Early Symptoms....Please read - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Ladies,

I've already had two boys and that was going to be the extent of our family.

BUT....my gosh, I think I may be pregnant again!

Can you please tell me what you think re: symptoms:

Was due for period yesterday.
Two weeks with constant lower back ache.
Last week some spotting.
Noticed yesterday I have nipple discharge (creamy yellow and clear).

I haven't breastfed for almost 3 years, so the discharge is what is making me think I am (most of all).

If I am, this is going to be a total unexpected surprise!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 02:16 PM

If your period is already past due, a pregnancy test is going to be nearly 100% accurate, so go pee on a stick!!!!!!!!!:

CPST
#3 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

I know, just to lazy to go and get a test....LOL

Is it normal to have nipple discharge all of a sudden after not BFing for three years??
#4 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'd get thee to a dollar store and pick up a few tests. POAS, woman!

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#5 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Did you POAS yet? Let us know!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#6 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestic Goddess View Post
I know, just to lazy to go and get a test....LOL

Is it normal to have nipple discharge all of a sudden after not BFing for three years??
I know a couple of people who had some nipple discharge as a symptom of early pregnancy. I, on the other hand, can always squeeze a little something out of my nipples whether I am pregnant or not.

Good luck!

Mama to 4.5
#7 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well ladies, just took a test and it was negative.

Guess it must be hormonal!

:
#8 of 27 Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 PM

It might be somethign you want to get checked out with your doctor. Before I had my first daughter I was producing breast milk (i was not preg). It ended up that I had a very elevated prolactin level. I could basicaly breastfeed because I had so much milk. Anyways I had a pituitary tumor. Not saying this is what you have but you might want to mention it to your doctor.
#9 of 27 Old 10-15-2008, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hi again,

Still no AF today. Anybody test negative the day their period was due and it was false?

I wonder why that would happen if it did, don't pregnancy tests pick up even the slightest amount of hormone?
#10 of 27 Old 10-15-2008, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'd probably wait a few more days, or maybe a week, and if AF doesn't show up, POAS again and go to the doctor if it's still negative.

Pregnancy tests pick up certain levels or hcg... you can look up your brand on http://peeonastick.com and learn about it. Your hcg levels *can* still be too low even on the first day of a missed period. And some women don't get a lot of hcg in their urine until later anyway. You can go to your doctor to get a blood test, which will say exactly how much hcg is in your system (if they run a quantitative hcg). They can also test other hormone levels.

Mama to Tornado Boy (6/04), The Brute (11/06), and Mischief (05/09)... expecting in February '15
#11 of 27 Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 PM

At home pregnancy test never works for me, unfortunately.

I was pregnant with my 1st daughter in dec 2001, and I took take home test and it was negative. Then a week later, I was in a car accident and went to ER and told the doctor, before you do anything, I think I might be pregnant and the hosptial took my bloodwork and I was pregnant-positive. I knew it that the take home test didn't work for me and I asked the DR why the pregnancy test didn't detect me being pregnant.. the doctor said I had low HCG level. Ahh figure.

Now, I'm also now pregnant again... and 2 months ago.. I took take home pregnant test twice.. negative..

2 weeks ago, took take home test again.. negative..

last week, my hubby and I got fed up of this "am I pregnant".. so I made an appt with my GYN and had bloodwork, and yep.. I'm pregnant! I asked my DR the same question, why do the take home pregnancy test don't work on me.. she said same thing, Low HCG level. AARGH.. Imagine the hassle! And even the bloodwork is unable to detect how far along I am and now I have to wait for an ultrasound so I'd know how far along I am. I could be 2 months pregnant right now. Oh well.

I think, its better for you to visit your doctor office to make sure if you're pregnant or not.

Quote:
Hi again,

Still no AF today. Anybody test negative the day their period was due and it was false?

I wonder why that would happen if it did, don't pregnancy tests pick up even the slightest amount of hormone?

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#12 of 27 Old 10-15-2008, 08:08 PM

I had a cycle a few months back that she was 2-3 days late, I swore up and down I was preg cause of the symptoms but all tests said neg, so maybe she's just taking her time

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#13 of 27 Old 10-16-2008, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well today is day 4 of no AF.

I'm going to test again tomorrow morning.

My symptoms are the same, today my breasts are itchy and still have discharge when squeezed. Lower back pain isn't as bad.

I have had two boys and I tested early with both of them. Have any of you noticed that being pregnant with a girl, it took longer to get a positive result?? Just curiouse!
#14 of 27 Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomieMama View Post
At home pregnancy test never works for me, unfortunately.

I was pregnant with my 1st daughter in dec 2001, and I took take home test and it was negative. Then a week later, I was in a car accident and went to ER and told the doctor, before you do anything, I think I might be pregnant and the hosptial took my bloodwork and I was pregnant-positive. I knew it that the take home test didn't work for me and I asked the DR why the pregnancy test didn't detect me being pregnant.. the doctor said I had low HCG level. Ahh figure.

Now, I'm also now pregnant again... and 2 months ago.. I took take home pregnant test twice.. negative..

2 weeks ago, took take home test again.. negative..

last week, my hubby and I got fed up of this "am I pregnant".. so I made an appt with my GYN and had bloodwork, and yep.. I'm pregnant! I asked my DR the same question, why do the take home pregnancy test don't work on me.. she said same thing, Low HCG level. AARGH.. Imagine the hassle! And even the bloodwork is unable to detect how far along I am and now I have to wait for an ultrasound so I'd know how far along I am. I could be 2 months pregnant right now. Oh well.

I think, its better for you to visit your doctor office to make sure if you're pregnant or not.

Did you test the day your period was due and after? Or did you do early tests?
#15 of 27 Old 10-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Hi again,

With ds, I had a -hpt 2 days after af was due (16dpo), -hpt 4 days after af was due (18dpo), and got a +hpt 6 days late (20dpo). So...it happens. lol

You could have ovulated late, which would make af late.

Another time that af was late (I knew when I o'ed), I had an ovarian cyst (no big deal, they typically go away on their own).

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#16 of 27 Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Day 5....took a test and negative. Cramping just above pubic area, especially on right side. Breasts feel fuller. *sigh* Guess a doctors appointment is in order.
#17 of 27 Old 10-17-2008, 11:19 PM

Good Luck Hope you get the answer you want and at any rate - a healthy answer

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#18 of 27 Old 10-20-2008, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Well yesterday morning, woke up and had a bit of pinkish blood on the toilet paper. Thought....yes!!! Finally I had my period!

Then.............that was it....gone. Still nothing today.

Now I'm really confused. :
#19 of 27 Old 10-20-2008, 02:46 PM

Deb-

Have you seen the doc? Perhaps a super-late implant? C'mon, the suspense is killing me?
#20 of 27 Old 10-20-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatsmama View Post
Deb-

Have you seen the doc? Perhaps a super-late implant? C'mon, the suspense is killing me?
You read my mind.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#21 of 27 Old 10-20-2008, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Haven't seen the doctor yet. I think I"m going to just wait it out and see if it reappears. My lower back is still very achey as well my lower abdomen seems to have a funny sensation at times. My feet and hands have been burning up at night and I have been very thirsty for cold cold drinks.

I usually wouldn't be worried that I'm pregnant b/c DH and I always use protection, except one time this month we didn't have condoms and did the withdrawal method. So if it weren't for that, I'd chalk it up to hormones!

I'll keep you posted!
#22 of 27 Old 10-20-2008, 04:15 PM

I am 2 weeks late and just this morning got a faint positive, though I've been really feeling like I'm pregnant for about 4 days. This pregnancy is a HUGE surprise, we thought we were done, DH was getting his V next month!!! My 2 kids are about the same age as yours too.

Let us know!!

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#23 of 27 Old 10-20-2008, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats!

Yes, we are in the same boat. I'm 43 and we definitely weren't planning on anymore!

Did you have any spotting or back ache??

All the best with your pregnancy.
#24 of 27 Old 10-21-2008, 12:55 AM

I haven't had any spotting or backache, just the nausea, lightheadedness (is that a word LOL) and exhaustion! I'm glad mine are back at school tomorrow! (they had been on fall break) My kids are born in 00' and 02'. I'm actually the most upset/stressed/overwhelmed about the age difference to tell you the truth. Just when we thought all the baby stuff was behind us LOL.

This will be my first pregnancy being "advanced maternal age" so I'm curious about what that entails.

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#25 of 27 Old 10-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Well yesterday morning, woke up and had a bit of pinkish blood on the toilet paper. Thought....yes!!! Finally I had my period!

Then.............that was it....gone. Still nothing today.

Now I'm really confused. :
I had what I thought was a light period when I was a month pregnant...short (four days) and mostly light pink/light brown. I didn't test until two weeks after that, so you may be pg anyway. Go see someone! We're dying to know!

#26 of 27 Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM

Could def. be late implantation, good luck mama~~keep us posted! My earliest symptoms w/this pg and w/ds [found out at 4wks with ds and 5wks with this pg] was fatigue early on. Then the hormones kicked in lol. Everybody is different though and so is every pregnancy. With my dd I had horrible morning sickness super early on. Bleh.

ETA: We didn't dtd very much at all and tried to prevent [opk tests etc] yet we still go pg lol.

#27 of 27 Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Well ladies, looks like AF has finally kicked in.

Thanks for listening to my madness!

I wish you all wonderful pregnancies and beautiful babies.

Take care.

:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page