Mothering Forum banner

Placental Abruption- Second Trimester

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mommyfied 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some support and stories from moms who have gone through this experience. I am expecting my 7th baby and am 14.5 weeks pregnant. I spotted for all of my second month (July) then the first week of August had a flow of blood over night. I was 9 weeks at that point. Everything cleared up except for some more spotting a couple of times. Then 10 days ago I started flooding blood all over. I bled very heavy for a short time and as we were on the way to the hospital it quit. I was 13 week at that point. The diagnosis is placental abruption.

I would love to hear stories from moms who had early partial abruptions...did you carry to term with no other problems?...Did you have problem bleeds and further abruption issues later?

My Dr. gave a 50/50 chance of have a good outcome. I'm just looking for real life stories.

I don't regularly get where I have internet access, but I can get e-mail at home. Please email me at scottandjen@innernet.net Thanks.

Jen

#2 ·
Hi! I haven't personally experienced this, but I know of a woman on another board who has. It is the yahoo group for subchorionic hematomas. I will forward your message her way! She carried her lo with 20% of her placenta dettached. Since you don't get online often, I will forward your message to her so she can email if she would like!

Best of luck to you!

Christy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.