Was your baby's gender prediction (ultrasound) wrong? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 08-30-2008, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With #1 we had an US at 18 weeks, the OB said we were having a girl. When I was 7 months we had a 4D US at a strip mall. The tech asked if we had had any previous US indicating the gender, so we told him. When he was looking at the genitals, there was what seemed like a very long pause...some hmmms and hesitation...and then he told us "girl, 100%" so we were very surprised when my SON was born. We had no boy names or clothes, but were delighted with our healthy beautiful boy.

With this pregnancy, I wasn't going to find out, but at 36 weeks I needed a series of US/BPP to rule out IUGR. And I couldn't resist not being told through multiple sonograms, so we are expecting a boy. But I haven't gotten rid of the baby girls things we have from DS#1's shower!

(But I think we are probably having another boy )

Jenny, earth.gif flowersforyou.gif   treehugger.gif gd.gif coolshine.giffamilybed2.gifdust.gif
#32 of 33 Old 08-30-2008, 02:59 PM

I have been paranoid about this issue since we first found out it was a girl. We have an US printout of her girly bits, but I'm a worrywart and kept thinking she'd be a boy. Girls names are easy for us, but we can't think of boys names. Not to mention we got TONS of girl stuff at our shower, etc. Due to some complications I had an US last week at 35 weeks and made them verify she is still a girl :

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#33 of 33 Old 08-30-2008, 03:02 PM

I know someone who has had 2 US predictions wrong. Her first child was supposed to be a boy and was a girl. Her second child was supposed to be a girl and was a boy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page