Eating Liver & Cod Liver Oil while Pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2008, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have read past threads which touch on this, but I would love to hear from moms who have personally continued CLO or eaten liver ( I have been eating dessicated free range buffalo liver capsules from Carlsons) while pregnant. It is scary to believe liver and CLO are good for me and my baby, while a large portion of the medical community says I can physically hurt my baby if I do. Argh! I took Omega Cure (a oil from the body fo the fish) during my first pregnancy and think it was highly beneficial, I still take it. I have read all of the Weston Price info I can get my hands on, but are there other places and people who support this? My main concern is the Vit A issue. Pls let me know your experiences. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 03:45 PM

clo is highly purified, i absolutely continued it no worries. not sure I'd be as ok with straight dessicated buffulo liver, though
Old 09-13-2008, 03:17 AM

I take high vitamin CLO. Maybe try the Traditional Foods forum - most of us preggo mamas take HVCLO, and many take liver, too.

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

Old 09-13-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Catalina View Post
I take high vitamin CLO. Maybe try the Traditional Foods forum - most of us preggo mamas take HVCLO, and many take liver, too.
:

I plan to do both with my next pregnancy...I generally do raw liver cubes now (just swallow them) and I'm not sure with pregnancy nausea how long that will work for, but I'll try.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

User Tag List