boy - Lazarus James. I had to find out the gender because I had two dreams right after conception in which a beautiful little boy greeted me as "mama"... Also have a 10yo stepdaughter, Johnnie, who lives with us half-time and is really looking forward to meeting her baby brother.

I'm hoping for a natural birth, and am taking Bradley classes to improve my odds. My OB seems supportive of my choices and hasn't given me the "but you're 35 and high-risk" rigamarole. I'd love to home birth with a midwife, but I am going the hospital route (possibly with a doula) because my insurance only covers hospital/OB and both DH and I are now unemployed.

I'm also hoping lil' Lazarus will decide to come early, now that we're past the danger point. Anyone else due soon and ready to lose their marbles? I've loved pregnancy, but suddenly I don't know how much more barfing and joint pain and weird Braxton-Hicks and near-immobility and sleeplessness I can take... but that's another thread, isn't it??

Anyway (to end on a happy note!), congrats to all the mamas-to-be!!!!
#69 of 1412 Old 04-24-2002, 05:39 PM

Hi! I'm Victoria and due first week in December (the 5th, but I'm keeping an open mind ).

I'm interviewing midwives/alternative birthing centers and even a practice of dr.'s who attend you in your own home! I want a homebirth but dh doesn't know where he stands yet.

All the Best,
Victoria
#70 of 1412 Old 04-25-2002, 03:03 PM

I'm due with #2 any day now, and I'm walking around with a head lodged between my legs! I really hope to go soon, today I found out I'm over 4 cm dialated so at least I know that this baby wants to come out. My dd was a 2 1/2 weeks over induction ( just awful!) We are having a homeibrth this time... wish us luck!
Warmly,
Jolene
#71 of 1412 Old 04-26-2002, 02:36 AM

hi
i am new here... pregnant with our first, due november 30th. we're a bit suprised, but plenty excited!
-sarah
#72 of 1412 Old 04-27-2002, 08:25 PM

HI all!!
This is my first posting and our first child. I'm due oct 20 and will hopefully be birthing in a birthing center with a midwife.
One funny thing is that I knew that I was pregnant 2 DAYS! after conception, it was just a feeling and then 2 LONG!! weeks later I could take the home preg test.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE OTHERS OUT THERE!!!!
Lisa
#73 of 1412 Old 04-28-2002, 05:13 PM

Just took the test today! Positive! (day 29)

I am a first time mom. I had a miscariage 1 1/2 years ago, but we were NOT ready then!

Hope to have a home birth, we'll see what the Universe provides!

Due January 5.
#74 of 1412 Old 04-29-2002, 06:07 AM

We're expecting our 3rd baby the end of June. We aren't finding out the gender with this one! We're holding out for a surprise ending! We are planning our 1st home/waterbirth & I'm SO excited. (1st birth was a nasty hospital birth, 2nd a wonderful waterbirth at a free-standing birthing center with a midwife.) I tend to go overdue so I'm thinking early July. Our boys, almost 3 & just turned 6, are SO excited!!!
#75 of 1412 Old 04-29-2002, 11:05 PM

Hey everyone. Congatulations!! I am due Dec. 13, 2002 with my third child. A bit worried because of a miscarriage three months ago, but very happy! DS is 4.5 and DD is 3 and still happily nursing. Although I long to nurse the new baby alone(got pg with dd when ds was only 7 months old and tandem nursed until he turned four)but we'll see.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#76 of 1412 Old 04-30-2002, 12:46 AM

I'm expecting baby #2 mid July. We don't know if it's a boy or girl. We didn't know with dd but I had an instinct that she was a girl. This time I just don't know.

Dd is still nursing well - she's 19 months - and we'll tandem nurse. She loves my growing belly and kisses it all the time. Hopefully she'll love the baby when he or she arrives!

The birth will be at a birthing centre with a midwife and a doula.
#77 of 1412 Old 04-30-2002, 10:12 AM

I'm pregnant! I was due last Wednesday. I am having a homebirth with a DE midwife.
#78 of 1412 Old 05-01-2002, 06:15 PM

Hi everyone. I'm pregnant with my first and am SO excited. I'm due November 26, 2002, but of course I'm sure the baby will come whenever s/he feels like it. Plan on having the baby in the hospital and am seriously looking into using hypnobirthing to make it easier. DH and I live in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

All my best to everyone!
#79 of 1412 Old 05-03-2002, 04:25 PM

Pregnant with our third child, my official due date is August 26th, but I am always about 2 weeks late so September!

We plan a homebirth with a CNM and an apprentice lay midwife in attendance.
#80 of 1412 Old 05-04-2002, 09:32 AM

After 11 months of trying, we are PREGNANT!!!!
I am so so so so
Soooooo HAPPY!!!

#81 of 1412 Old 05-05-2002, 12:13 AM

Congratulations LaLa!!!!

#82 of 1412 Old 05-05-2002, 01:05 PM

First baby

Due in Late September- the Estimated is 9/28/02- although the ultrasound 2 weeks ago said maybe a week early
not complaining would love a Virgo just like me

i wanted a homebirth- but i live in NJ, and it was too expensive to do -
so im taking advantage of great public health care with no docs, all midwives and nurses
Ill be in my hospital birth pavillion with my hubby, mom, and best friend

and i think its a boy

yay!!!!!!!!!!!
#83 of 1412 Old 05-06-2002, 06:37 PM

My due date is 9/21!

I am a bit nervous as this pregnancy was not planned and my dd will only be 15 months old when my due date rolls around. Also, I live in WI and do not have any friends or family around so it really stinks.

Thank goodness for all of you! Your posts help keep me sane!

Rebecca
#84 of 1412 Old 05-07-2002, 06:28 PM

I'm expecting #2 on August 22!

We're not finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl, and we've been having fun speculating.

At-home mom to a teenager, an infant, and three in between!
#85 of 1412 Old 05-08-2002, 07:46 PM

Hi!
This is my third pregnancy, my first ended in miscarriage and my second ended in a happy healthy bouncing baby boy who is 13 months old. I am feeling okay, nausea and tired, achy pelvis. Congratulations to you all....wishing you all a happy healthy pregnancy.

Aimee
#86 of 1412 Old 05-09-2002, 05:53 PM

Hello!
Congratulations to all of you! I am pregnant too. Three and a half months along and due October 28th.

I have a DD who will be three on 6/10, this will be baby #2. We plan a natural birth in a hospital with a nurse midwife, just like last time, except I'd love to skip the petocine this time.

I hope all the mama's who get to carry their babies through the hot summer months find cool breezes and lots of time in the shade.

Peace.
#87 of 1412 Old 05-10-2002, 04:41 PM

Im due June 10th with baby #2. VBAC at a birth center. Im so excited!!!
#88 of 1412 Old 05-11-2002, 01:12 PM

Hi there

I'm expecting my #4 for New Years Eve. I'm excited. I will be doing it at the hospital because I tend to lose ALOT of blood and require help there. I can't quite figure it out other than it only takes about 6 contractions and a babe is born, so it's traumatizing to my system.

I'd love a home birth, but am too scared and the cost is daunting, so I figure, let's do it where i"m comfortable, and my OB is wonderful.she had me laughing all the way through my last delivery.
#89 of 1412 Old 05-12-2002, 11:25 PM

Just got that elusive "second line" on the pregnancy test this morning-- Mother's Day!! :-) This will be my second baby; my first is a girl, born 9/18/00. She's nursing (lots), so not sure whether I'll be tandem nursing. Really hoping she'll decide for herself to cut back before the new baby comes. I love nursing her, and haven't wanted to force weaning, but I'm a bit overwhelmed at how much in-demand I'd be nursing two at once.

I guess I'm due the middle of January-- maybe 1/19/03. It hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I'm thrilled nonetheless.

I had a hospital birth with a CNM last time, and am hoping for a home water birth this time.

Best wishes for all of you and your babies,
Wendy

Momma of three, born 9/2000, 1/2003 and 12/2012!  Married to my beautiful wife, whatever the law says. Nurse practitioner student, RN, childbirth educator and birth doula

#90 of 1412 Old 05-12-2002, 11:42 PM

Hi, I'm Anne and I'm pregnant with no. 2 due around January 17th.

I had a baby boy, Josiah Patrick, 18 mo ago in a natural hospital birth with a family physician that practices a midwifery model of care and a wonderful doula.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page