What does a placenta smoothie really taste like? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My MW has offered to prepare a smoothie postpartum with my placenta. She said it doesn't really taste like anything...hmmm...could this be true? She insists the iron is very important and I don't really want to spend a lot of money to encapsulate it, so...raw anyone? smoothie anyone?

Nurse and mother to two beautiful boys, William 06/07/06, George 08/27/08, and our newest addition John Bear, born 9/20/10! Married to my lovely dh for 10 years on 06/04/10!
#2 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 07:05 PM

I have never personally sampled placenta smoothie, but the uc board is full of smilies when refering to the placenta smoothie. I would go over there and ask for advice and taste opinions! good luck with your quest for the yummiest placenta ingestion method!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#3 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 10:48 PM

If the placenta was well rinsed, I could see it not tasting of anything but the other ingredients. And doesn't orange juice help iron absorption anyway?
#4 of 4 Old 08-02-2008, 10:54 PM

mine tasted like strawberries.I just added lots of them and a banana to each tablespoon or so of placenta in the blender.I HIGHLY reccomend doing it!

:::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page