June Mama's Nov 1st - 8th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 105 Old 11-07-2003, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ugh, I am sooooooooo tired

I don't ever get morning sickness, so I think being tired is my 'thing' I could go to sleep right now and not wake up till tomorrow. I am more sleep deprived with this pregnancy then the last one, because DS#2 is still waking up a lot at night to nurse. It seems as soon as I knew I was PG, he has been nursing like crazy!

As far as housework....My Mom lives with us. All the 'common' areas are always picked up and clean, because my Mom is a Type A housekeeper. However, the second floor (My and DH's room, and baby's room) are in shambles, because we never seem to be able to get the clean laundry put away. My older DS's room is trashed too, I was in the middle of cleaning it out with a blow torch and getting rid of half of what he has in there (he likes the idea) but I'm sooooo tired I can't get it finished....DH and I try to get each other psyched up to put all the laundry away as soon as it is done...not working :

I don't think I could have a homebirth in an apartment, I too am a screamer. I also have been known to make loud noises like a wild animal ild

Happy Birthday Laura!

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#92 of 105 Old 11-07-2003, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We are looking at moving. We found a nice big place out in the country...the only problem is the landlord lives right next door! I'm afraid of what he would think of the home birth thing. It's not like I'd tell him what I was planning, but still...I guess I could just scream into a pillow and he might never even know.
#93 of 105 Old 11-07-2003, 11:14 PM

I think the worst of the ms is over. Knock on wood. I'm almost 10 weeks. But the fatigue is still over me like a blanket. I've not "cleaned" my house in two weeks. It's picked up (my dh helps with picking up) but the vacuum hasn't been run (and I have a cat and a dog), the bathroom is a disgrace, and there are literally cobwebs here and there ... and not left over Halloween decorations. Not to mention the yard full of leaves. No, wait, that's typical slackness and not pregnancy related. Anyway, I have a friend from elementary school who is coming over tomorrow to help me clean. I LOVE HER.

Anyway, I'm hoping she can get me over this hump and get me back on track. Then I'm only 8 hours in the hole for work this week. Guess what I'm going to be doing all weekend!

Sarah, just wanted to say how sorry I am you are so sick. Hope things start to get better for you really soon.
#94 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Banned

Just wanted to update you all. I read my lease, CAREFULLY, and the worst they can get me for is evidently we can get evicted for conspiring to injure another person. Weird, but they have all these anti-gang things so it's not really that surprising. It is still a stretch, though.

We could get written up for a noise complaint-there is an old lady on the other side of us that called the office in the middle of the day because my brother was practicing his guitar "too loud". Quiet hours are from 9pm-9am.

So I guess I will try not to scream into my dining room or kitchen wall and I will stay out of my bro's room. Although a sadistic part of me would love to scream bloody murder.

I am not a very loud birther, so I am not concerned. I was mostly wondering if they found out after the fact, but looks like it'd be a hard sell.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support.

hey, anyone get sick AFTER they eat? I feel hungry, but not overly nauseated, but after I eat, whoa. Seems backward.

Julie
#95 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
well, I'm 10 wks today (or, I guess that would technically be yesterday, lol!) Feeling just as sick as ever, but hopefully it's just a few more weeks of this. I just can't wait for the day when I notice I feel normal again I am super tired, keep falling asleep in the middle of the day (Ben has been watching lots of movies!) and if I don't I pass out when I put him to bed. Unfortunately, if I fall asleep with him, I'm wide awake a few hours later and can't get back to sleep until 3 or 4. I do end up getting 8 or 9 hours total, but feel like death warmed over when I have to get up in the morning after sleeping only a few hours. DH asked to sleep in tomorrow and he's been so great this week that I think I'll get up with Ben, at least just move downstairs to the couch and put a movie on That's what Dan does most days anyway!

It's our anniversary tomorrow, 5 years! That seems like such a long time, doesn't feel like it's been that long. Anyway, my sister is coming over after Ben's asleep and we're going to have Japanese food and see the new Matrix movie in the fancy, too-expensive "Director's" theater near here. I think we've done almost the same thing for the past 3 years, same theater, same restaurant, different movie. I just hope I feel OK through it, better take a bag of Preggie Pops with me, lol!

Oh, we're having an HB in our apartment and I so don't care about the noise. I doubt I'll be all that loud, but the people in the building next door have regular screaming sessions, so they can kiss my butt. Not to mention Ben has gone through phases of rather loud screaming, I don't think anyone would be too disturbed by more noise

That reminds me, I really need to call the MW next week and make an appt. We don't have the money for the birth now (and not quite sure how we're going to get it) so I've been putting off meeting with anyone. I'm also so worried about getting flack for not wanting most of the testing and other crap and I don't want to find out my first choice won't be good with all my requests and she's the least medical of all the MW's in our area.

I have totally fell behind in the posts, so sorry if I missed anything. I should start reading this thread first instead of leaving it to the end, I'm always so tired and bleary by the time I get to posting. I hope you all have a lovely Saturday!

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#96 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 12:36 PM

good morning all. i am officially conquered by morning sickness, which has evolved into more of a night sickness for me. i am just over 8 weeks,hoping this will fade away soon. i spoke to my midwife yesterday as i am dehydrated,and went shopping for things she recommended like Recharge (drink) as well as B6 for the sickness itself. drank a bunch and promptly threw it all up. i feel awful.

i have been having trouble sleeping so i took some magnesium and some skullcap last night,i amnot sure if any was absorbed but i did sleep pretty well considering.

well its off to the city this morning as karl's company has a table at a local environmental sustainability show. i getto go droolover the big giant organic beds :LOL

hope you are all feeling better than me. ((((Doula Sarah!))) take care!

Tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#97 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 03:09 PM

Hey mamas. I can't even start to catch up, so i will post a small line. I am on an Iv, which is great. I have to change the bags and all that. I am also on a Zofran Infusion Pump, which has to have the site changed every 24 hours because I get horrible welts. They hurt so bad. I was scared because it didn't work for the naseua right away, but it seems to be working ok now. Joel has to give me the shot/cathedar, which is scary, but he is doing a good job. I just thought that I would let you all know.

My friends are amazing and taking great care of me. This is the e-vite they put out...I am the one with no baby (inside still..) and those are some of my mom/freinds that I doula-ed this past year for. My hair is down to my waist, it is just pulled back so I look weird. Thanks for your support. This was at my daugters birthday party last week when i still felt good. You can enlarge the picture.

http://www.evite.com/pages/invite/vi...seToExpand=yes

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#98 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 03:30 PM

Why Why Why Why do I go to the birth boards on non ap friendly sites??????? I was on the birth board for June 04 mommies and there was a post about bottlefeeding. I can't even begin to tell you how many of them said that ff was just as good and the studies about having healthier children if they are bf were wrong because they ff their first or they were ff as a baby and they are fine. The a couple started bashing LLL and when someone posted in defense they got angry! I know it's only gonna get worse when the baby's get here and all they talk about is how they don't have to hold their baby, and how great CIO is and blah blah blah. Why do some people have kids if they don't want to make the investment???????? UGH!! Ok off my soapbox!
#99 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 03:50 PM

I hope every one is doing well today. I have been MIA for a day or two. So many posts! I really love this group. I have been reading, but too sick to post.

I had a huge scare yesterday.....I woke up and had a slight bit of spotting. I have NEVER spotted during a pregnancy that I carried full-term. The only time I spotted was the one I miscarried. So I totally freaked out. I called the u/s place and begged to get in yesterday. They squeezed me in at 3:30pm. I was a wreck the entire day. I couldn't eat anything...I can't eat when I am stressed. That of course, made my nausea worse. I got to the appointment, and got in fairly quickly. She started out trying to do it abdominally. She found the gestational sac, but at first it only measured 7weeks 4days. I freaked even more, because I knew I was 9 weeks 1 day. So she does it vaginally, and she is measuring this, that and the other thing. She told me that I ovulated from my left ovary, she could still see the corpus luteum cyst. Finally, she focuses on the fetus, there it is!!! She is looking and looking, and I had to ask, "Is the heart beating???" She says "Oh, yes...see that flicker right there? That's it" YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost started crying. The heart rate was 180. Then, the baby started moving! It was amazing. I have never had an u/s this early, but I am so relieved to have the option now, when I was so scared.

My dh was so wonderful too. He had no worries, he said it would be fine. He has such confidence!

Well, I got home last night, and was soooo naueous. I ate dinner, but I felt horrible the rest of the night. I laid in bed watching tv for the rest of the night.

Sarah, i am so sorry you are feeling so awful. I hope you feel better after the first trimester passes. Oh, and that is a great pic, and funny I pictured you with short dark hair! :LOL

Robin, Happy Anniversary!!!! Your night out sounds like fun to me. Dh and I usually go to the resturant at the company he works at for our anniversary. It is a VERY high end place. Dinner for just the two of us runs at around $150....and that is after his 50% employee discount and the complimentary wine the give us. Dh is well liked at his company.

Tabitha, I hope you feel well for the show today. I would LOVE an organic bed! Someday.....Oh, I also will try to check in on a chat one day....when I don't feel like I was fluched down the toilet then plunged back out! :LOL

And to everyone talking about landlords and birth......I *believe* that there is nothing a landlord can do if you birth in an apartment. It is a matter of your privacy. It is not illegal to give birth at home, period. People may say it is illegal to have a homebirth, but I know that in CA that is not true. It may be illegal for someone to attend a homebirth (lay midwife, for example...may be considered practicing medicine without a license....that sort of thing), but parents have the right to give birth where they choose. Check out the laws in your state....I am sure I read on a site a while ago, though, that it is not illegal in the US to have oyur baby at home. It is just a matter of who is leagally allowed to attend those births. But regardless, your landlord/manager has no right to tell you you can not have a homebirth. This is my experience owning a rental unit and managing an apartment complex for my MIL for 4 years.

Okay, it is Saturday, and we have errands to run....I will be updating my sig line to include a pic from our u/s yesterday too.

Taks care everyone!
#100 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 03:54 PM

Okay, after the novel I just posted, I just now saw your post Sandi.
I THOUGHT that was you over on that board!!!!!!! :LOL I am on there too, and I know the thread you are talking about. I don't know why I go there, except to remind myself of the things I do not want to do. Things were getting a little, um...uncomfortable on the homebirth thread someone started. One poster asks for homebirthers to post, and a bunch of people who aren't going to homebirth start posting there. WTF!?!?!?!?!?! No one asked you to post!!!!

ANyway, I am so glad to come home over here.
#101 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 03:58 PM

wildthing- ther are a couple of us over there. I agree it just reminds me of how I don't want to do things.
#102 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Banned

Sandi-that long post on the bottlefeeding thread was me! I actually went over here to MDC and posted on the extended bfing forum b/c it upset me so much. I knew there would be backlash from what I wrote and I don't feel up to dealing with it so I haven't been back. That was the last time I surfed mainstream boards. Can you believe that woman got mad at her uncle for saying something b/c he was a man? It just made me sad. Anyway, if you want to know how I really feel about it, I am sure my post is still over in xbf called need to vent about negativity.

wildthing-it's nice for technology to be there when you need it. I am so happy to hear that everything is good. I read about too many losses on the boards...Thanks again for the hb support. We are in CO and their MW laws are a bit more strict than our 1st hb in CA. I don't think I really have that much to worry about, it's just that everyone over in the HB forum is kinda freaking about CPS right now.

Sarah-Love the pic and the e-vite was so sweet! Your friends really love you. I am glad you are feeling a bit better, even though the circumstances are less than ideal.

Tabitha-Hope this passes soon for you. Recharge is great stuff if you can keep it down. BOth my best friend and I found it to be wonderful during our labors. Hope throwing it up now won't turn it off to you later! Have fun at the show!

Rubelin- Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 4th Oct 9. We have been friends for 10 yrs so I totally understand the timelessness. Have fun tonight! DH and I really want to see the movie too. We used to go to movies a lot before ds came along, but attachment parenting has its drawbacks. And of course now that ds could be left with someone, we live somewhere where we dont know anyone!

I thought m/s decreased with each subsequent pg. Anyone know anything about this? I was intensely ill with ds, but only for about 2 wks and dh contributes a lot of it to stress (I was working). I found out a lot earlier with this pg and I just keep waiting for it to hit full force. I find myself more sensitive to smells and foods, but not at the level of the rest of you. I am 6 wks. I am glad, but at the same time, I don't know, feel different than everybody else, you know?

As for sleeping, I go to bed w/ds-dh works nights. But I find myself restless in the wee hours of the morning lately and I am usually one of those people that can sleep like a log for 10 hours. DH let me sleep in this morning-it was very sweet. Had a big talk last night about housework, we'll see if anything pans out. He hates it that I am so pessimistic, I hate it that he isn't realistic.

Have a great day ladies!

Julie
#103 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 08:16 PM

Donna ~ So glad everything is a-okay!! I've been a little worried myself today - I'm kinda crampy so I've just been laying on the couch all day. DH and I had sex this morning and I've read you can sometimes experience cramps after so I'm hoping that's all it is.

I just took a warm bath and I've been "chatting" with the baby all day and rubbing my belly...I think everything is fine!

Has anyone else experience any after-sex discomfort during pregnancy? (Oh and I've been wondering this...back on the TTC board we called it BD-ing -- but is there a polite abbreviation for sex when your not BD-ing?? : ) Anyway.....

Sarah ~ What and awesome picture!! I LOVE all the slings!!! That is so great that your friends are so supportive. Ahhhh....bask in the love!!

Robin ~ Happy anniversary!!! Hope you have a wonderful night out!

Tabitha ~ Did ya take a nap on a big giant organic bed??? :LOL Sounds nice!

Hey so tonight is the full moon - second one of our pregnancies (I think, right? Is it anyone's third?) and I guess there is a lunar eclipse too! DH is outside "checking it out" right now. It's freezing out brrrrrrrr....so I told him to let me know if it's worth bundling up and coming outside!

Sorry...I know I didn't say hello to everyone but DH says dinner is ready -- veggie tacos with guacamole and rice!!

~Erin
#104 of 105 Old 11-08-2003, 11:43 PM

The eclipse was lovely. Not only is it the second full moon of my pregnancy, but my son's first birthday. A cool day, even though it didn't go the way I planned. Time for nursies and bed... I'm too tired to think anymore.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#105 of 105 Old 11-09-2003, 10:38 AM

I started a new thread this morning.

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=97307

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page