Shooting pain in vagina? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-29-2008, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I'm 16 weeks pregnant. All morning I have been having intermittent shooting pains that feel like they are going down my vagina. They aren't severe or really painful but I don't know what they are. Has anyone had this before? My midwife's office is closed on Fridays so I figured I'd ask on here first. Thanks.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#2 of 11 Old 08-29-2008, 05:42 PM

Yes, it feels like it's shooting straight down. Like a twinge, but a little more painful? I recall that sensation well. I had it with both pregnancies, but probably not until a little later along.
#3 of 11 Old 08-29-2008, 05:53 PM

had this also. no idea what it was/is... apparently nothing serious or even tell tale as nothing came of it in my first pregnancy and nothing has come of it in this pregnancy either. Seemed like it happened in spurts. Happened several times a day for a few days then nothing for weeks or even months. It returned here and there but, didn't last long.

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#4 of 11 Old 08-29-2008, 05:57 PM

I had that too. I'm 29 weeks now and haven't noticed it in a while, but I figured it was due to the stretching/growing. Also, as I noticed on our ultrasound, my baby likes to stand on my cervix. Maybe this can contribute?

Jane: mama to 3 angels and The Champ(11/08) and Baby Z appearing in December

#5 of 11 Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 PM

Yeah, I always get that when I'm pregnant. Sometimes they make me kind of jump they can be quite painful (maybe further along). Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it but call your m/w on Monday just for peace of mind.
#6 of 11 Old 08-29-2008, 06:07 PM

I have this. I have no idea what it is, but it's annoying. I'm starting to wonder if the baby is beating my cervix.

obstruct livery vehicles

#7 of 11 Old 08-29-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminosaJane View Post
I had that too. I'm 29 weeks now and haven't noticed it in a while, but I figured it was due to the stretching/growing. Also, as I noticed on our ultrasound, my baby likes to stand on my cervix. Maybe this can contribute?
Ditto (except I'm 26 weeks). I had the shooting pains and my crotch felt beat up every night/like I'd ridden on a horse all day. Haven't felt it in a while!!
#8 of 11 Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 PM

I had this a lot in my second trimester. I discussed it with my ob, and she said it was probably just the baby pressing on my cervix. sometimes I swear this baby was just pinching my cervix with it's tiny hands!
#9 of 11 Old 08-31-2008, 11:11 AM

It sounds like it maybe could be PSD (Pubic Symphosis Dysfunction)? I started having pains in my 21st week, and it was hard to roll over at night, and lift one leg up. But maybe your just having shooting pains, because he/she is standing on your cervix.

I'm glad I found out what the PSD was though, because I was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk, and finally found out it just meant my pubic bone was out of alignment, so I found a chiropractor that practiced the webster technique and it's been great ever since!
#10 of 11 Old 08-31-2008, 08:00 PM

I had it when I was in the beginnings of a bladder infection. It's probably not that unless you have other signs - frequent urination, burning, fever, etc.
#11 of 11 Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all the replies - I was away all weekend. I felt it most of the day on Friday but haven't felt it since. I was thinking it was maybe something stretching. Good to know it isn't uncommon! Hopefully it doesn't come back. It didn't hurt per se but it certainly was an odd feeling!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page