Hyperemesis Gravidarum Support Tribe (Also extreme nausea/vomiting) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  17  ... Last
I'm Pregnant > Hyperemesis Gravidarum Support Tribe (Also extreme nausea/vomiting)
Azreial's Avatar Azreial 06:59 PM 10-21-2008
I think all drugs carry that warning since it would be unethical to do drug testing on pregnante women.

And no dtd over here between just feeling gross, being overwhelmed by smells and the motion sickness thing it ain't happening

HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 03:35 PM 10-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeing_stars View Post
So um... has anyone found it possible to be intimate ? I wasn't feeling fabulous, but DH was feeling really frisky, so I figured I'd try and well, I think I got motion sickness and it ended tragically Eek.

I am SO ready to be done with HG! I've had a few days recently where I have felt decent, but the bad days remind me that I am only 1/3 done with this pregnancy.
Oh, motion sickness. Bad! I've never puked, but I was definitely miserable!

Azreial's Avatar Azreial 03:49 PM 10-22-2008
My mw wants me to get the 18 week u/s to check on the babies growth because of the hg. She said that the baby seems to be growing ok and seems healthy. Does this seem normal?

I REALLY don't want to have an u/s. Long story short, last pg was twins and I had way too many and they became extremly stressful, so much so that I almost had an anxiety attack when I had both u/s this pg (one for bleeding the other for not being able to find hb) and I did have an anxiety attack when I had to have an u/s for a gyn issue about 6 months back.
mom2annika's Avatar mom2annika 04:29 PM 10-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
My mw wants me to get the 18 week u/s to check on the babies growth because of the hg. She said that the baby seems to be growing ok and seems healthy. Does this seem normal?

I REALLY don't want to have an u/s. Long story short, last pg was twins and I had way too many and they became extremly stressful, so much so that I almost had an anxiety attack when I had both u/s this pg (one for bleeding the other for not being able to find hb) and I did have an anxiety attack when I had to have an u/s for a gyn issue about 6 months back.
Is there anything you could do for the anxiety? Rescue Remedy or breathing exercises or something?

My MW's have commented that I've not gained any weight in the last several weeks but I don't think they're terribly concerned. Babe is measuring a week ahead, in fact (measured 33 wks). And since I was plus-size to begin with, I'm not concerned. I wish I felt better though <sigh>.

You'll just have to decide if it's worth the stress for you. GL!
MomtoXane's Avatar MomtoXane 05:50 PM 10-22-2008
Definitely express your concerns about the u/s. It wouldn't hurt to wait another month or so, there isn't really any information to be gained that would be of any use right now anyways.
Azreial's Avatar Azreial 06:10 PM 10-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2annika View Post
Is there anything you could do for the anxiety? Rescue Remedy or breathing exercises or something?
Oh I rescue remeedy it up, do the breathing, distracting my thoughts etc. I have mild hospital related ptsd which was seriously agravated with all the medical drama of my last pregnancy and then c/s

I think I may wimp out and have dh talk to them At this point I don't think its worth the stress it would bring, maybe if there were concerns beyond the fact that I've been so sick......
HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 06:17 PM 10-22-2008
No, you don't need any u/s. I didn't have any during my last 2 pregnancies and everything went fine. My youngest was UP/UC. My mw (w/ dd, middle pregnancy) palpated and could tell that dd hadn't grown much in the 3rd tri so she had me eating more protein-dense foods. She did NOT say I needed an ultrasound and, in fact, seemed to not think they were great anyway.

You can decline.
Azreial's Avatar Azreial 01:48 PM 10-23-2008
I've been taking zofran and phenergan for my hg. Well I had a checkup Tuesday and got a 30day rx for the phenergan. There was seom pharmacy drama, well pharmacist drama

Anyway the ins will pay for the 30day (120 suppositories) but pharamists insists that is not an ok rx. She calls mw, mw changes rx to 36 suppositories and tells dh (I was too irrate to talk) that she talked to suprvising ob and that giving me the 30day supply was poisining me.

Ok now I have been taking the phenergan for close to that long. It is poisoning me? anyone know if its ok to be on it for so long? Of is that just bs? If I'm going to be on it for another month I NEED the 30 supply, paying $20 every couple of days is not in the budget. WE've already spent $300 in the last month between the phenergan, zofran (ins will only cover 2 day supply) and the reglan that didn't work

I'm just so frustrated any advise would be great
NatureMama3's Avatar NatureMama3 05:08 PM 10-23-2008
Of course it's ok. Idiots! I really hate doctors. sorry. (note my title)

Can you get a consult with a different doc? Maybe ask for doc recommends on helpher.org site?

eta: bummer! it's gone (the april fool's title). It used to say "mailing vomit to doctors"
mom2annika's Avatar mom2annika 05:11 PM 10-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
I've been taking zofran and phenergan for my hg. Well I had a checkup Tuesday and got a 30day rx for the phenergan. There was seom pharmacy drama, well pharmacist drama

Anyway the ins will pay for the 30day (120 suppositories) but pharamists insists that is not an ok rx. She calls mw, mw changes rx to 36 suppositories and tells dh (I was too irrate to talk) that she talked to suprvising ob and that giving me the 30day supply was poisining me.

Ok now I have been taking the phenergan for close to that long. It is poisoning me? anyone know if its ok to be on it for so long? Of is that just bs? If I'm going to be on it for another month I NEED the 30 supply, paying $20 every couple of days is not in the budget. WE've already spent $300 in the last month between the phenergan, zofran (ins will only cover 2 day supply) and the reglan that didn't work

I'm just so frustrated any advise would be great
"Poisoning you"??? How many does that pharmacist think you're taking at once?

I don't get it. Sounds like you need to ask them some more questions...but I'd start with the MW and OB. Write out a script if necessary before you call. Tell them the pharmacy didn't want to fill the original prescription as written and you're not clear on why, or why they agreed to change it to suit the pharmacist. Explain the budget issue. You might need a new pharmacy in the end.

GL!
Azreial's Avatar Azreial 06:01 PM 10-23-2008
we had to go to not our normal pharmacy. I had run out and our pharmacy was closed for the night, apprently this other pharmasist has a habit of question dr and "being right". DH talked to our normal pharmacy and they she the other pharmacist was WRONG WRONG WRONG and they knew exactly who it was without dh telling them where he went :

DH has a call into the birthcenter and is going to explain how he talked to our usual pharmacist and the budget issues. So : that this gets straightened out.

Thanks for your answers. I can't tell you how glad I am that this tribe is here especially on MDC

NatureMama3 if you'd like to take up your mailings again I'm sure I could supply you with some vomit
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 08:51 PM 10-23-2008
I'm coming to join you ladies though I'm not entirely convinced I have HG. I hope you don't mind me lurking as I do more research and stuff.
NatureMama3's Avatar NatureMama3 12:36 PM 10-24-2008
So glad you got the RX. {{{{HUG}}}} :
HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 01:45 PM 10-24-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I'm coming to join you ladies though I'm not entirely convinced I have HG. I hope you don't mind me lurking as I do more research and stuff.
Lurk or join in -- whatever works for you.
MomtoXane's Avatar MomtoXane 04:01 PM 10-24-2008
No one ever tells you how expensive it is when you have HG...
Extra co-pays for visits
Prescription fees
OTC remedies
Various food remedies
Loss of productivity
It all adds up!!

These last two weeks I've really been struggling with nausea. None of the medications help, none of the food remedies or other trick help, it's awful! I feel like I'm going to be sick all day every day. At least I'm almost 24 weeks now and the end is closer than the beginning...
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 04:17 PM 10-24-2008
I'm not hungry today... is that bad? I remember getting like this w/ds2 but I was much later on.
I tried to eat something earlier but it decided it didn't like me.
HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 02:31 PM 10-25-2008
Sometimes I tried to eat little bits of stuff, but frequently I just didn't eat until something REALLY hit me and then I needed it NOW.
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 02:44 PM 10-25-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthatgirl View Post
Sometimes I tried to eat little bits of stuff, but frequently I just didn't eat until something REALLY hit me and then I needed it NOW.
Yeah, DH doesn't quite get that either. I asked him for something the other day. He brought it to me 8 hours later. Knowing he wouldn't "get it" and not wanting to be ungrateful, I choked it down anyway, managing not to puke and not to audibly gag.

ETA: It probably didn't help that I didn't quite "get it" either at that point. I mean, my m/s with my previous 2 hasn't been *this* bad.
Btw, I told my mom how I'm feeling. Her response was "I hope you're not having twins." (I have twin brothers.)
HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 04:32 PM 10-25-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Yeah, DH doesn't quite get that either. I asked him for something the other day. He brought it to me 8 hours later. Knowing he wouldn't "get it" and not wanting to be ungrateful, I choked it down anyway, managing not to puke and not to audibly gag.

ETA: It probably didn't help that I didn't quite "get it" either at that point. I mean, my m/s with my previous 2 hasn't been *this* bad.
Btw, I told my mom how I'm feeling. Her response was "I hope you're not having twins." (I have twin brothers.)
Aahhhhhh. Heh uhh.... Yeah. How soon can you get an ultrasound to check that one?
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 05:08 PM 10-25-2008
Quote:
Aahhhhhh. Heh uhh.... Yeah. How soon can you get an ultrasound to check that one?
My u/s is actually for the 28th since I'm not sure exactly how far I am so I need it for dating. I'm guessing I'm 6 weeks (and I've been feeling sick for 4 already so...) but my m/w figures I'm 8. We can't go by LMP since I'm still nursing so AF's been MIA.
seeing_stars's Avatar seeing_stars 03:34 PM 10-27-2008
I feel like such a pregnancy disaster I ended up in ER last night for severe abdominal pain and I have a kidney stone that is still in my kidney at this point, so I need to prepare for that to pass. Meanwhile, HG has been flaring up and I am terrified of this kidney stone because during my late first trimester/early second trimester I have an issue with not being able to urinate without a lot of strain and drama. As soon as that goes away my SPD kicks in. UGH.
Isamama's Avatar Isamama 03:36 PM 10-27-2008
Quote:
I feel like such a pregnancy disaster I ended up in ER last night for severe abdominal pain and I have a kidney stone that is still in my kidney at this point, so I need to prepare for that to pass. Meanwhile, HG has been flaring up and I am terrified of this kidney stone because during my late first trimester/early second trimester I have an issue with not being able to urinate without a lot of strain and drama. As soon as that goes away my SPD kicks in. UGH.

Big Hugs! I am so sorry to hear of your pain. You don't seem to be getting a break!

Wishing that things get peaceful to you really soon!
HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 03:49 PM 10-27-2008
Quote:

chiro for the spd. it helps.

nak
seeing_stars's Avatar seeing_stars 04:20 PM 10-27-2008
Quote:

chiro for the spd. it helps.

nak
Luckily, one of my dearest friends is a chiro, she will be taking care of me with the SPD
MomtoXane's Avatar MomtoXane 04:47 PM 10-27-2008
Back from the OB, everything looks good, all my test results are normal. I'm now on every other week visits! I asked for a refill on my Zofran and she also prescribed Cimetidine (Tagamet), an H2 blocker. Is anyone on reflux meds? It's a class B drug, so I'm going to try it out. The next step is to add Reglan again, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

I saw the diabetic counselor who gave me a week to try the diet and see if I can keep my blood sugars down. Other wise I'll be going on insulin. I'm seeing her every week until things get settled.

My 24hr urine came back slightly elevated, but my creatine levels were normal. My bp has been stable, but we're still keeping an eye on it for possible signs of pre-eclampsia.

So yeah I'm getting those "Why can't I have a normal pregnancy!" feelings big time!!
HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 06:08 PM 10-27-2008
Quote:
Luckily, one of my dearest friends is a chiro, she will be taking care of me with the SPD
Oh, that's awesome! Good for you.
HarperRose's Avatar HarperRose 06:09 PM 10-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoXane View Post
So yeah I'm getting those "Why can't I have a normal pregnancy!" feelings big time!!
Oh yeah! Totally know how that goes.
forest~mama's Avatar forest~mama 07:40 PM 10-27-2008
I just wanted to speak up about my experiences with Phenergan-someone was asking about anti-nausea drugs a few pages back. When I took it, it helped me keep some food down and sleep. It did not make my nausea go away at all. I swear I wished I could have slept my entire pregnancy-next time I will have a dd to watch after so I guess I will have to drag myself off the sofa more often.
lil_miss_understood's Avatar lil_miss_understood 03:24 AM 10-28-2008
I keep swinging between "I belong here" and "I don't belong here". I've had 4 good days in a row where I've been able to both eat and drink (more than I have been in any case) although food aversions are still in full force. I'm also still totally exhausted (despite having 10-12 hours of sleep daily) and nauseous, having a hard time thinking in general but particularly about food (this is likely to be a recurring problem for me since DH cannot cook and we have food sensitivities/allergies in the household so it makes things difficult to say the least). I think I'm still mildly dehydrated because my lips are still pretty chapped.
This might be stupid, but when do you know you need to go for rehydration? I don't *think* I'm at that point but really, how do you *know*? Do you just rely on Ketostix? Where do you get them?
MomtoXane's Avatar MomtoXane 11:00 AM 10-28-2008
Jac - I know that after every one of my trips for IV fluids I felt so much better. Here are the signs to look for:

The initial signs and symptoms of mild dehydration in adults appear when the body has lost about 2% of it's total fluid. These mild dehydration symptoms are often (but not limited to):

* Thirst
* Loss of Appetite
* Dry Skin
* Skin Flushing
* Dark Colored Urine
* Dry Mouth
* Fatique or Weakness
* Chills
* Head Rushes

If the dehydration is allowed to continue unabated, when the total fluid loss reaches 5% the following effects of dehydration are normally experienced:

* Increased heart rate
* Increased respiration
* Decreased sweating
* Decreased urination
* Increased body temperature
* Extreme fatigue
* Muscle cramps
* Headaches
* Nausea
* Tingling of the limbs

When the body reaches 10% fluid loss emergency help is needed IMMEDIATELY! 10% fluid loss and above is often fatal! Symptoms of severe dehydration include:

* Muscle spasms
* Vomiting
* Racing pulse
* Shriveled skin
* Dim vision
* Painful urination
* Confusion
* Difficulty breathing
* Seizures
* Chest and Abdominal pain
* Unconciousness
First ... 5  6  7 8  9  17  ... Last