Oh mama, I'm so sorry! I had an unexpected c-section with DS after planning to have a drug-free hospital birth. I was post-dates, induced with pit, filled with fluid, and subsequently c-sectioned. My milk came in just in time to avoid supplementing (barely), and after that DS and I have been really close. He's a mommy's boy!
Here are my suggestions:
1. Find a La Leche League leader or independent lactation consultant who will visit you in the hospital and REFUSE the hospital LC--they are usually big formula pushers.
2. Bring comfy clothes, flip-flops, and any other comforts from home that you can to help it seem less medical. If you're up to it, ask to have your catheter and IV removed ASAP.
3. Have visitors bring you food you like from home, a box of whole wheat bagels with peanut butter, fruit, or restaurant takeout to give you something GOOD (and healthy) to eat and to boost your spirits.
4. See if your DH can stay with you. The hospital let DH stay with me the whole time and it really helped (although he had to get his own food and his bed was teeny-tiny).
5. If you're feeling good, and baby's doing well, ask to go home ASAP. It's such a relief to get back to normal.
I had to respond to this because my own DS just turned 3 yesterday. Yes, I'm angry at what happened, yes it was emotionally, psychologically, and physically hard on me, BUT when I look at my beautiful little boy, I don't care how he got here--he's here, he's miraculous, and I AM his mother. No one can cut that out of you.