Sore legs and I don't know why.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The fronts of my thighs have been sore for the past couple of days and I don't know why. I am 21 weeks pregnant and in good shape. I usually go to an exercise class twice a week, but missed this past Saturday since my dh couldn't watch the boys. So, I haven't exercised since last Wednesday and haven't done anything out of the ordinary. And, yet, I feel totally sore especially when walking up and down stairs. Why could this be?

Marie-Mom to two boys and a girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 PM

Your hips are widening. Ask for a referral to a physical therapist to work on showing you some appropriate stretches for your IT band.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that might be it. My dh just commented on how the pants that I am wearing today were baggy just last week and now they are tight. This didn't happen to me with my other two. Does it tend to go away on it's own, do you know, or will I have to do physical therapy to make it go away?

Old 11-04-2008, 10:14 PM

It could also be pressure on the ligaments. Stair walking is to be avoided as it really puts too much of the wrong kind of pressure on. I find myself achey when the baby is going through a growth spurt - I'm sore as anything at the moment so I think he is putting on weight!

Speaking to a chiro might also help. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

I'll definitely be giving my midwife a call. I've never been to a chiropractor before, but am willing to try whatever will help. This is not fun. I guess exercise is out for tomorrow evening. I certainly can't avoid stairs altogether, but I'll try to limit my trips up and down. I think the baby may be going through a growth spurt (or at least my uterus has grown), now that you mention that, hedgewitch. I seem to have popped out in the past few days.

User Tag List