Woo Hoo! Birth Announcements - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2002, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME ZENNAN!!!!

what a big guy! congrats to you and your family!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2002, 04:38 PM

Sorry to be so late in posting...we've been busy traveling and moving and haven't had email access as readily as we'd like.

Samuel Raymond Berkley was born 6/13/02...8 days late. He was 9 pounds 12 ounces and 21 inches long. Was drug free up to the last hour of labor...I really tried, but I lost my breathing rhythm and couldn't recuperate...AH WELL! He is healthy and that is all that matters. Had a shot of demorol and I had to push an hour later. He was born at 8:02pm...labor started around 9:30am. Now, at 11 1/2 weeks, he weighs in at 15 pounds and is outgrowing clothes in record pace. Momma's milk is doing wonders!!!

Big sister Margaret adores him!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:41 PM

Congrats Robyn! Welcome Sam!

I wondered what had happened to you. Glad to hear that all is well.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:04 AM

I had my baby boy!!!!!!! Sept 8 2002 Vincent William was born. he is 6lbs 1oz and 19inches long. had a very good birth, and feel so good now.
Maize
mama to Ocean --11/24/1996
and Vincent --9/8/2002 ))))
Old 09-09-2002, 12:02 PM

Welcome to the world Vincent!!!! Congratulations on your birthing!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:18 AM

Mommy2ZaGirls is also Mommy 2ZaBoy! I will have to retire this screen name!

Our son is almost 1 month old. He is amazing! We love him dearly and I, for one, am enjoying the male energy! The girls really love him and are adjusting fairly well.

He was born at home. Labor and the birth were very challenging (my second daughter's birth, also at home, was almost pain-free--not this one!) but he was soooo worth it!
Old 09-28-2002, 11:25 AM
Banned

Hello All!!!!
My little/big girl was born on September 24, 2002!
She weighed 10 lbs and 5 oz. !! 20.5 inches long!
She is BEAUTIFUL!
She still doesn't have a name yet, her naming ceremony will be on tuesday.
Thank you all!!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 09:27 PM

Nathaniel Mattey has arrived!! BORN SEPTEMBER 27th 12:58 pm
He was 6lbs & 2 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. I was 37 & 1/2 weeks, so he was a little early. We are so happy he is here & he is nursing beautifully.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:54 AM

William Nicholas was born on September 20, 2002 at 6:50 pm. He was 8 lbs 8 oz and 20 in long.

He was born via cesarean section after a failed 2 day long induction. I was sad to not have a natural birth experience, but my declining health this pregnancy made that impossible. So I will rejoice that baby is here safely and healthy, nursing well. Mom still has some health issues to clear up as well as recovery, but I am well on my way. Thanks to all who have helped with advice and support.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:52 AM

I gave birth my little cutie elf girl on 9/30/02 - 2:26 am - 8lbs 8 oz.... after 26 hours of labor- with a 4 hour transition and 2.5 hours of pushing--an episiotomy(her head was stuck sideways) and tearingon the inside - no drugs--- she came out!

we named her Azalea Vesta Clover- and she gets cuter every day

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianne
Old 10-05-2002, 10:45 AM

Tristan Curzon arrived on October 4 at 5:02am. He weighed in at 8 lbs, 1/2 oz and measured 21 1/2 inches.
We are so excited to meet him at last! He is absolutely beautiful and we are all doing well.
Old 10-17-2002, 10:35 PM

i promised i'd post my birth story- heres the link

http://www.twilightdance.com/azalea.htm

In Love&Light
brianne
Old 10-18-2002, 09:06 PM

TwilightDance-
I love your birth story! It reminds me much of Spiritual Midwifery, my favorite book. Your descriptions of how tripped out labor is were right on!!!! I am so excited now for my trip to come soon! Azalea is sooooo beautiful! A huge congratulations to you and your husband. Blessings to your family!!!! Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:21 PM

Alice Maranatha was born at home (VBAC) on October 8 after 3 days of labouring. She was 22" long and weighed in at 10lb, 4oz. A full 40% heavier and 4" longer than her older sister was! She gave us a military presentation, so I pushed hard for 2 hours (WHEW!) and my midwife said I get points for delivering an 11lb baby because of her position. No tearing or stitches at all, thanks to perineal massage the 4 weeks preceding.I did lose more blood than is normal and felt a bit anemic for about a week. That was the only setback- not a big one. People seem impressed with me for having such a big baby naturally, but I tell them, I didn't know how much she weighed until AFTER the fact, so don't go handing out gold medals! She is already wearing 3-6 month clothes at not even 3 weeks old. What a chunk! What an absolute blessing!

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

Old 10-29-2002, 08:31 PM

Fela Byrne (pronounced Fay-la) was born at home on October 24th at 6:40pm after 12 hours of labor and 40 minutes of pushing! She weighed 8lbs 10oz and measured 20 inches long.

Fela was an HBAC which was an absolutely incrdible experience that I will never forget.
My full birth story is in the VBAC forum if you want to read it

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=28683

Peace,

Verushka, mama to
Thelonious Lyle 11/23/99 and
Fela Byrne 10/24/02
Old 10-30-2002, 07:26 PM

congratulations Lila!!!Welcome to Alice!
RainCity Mama- I loved your birth story! Glad you had such a wonderful HBAC!! And that you got the birth you have been wanting. Congratulations and take care!!!!!!

welcome babies!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 07:21 PM

I'm a little late (but I've been busy )

Ella Rae was born August 11
8lbs. 3 oz.
21"
BEAUTIFUL!!
Used the bradley method and made it through without any drugs. I was sooo proud.
She came out head and fist first. I think she was punching her way into the world... and as it turns out, she's a very fiery little girl. Sweet but headstrong.
Can't wait to have another. I LOVE being a mamma.
sooooooo sad to have to go back to work, even if it is part time from home.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:44 PM

Carlsmama had a beautiful baby boy on Monday. He weighed in at 8lb.8oz and is 20.5 inches. His name is Ethan Patrick. I will let her fill you in on all the details
Old 11-22-2002, 11:37 PM

I gave birth to my little Liam 7:40 this morning - solo unassisted!
We're both doing great. He is about 8 lbs, and nursing beautifully!
Old 11-22-2002, 11:39 PM

Congratulations!!!! Hi Liam

Will you tell us how you did this? What a thrill!
Old 11-24-2002, 01:08 AM

I just delivered my 8 pound, 13 ounce bundle of joy - Isabel Eva - yesterday (Friday, November 22) at 1:11pm. Started contractions at 11pm Thursday evening (slept through them, I thought I was dreaming! LOL), got to the hospital at 7am, water broke at 11am, epidural around noon, pitocin at 12:30pm, pushed for 17 minutes - both of us remained intact! Who could ask for more?!?

We came home this afternoon to two VERY loving big sisters (their first fight - "it's my baby, no mine!" is on video tape

That's all for now, I feel pretty good, but tired!

Lots of love from a happy mommy!
-Leighanne

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 11-27-2002, 12:50 AM

Saffron Elizabeth was born last Wednesday 11/20 at 6:07 p.m. she was 9lbs 15 oz. I was with dd#1 at playgroup and voicing concerns because Md. had suggested inducing because I was experiencing a lot of swelling (no high bp or protein in urine) and because he suspected the baby was quite big. 1st birth was all natural except for episiotomy and I wanted the same again. We went home, had lunch and I put dd down for her nap. My water broke as I stood up from rocker. 41/2 hours later with the help of a wonderful midwife who allowed me complete control of my delivery I delivered Saffron -- no meds, no tears, no incisions. It was wonderful. With dd #1 the md came into the room as she was crowning--almost missed all the action-- and insisted I roll over from the forward leaning squat I was in onto my back and then "coached" my pushes. Performed episiotomy without consulting me 1st & with no other intervention (massage etc.. )attempted. This time I stayed in the position I wanted, pushed when and how my body told me and the midwife helped prevent tearing.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Active labor began as I was leaving the grocery store with mom, Grace, and the Thanksgiving turkey, among other things Contractions began at 3:45 or so, 3 minutes apart and peaking after about 35-45 seconds. I got in the door to the house and called my midwife, and she came over about 45 minutes later. She checked me, water still intact, and dilated to 6 cm or so. I labored on my hands and knees for a while, tucking my tush and tightening my abs as I did pelvic rocks and cat stretches.. arching my back felt really good as I tightened my tush and abs, not sure why. Needed something to releive the tailbone pressure! Then I got on the birthing ball awhile wheer Sonya applied counterpressure to my knees, pushing towartd my back, and my mom applied heat from a rice sock. Then I got brave and stood through a few, hanging onto the fridge a while (was bigger than me and could support my weight. I was rocking and swaying my hips and moaning through contractions. Rob, Audrey, Sonya, and my mom finished setting up and filling the birth tub in my kitchen, and I decided to get in. (Audrey is my midwife, Sonya is her friend and the childbirth assistant/doula). Audrey said later that she thinks I went from 6 to 10 in the two contractions that I stood for and the first contraction I had in the tub. But she never checked me again.

I hadn't been in more than about 5 minutes when I started feeling the urge to push, but I tried to hold out for a while... not stopping what my body was doing, but also not helping the pushing. I spent so much effort pushing Grace out that I wanted my body to be pushing before I began exerting the effort to help. . I was on my hands and knees for a while, then I got on my bottom in the tub, and sorta lifted my hips up and swayed as I moaned. My body started pushing during every contraction, and I just went with it, hanging back sometimes, pushing sometimes. She was out in about 8 pushes, totalling 20 minutes.

Her name is Lillian Hazel, and she was born after 3 hours and 50 minutes of active labor. She weighs 9 lbs 4 oz and is 21 3/4 inches long. Two pounds heavier and 2 inches longer than Grace was. I have the same small tear as last time, 2 stitches worth, even though her head was 14 1/4 inches around!!

It was fantastic, quick, intense, and hard work!! She's a little lamb though, so sweet, very quiet, and sleepy, and has already latched on and gotten some good colostrum! She seems to know exactly how to nurse, and is rarely frustrated, if she's not sure she wants to nurse, she will just mouth and lick my nipple.

Thanks for your positive thoughts and support and prayers! Feather, where are you, honey?!!! *HUG*

Jeni, Rob, Grace, and Lily!
Old 11-27-2002, 06:46 PM

What a beautiful birth story! Enjoy your new arrival.
Old 11-27-2002, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
http://community.webshots.com/user/jenihuffs
in the Lily album

We have video of the waterbirth, and will get some still pictures off of it when we get a chance. What a wonderful experience we had, and its so fun to have a place like mothering to share it!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:26 PM

It's a girl! Born at home at 12:32 pm Sunday the 24th. Two day's after my birthday.

Nursing in arm's now. I'll write more later.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:36 PM

I envy you both your wonderful homebirths! Welcome Mamarosa's little one.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:29 AM

Congratulations!! ging-ging

She is beautiful!! I love how filled out she is, she weighs the same as my last ds!

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story!

Congratulations to Mamarosa!! Can't wait to hear the story!!

Sarah
Old 11-28-2002, 05:51 AM

I posted this in 'talk amongst yourselves', when I got more time. For allyou who come here for birth stories, here's mine:

She's a girl (I thought so, but didn't do an ultrasound, so...). Born at home on Sunday the 24th, two days after my birthday, 10 days after her supposed 'due date'. I guess she wanted to be a Sagitarius! My partner is a Leo, and ds was born 'late' to become a Leo. I'm born right on the cusp of sag. and scorp., and now dd is just two days after me. Kind of funny... a well balanced mix I guess.)

Anyway, labour was 12 hours from complete start to finish. A huge relief from the 32 hours with ds!
My god, having kids is painful! Why do we do it?! Oh, yeah, cause they're sooooo sweet!
She was born into the pool in the kitchen with the woodstove keeping us warm. My midwife really had to talk me back into the pool, cause I was in the bathroom during the end of labour. When I suddenly couldn't not push, I didn't think I'd make it to the kitchen! She was urging me to walk, and I yelled something like: " You can't make me do anything but push, here, now! (I yell a lot during labour! Poor ds, in the living room while mom screams "God Damned Mother Fucker, Get this thing out!!!"
LOL!
But I managed to hobble to the kitchen with dd crowning. Glad I did, 'cause I was able to watch her come out into the water, holding her head, then pull her up to me after the final push. Only four pushes to get her out! (two in the bathroom!)
No tearing this time! woo hoo! With ds I had this wierd tear where a piece of skin was still attached in between two tears.
Ds was there to watch her come out, and was just beaming when I looked at him after she was in my arms. He's getting pretty attached. He was sucking on her fingers yesterday!? And likes to talk to her with this sweet little voice, and his face right up close to hers. AAwwwh Geeezz, my kids!
Old 11-28-2002, 01:38 PM

welcome to the three little girls born !!! Saffron , Lillian, and Baby Girl to Mamarosa!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MAMAS!!!!

User Tag List