Was your baby's gender prediction (ultrasound) wrong? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2008, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With #1 we had an US at 18 weeks, the OB said we were having a girl. When I was 7 months we had a 4D US at a strip mall. The tech asked if we had had any previous US indicating the gender, so we told him. When he was looking at the genitals, there was what seemed like a very long pause...some hmmms and hesitation...and then he told us "girl, 100%" so we were very surprised when my SON was born. We had no boy names or clothes, but were delighted with our healthy beautiful boy.

With this pregnancy, I wasn't going to find out, but at 36 weeks I needed a series of US/BPP to rule out IUGR. And I couldn't resist not being told through multiple sonograms, so we are expecting a boy. But I haven't gotten rid of the baby girls things we have from DS#1's shower!

(But I think we are probably having another boy )

Jenny, earth.gif flowersforyou.gif   treehugger.gif gd.gif coolshine.giffamilybed2.gifdust.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 03:59 PM

I have been paranoid about this issue since we first found out it was a girl. We have an US printout of her girly bits, but I'm a worrywart and kept thinking she'd be a boy. Girls names are easy for us, but we can't think of boys names. Not to mention we got TONS of girl stuff at our shower, etc. Due to some complications I had an US last week at 35 weeks and made them verify she is still a girl :

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

Old 08-30-2008, 04:02 PM

I know someone who has had 2 US predictions wrong. Her first child was supposed to be a boy and was a girl. Her second child was supposed to be a girl and was a boy.

User Tag List