Red raspberry leaf tea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-12-2003, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've heard that drinking red raspberry leaf tea after 36 weeks prepares the uterus for labor. Has anyone heard of this or tried this? This is my first child and even though I'm having her in the hospital, I'd like to keep my experience au natural. No meds, no episiotomy, etc. Luckily, the hospital offers hot tubs, birthing balls, and showers. Oh... I'm rambling! If anyone has other tips for me please feel free to share!

Thanks!!

Shari
#2 of 7 Old 11-12-2003, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Oh! Or if you know an reputable on-line place where I can get the red raspberry leaf tea would be helpful too!

Shari
#3 of 7 Old 11-12-2003, 12:09 PM

Hi Shari,

I don't know much about it but I have heard the same thing about helping to prepare your uterus. I am going to try and find some today. My midwife said that the tea can be found in co-ops and even in some grocery stores that have an organic section. There is also a 'pregnancy tea' that she told me about that is supposed to be good. Some of the other MDC members I'm sure know something about this.

I'm going to try the local grocery store today and the co-op this weekend if I can't find it there. I'll let you know if I find it!

Amy

Best wishes for you "au natural" labor and delivery !!! This is my first child too and I'm so excited about labor

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
#4 of 7 Old 11-12-2003, 12:47 PM

I drink rrl tea in all phases of my cycles/pregnancy. This is where I get it, a little goes a long way and loose leaf is very easy to prepare. If you scroll down, it tells you all about the tea and how to prepare it. In the summer time it makes excellent sun tea. You can also throw in a little mint or another fav tea to add to the flavor. tea
You can also find a tea bag rrl tea made by traditional medicinals-found in healthfood stores or health sections of many major grocery stores. It is ok, but the loose leaf mother tea is SO much better!

Wishing you both gentle and joyful births!

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#5 of 7 Old 11-12-2003, 12:50 PM

forgot to add that I drank it throughout my second pregnancy but not for my first, My second was a peace of cake! I think the tea helped

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#6 of 7 Old 11-12-2003, 01:17 PM

You can order red raspberry leaf AND support mothering.com by checking out the following thread:

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=59295

I've ordered herbs through Mountain Rose and they were great. Rather than drinking red raspberry leaf "tea," it's probably better (according to Susun Weed anyway) to drink an "infusion." Every night, throw a big handful of the dried leaf into a quart jar, cover with boiling water, and drink the quart the next day. And do this every day! Teas are not normally nourishing enough to make a big difference, but infusions are.
#7 of 7 Old 11-12-2003, 01:53 PM

I have been drinking RRF tea since I found out I was preggers. I would definitly reccomend the loose herb rather than a tea already in tea bag form as usually the latter is a more inferior quality due to the processing. (I usually combine mine w/ nettles,oatstraw and spearmint btw) I have used traditional medicinals Pregnancy Tea as well but I think the loose herb is much more potent.

In alot of countries RRL is considered an abortificant btw, but it is my understanding it is the cultivated kind..I think this leads to the confusion over when you should start taking it (earlier vs. later). As with any herb though during PG if you feel crampy or whatnot after using it stop taking it!

I definitly reccommend Mountain Rose Herbs too, they have the best quality herbs!!!!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page