I want to cry I'm so frustrated! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2003, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I watch my neighbors kids. In September we discussed bab's due date, and I told her baby was due November and I'd want that month off, and go from there. Depending on exactly when the baby arrived, and how my recovery was going. That was cool.

Oct 30 she tells me she's bringing me her schedule for November. I told her that i was on a induction waiting list(long story). She calls me on the 4th in the morning to see if i'll watch the kids. I told her, i could that day, but as of the next day I was waiting for induction, plus I'd had 18 hours false labor already. She'd have to make arrangements. Ends up I fall down the stairs, have limited mobility due to twisted ankle and am progressing through the steps to go into labor. She asks ds today if I had teh baby. He said not yet. She calls tonight and wants me to take her kids tomorrow! I told her that I couldn't, I'm on call, for either the induction OR labor. WHAT ISN'T SHE GETTING?? Oh and to top it off, she cancelled Tuesday on me anyway. She does it ALL THE TIME. And she won't pay for those days.

She's upset with me now. I told her MONTHS ago I'd be taking this time off. I'm stressed. In the morning I'm calling her and being very blunt. That I will not be watching her kids til further notice. I want time to bond and form some kind of pattern as we merge this baby into our family, to recover from the birth. I get this sick feeling she expects me to watch her kids the day I get home from the hospital. And truthfully, I don't want to watch her kids anymore. I'll take 2 full time kids that hte families actually PAY me.

I'm so frustrated, i want to cry. I don't need this. I like her, but she's being STUPID.

How can I get through to her???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2003, 04:32 AM

grrr..

honey, you don't need that.

peaceful birth wishes to you and your family!

Old 11-06-2003, 05:42 AM

Jonathan was born on a Tuesday evening. I sat, by my choice all day with the boy I watched. I came home on Thursday from the hospital. His father (my ex bf by the way, my ds1's father) was calling me that night to see if I was taking Ken the next day! I was like, "I don't think so" "How's Monday sound?"
I love this boy like he is one of mine but come on, he's not!
We all need a break! I miss him so much now that I don't watch him anymore.
Just tell her your all done! You need your rest and time to bond as a family with your new baby, like you said!
Old 11-06-2003, 06:25 AM

Oh, I'm sorry you have to deal with this! Like you said, she's being stupid - she had plenty of notice and she has no right to be upset. Even to ask you if you're available is borderline rude. Forget borderline, it's rude.

This would be so hard, but if you can, just put up a wall to her stress. She's being completely unreasonable - poor her, she's got problems. It is not your responsibility or your problem AT ALL.

If you have to talk to her, I'd just keep it to a bare minimum, and like you said, be pretty blunt. You're not available and she should stop calling - you'll call her much later in the month, and let her know when you'll be available (or that you won't be).

Imagine all those stressful tensions just sliding off your back and though the floor. All the best to you in your labor!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:06 PM

Umm.. HI, does she KNOW what giving birth entails??? Doesn't she GET what it feels like at the end of a pregnancy... I wish she were pregnant and at the last month with someone calling me every five minutes.... GADS to you, my friend. Lots of
Old 11-06-2003, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
YOU are being COMPLETELY reasonable. does she not even pay you for watching the kids? if i were you i'd just remind her that you told her back in august or whenever that you wouldn't be able to watch them in november and make some suggestion about who might -- something like, "i heard the church has a great mom's morning out program" or "my friend sue takes her kids to this other playschool" or whatever. then leave it up to her and get caller id and don't answer the phone when she calls, or screen your calls on your answering machine.

and hope that baby comes soon!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie

User Tag List