Collected birth stories of "overdue" babies? (Xposted in Birth Stories) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Xposted in Birth Stories)

I'm poking around here and can't find this. It must be here. Help?

I'm looking for a thread here (or a link to a website) that is a collection of positive outcome, unmedicated, 40+week births - the later the better! Particularly I'm interested in stories where mom didn't emphasize "natural" methods of induction, and just waited for baby.

If this thread doesn't exist, then I would love to get it started. I can't contribute personally because DC was born on his EDD. But I see so many people getting pushed around for "post-maturity" it just breaks my heart.

Are there resources for this?

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2008, 06:41 PM

Well I can give you my personal experience... My DD was born at exactly 41 weeks without any type of induction natural or otherwise. She was my first and I assumed that because I was dilated to a 2 from 37 weeks and on she'd be out on time if not early. That's not how it went down though! My OB insisted that she would induce me at 41 weeks because of "all the risks of being overdue". I tried to explain that 41 weeks was average gestation for first babies so she wasn't overdue at all, but she wouldn't listen. She almost pressured me into doing it but in the end I refused, and my daughter came on her own mere hours after the induction was supposed to have taken place. I had an unmedicated hospital birth, but am planning on home births for any future kiddos.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing your story!

Any other ladies care to pipe in?

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
JMJ

I was 16 days late, and I have sisters who were 14 and 12 days late. My grandparents made up their own due dates because all their 7 kids were 3 weeks late. This isn't a case of mistaken date of conception, either because both my parents and grandparents practiced Natural Family Planning and knew when conception occurred. All the kids involved turned out fine. Now I'm pregnant with my first and trying to make sure my midwife doesn't try to do anything to make my baby come before he/she darn well pleases.

User Tag List